Please buy a hepa air filter

BuffaloRescue

I just wanted to say..

I was suffering from what I thought was a really bad cold, for over a month constantly sneezing, nose was either bunged up or streaming. Someone advised me its due to the pollution in Chiang Mai and I should get a hepa air filter.

I bought a cheap on for 6,000 baht. I slept with it in my bedroom and in the day i leave all the inside doors open in my apartment. Ive had no "cold" symptoms since. Also since it filters out so much dust... your home doest get nearly as dirty and I think it costs like 10 baht a day or so to run.

The model i had, has an ionize function also - seems to make the air feel fresher and more healthy. So i recommend everyone in CM to buy one.

I suppose a better option would be get a AC unit with built in hepa filter but since i already have standard AC i just bought the stand alone unit. Best buy of the year so far.

The pollution is terrible in CM. Red moon every night. Look at the street lights at night you can see the beams clearly due to all the shit in the air.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Which model did you get? I saw Toshiba models in that price range at Chi Chang and Central. And a Hatari at Home Pro, that uses filters that are more affordable. (Yet they didn't have them in stock. So I'm not about to buy something that they don't have replacement consumables for.)

BTW, up until a week or two ago the air was really quite good. You may also have a mild allergy which the air purifier would also improve.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Which model did you get? I saw Toshiba models in that price range at Chi Chang and Central. And a Hatari at Home Pro, that uses filters that are more affordable. (Yet they didn't have them in stock. So I'm not about to buy something that they don't have replacement consumables for.)

BTW, up until a week or two ago the air was really quite good. You may also have a mild allergy which the air purifier would also improve.

I got the harari one at home pro, it was about 6,000 baht and came with 2 filters (a spare one). Apparently filter is good for 6 months and costs about 700 baht

It said its good for 30 or 40 (cant remember) square meters but does a pretty good job on my 50sqm apartment (ok i keep bathroom door closed and spare bedroom).

Hardly any dust in the place to sweep from the floor now and i feel heaps better.

I was also wondering if the expensive filters would last longer if I put an additional layer of 3M Filtrete first in the air intake. That would alreayd get rid of most of the course stuff, potentially prolonging the usable life of the HEPA filter.

A filter cartridge costs 500baht

3 m about 200baht.

I think you will actually spend more and lose the benifit of the carbon filter too.

6 months is about right. One for the bad season 3 or 4 months and one for the rest of the year if you need it.

RIght, 3M is 200 baht but with one pack you can probably cover that Hatari unit at least four times. So just 50 baht. wink.png

Also I'm leaning towards the Toshiba unit, which uses a more expensive filter.

Maybe twice.if you are lucky...and remember it is the filter that counts....is the toshiba filter better or worse and how much and how available to replace'?

Right. I don't know. Do know that Home Pro didn't have the Hatari filters.

Would be nice actually if there was something of a standard size for replacement filters.

The Hatari ones are allways available....The Harari office in Bankok on websdite will tell you who sells them around you.

Yes i have noticed this year the air is bad

Compared to last year

I am here at the moment

Will be interesting next year to see what the difference is

Could be the Global Warming as the season are certainly changing

When i finally settle her

I will have to invest in a unit

Better to be safe than not feel well

We all have to look after ourselves

Thanks for the good post

Edited by Lizard2010

For those who interested to buy Hatari Air Purifier, you can save 10% by purchase from Lazada.co.th. It listed as 4888baht now. To enjoy the 10% discount, just purchase on Monday AND use Master credit card. Free delivery across Thailand.

I purchased a Air Humidifier from them not long ago. Delivery is within 2 business days.

Well, just now I had a very typical Chiang Mai shopping experience.

NOWHERE do they stock replacement filters for the air purifiers they sell. This includes Home Pro, Central, Chi Chang and Siam TV. The shop girl at Central told me the name of a small shop where they have replacement filters for their Toshiba units. So I goes to that shop to check that replacement filters are indeed easy to come by, but guess what. They need to order from Bangkok too, and they don't have a price list for me to easily compare which model's filters cost how much.

As an aside, all sales people think it's strange that I have a problem buying something for which they don't stock the consumables. They sell machines worth 6000, 15,000, 30,000 Baht but they can't stock the consumables. Imagine a car dealer selling cars but not bothering to stock spare parts. rolleyes.gif

Dear Central,

Hey, Nice building! Now STOCK IT if you want to sell s*3t!

Thank you.

I wish one brand or one retailer was different, but it's the same across the board, for Toshiba, Hatari, Sharp, 3M, Sanyo, etc.

In terms of the likelihood that filters (that fit) will remain available I'm still leaning towards Toshiba. They're been in the business for a long time and seem to be expanding.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

In terms of the likelihood that filters (that fit) will remain available I'm still leaning towards Toshiba. They're been in the business for a long time and seem to be expanding.

Toshiba sold their chest freezer (maybe other products too) division to Panasonic not that long ago, the freezers are actually a bit better now, I dont think Toshiba are doing so well.

I bought a Hitachi A5000 because the bedroom in which it is used is only 25 sq. metres. For many weeks I have suffered from dry irritated eyes, sneezing and bad sleeping patterns. I chose this machine because I have had only good experiences with Hitachi products and the feature set seemed comprehensive. It is now a week since the machine was installed and there has been a marked improvement in my respiratory condition. The humidifier has been adding over two litres of water per day and maintaining a 50% level, up from below 25% previously at night. The very useful auto setting ensures that the machine runs faster when it detects particles in the air, which it does when the door is opened for a short time. Once it senses that the count is down to acceptable levels is switches to silent mode which is truly silent and maintains a lower airflow.

Once I go out doors my eye problems return as does my sneezing which seems proof enough to me that the air quality in my bedroom has been improved. My partner can attest to the fact that my snoring has become much less audible too!!! And my use of eye drops and throat soothing medicine has been stopped.

Yes it was not cheap, but Homepro has all sizes in stock and discounted. I am more than happy with what has been achieved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bought my Hatari unit last week from Home Pro. They were giving 1 free filter as a promotion, so maybe they ran out. They had a stack of Hatari purifiers & a cupboard full of extra filters. The new filters are 888 baht (old model 500baht).

Lazada were selling the replacement filters last time I looked. I would imagine the Hatari filters are easier to obtain in Thailand than imported ones.

Bought my Hatari unit last week from Home Pro. They were giving 1 free filter as a promotion, so maybe they ran out. They had a stack of Hatari purifiers & a cupboard full of extra filters. The new filters are 888 baht (old model 500baht).

Lazada were selling the replacement filters last time I looked. I would imagine the Hatari filters are easier to obtain in Thailand than imported ones.

I did the same thing, a small Hatari, advertised as being able to clean the air in a 35 square meter room, for a little under 5000 baht with an extra filter. It's big enough for my bedroom, and I've been sleeping much better since I put it in. I was thinking of going back to get a second one for the living room of my condo, but if they're sold out...

Wow, just returned from Chiang Mai yesterday. You guys really have it bad up there. In just a couple of days, I developed a cough and my eyes stung whole time.

Edited by Fookhaht

Wow, just returned from Chiang Mai yesterday. You guys really have it bad up there. In just a couple of days, I developed a cough and my eyes stung whole time.

Never mind next month all the dust gets washed off as you walk down the street.

Off topic, but I arrived in Kuala Lumpur on the 12th and the air was even smokier than it is here, well, smokier than CM was then, maybe about the same as CM is now. Then I went to Penang for a few nights, which was just fine. Meanwhile it rained a lot in KL and was quite clear and fresh when I went through KL again on the 17th. If only we'd have a nice hard rain...

That true.

I still looking for replacement Hepa filter for my Sharp -Z31. If anyone came across where to find it. Let me know. Else, I had to buy from Malaysia and ask friend to bring it over. sad.png

Why do you not try the Sharp Part Centre at Future Electronic which is diagonally opposite the railway station. Or call the national call centre on 023524949.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I was also wondering if the expensive filters would last longer if I put an additional layer of 3M Filtrete first in the air intake. That would alreayd get rid of most of the course stuff, potentially prolonging the usable life of the HEPA filter.

A filter cartridge costs 500baht

3 m about 200baht.

I think you will actually spend more and lose the benifit of the carbon filter too.

6 months is about right. One for the bad season 3 or 4 months and one for the rest of the year if you need it.

I've just replaced my 3M filters after 8 weeks of running. They were quite black, and I was surprised, as the air con is only on at night, doors and windows shut.

There is no possible way that the mesh filter which came with the air con, which states "anti bacterial", would stop anything smaller than a mosquito!

The 3M filters are cheap and very efficient.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is rightly said in this context "The more the sweet you put in water, the taste is likewise". Same is the case with furnace filters. The more money you spent, the more durable material will come. HEPA filters are costly, but it has the capacity to catch minute to minute dust particles. If you regularly maintain it, it's life duration is more than 4 years.