Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

Some of Clarkson's best:-

"Have yourselves a black cock on me."

"black Muslim lesbians"

“Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day."

“one-eyed Scottish idiot".
Clarkson branded Mexicans “lazy”, “feckless” and “flatulent”

Lets quote the full text;'s of some of these and others, which are considered 10 of his most infamous "quotes"

1. February 2011, The Mexicans When Hammond compared Mexican cars to the nation's people, saying: "a lazy, feckless, flatulent oaf with a moustache, leaning against a fence asleep", Clarkson replied that they wouldn't receive a complaint because: "at the Mexican embassy, the ambassador is going to be sitting there with a remote control like this [snores]. They won't complain, it's fine." They complained.
  2. August 2010 - Special Needs While discussing a pair of Ferrari's, Jeremy said one of them was a "simpleton" that should be called the "430 Speciale Needs". The National Autistic Society took offence to that one.
  3. July 2012 - Burkas and Lingerie While on the topic of distracted driving, Clarkson came out with: "Honestly, the burka doesn't work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings."
  4. November 2008 - Lorry Drivers Always happy to tick off the working class, Clarkson compared truck drivers to a British serial killer: "Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day." There were many complaints to the BBC over that one and an MP asked that he be fired.
  5. April 2007 - Perodua Kelisa The Malaysian government took offence to Jeremy blowing up one of these cars that was built in their country by "jungle people who wear leaves as shoes" and saying the name sounded like a disease.
  6. December 2005 - The Germans In a now legendary segment, Clarkson gave a Nazi salute during a Top Gear episode about BMW and said their sat-nav "Only goes to Poland".
  7. February 2009 - Gordon Brown A bit of politician bashing is nothing new, but when Clarkson called the Brit PM "one-eyed Scottish idiot", the Beeb received many complaints about the Scottish idiot part. Not so many about the one-eyed bit.
  8. October 2009 - Black Muslim Lesbians This one was in the Top Gear magazine as Clarkson complained about TV programmers wanting "black muslim lesbians" on shows to balance out the white heterosexual males that dominate Brit tele. Not surprisingly, this offended many.
  9. July 2008 - Drink Driving In a classic move, Clarkson and May enjoyed a gin and tonic while driving to the North Pole. Jezzah justified it by saying they weren't on a road. He actually did get in trouble for this one, from the governing body that oversees the BBC.
  10. October 2007, Smoking Jezzah offended anti smoking folks by lighting up a Porsche branded pipe during an episode of Top Gear. They accused him of breaking the law for smoking inside the studio.

I had forgotten the Poland one, that was so funny.

I am looking for the Romanian and Albanian ones as well.

Was there an Indian one as well?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"black Muslim lesbians"

“Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day."

Lets quote the full text;'s of some of these and others, which are considered 10 of his most infamous "quotes"

1. February 2011, The Mexicans When Hammond compared Mexican cars to the nation's people, saying: "a lazy, feckless, flatulent oaf with a moustache, leaning against a fence asleep", Clarkson replied that they wouldn't receive a complaint because: "at the Mexican embassy, the ambassador is going to be sitting there with a remote control like this [snores]. They won't complain, it's fine." They complained.
  2. August 2010 - Special Needs While discussing a pair of Ferrari's, Jeremy said one of them was a "simpleton" that should be called the "430 Speciale Needs". The National Autistic Society took offence to that one.
  3. July 2012 - Burkas and Lingerie While on the topic of distracted driving, Clarkson came out with: "Honestly, the burka doesn't work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings."
  4. November 2008 - Lorry Drivers Always happy to tick off the working class, Clarkson compared truck drivers to a British serial killer: "Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day." There were many complaints to the BBC over that one and an MP asked that he be fired.
  5. April 2007 - Perodua Kelisa The Malaysian government took offence to Jeremy blowing up one of these cars that was built in their country by "jungle people who wear leaves as shoes" and saying the name sounded like a disease.
  6. December 2005 - The Germans In a now legendary segment, Clarkson gave a Nazi salute during a Top Gear episode about BMW and said their sat-nav "Only goes to Poland".
  7. February 2009 - Gordon Brown A bit of politician bashing is nothing new, but when Clarkson called the Brit PM "one-eyed Scottish idiot", the Beeb received many complaints about the Scottish idiot part. Not so many about the one-eyed bit.
  8. October 2009 - Black Muslim Lesbians This one was in the Top Gear magazine as Clarkson complained about TV programmers wanting "black muslim lesbians" on shows to balance out the white heterosexual males that dominate Brit tele. Not surprisingly, this offended many.
  9. July 2008 - Drink Driving In a classic move, Clarkson and May enjoyed a gin and tonic while driving to the North Pole. Jezzah justified it by saying they weren't on a road. He actually did get in trouble for this one, from the governing body that oversees the BBC.
  10. October 2007, Smoking Jezzah offended anti smoking folks by lighting up a Porsche branded pipe during an episode of Top Gear. They accused him of breaking the law for smoking inside the studio.

Are you his agent?

You guys are like bargain basement Orwellian villains. You say things, deny saying them, then when presented with what you said in writing you go quiet or talk about something. You sling mud at the people who disagree with you ("I'm right and I know it so if you disagree you must be a troll") and suggest looking up the definition of your insults, then when the definition doesnt fit you mentally erase words from it and just pretend it fits!

Quote my entire post about the definition of a troll, no words erased, I dare you.

"No, I won't sink to your, give it a rest, you're pathetic, blah blah lie blah lie blah lie".

You will not sink??? you have sunk---you said your piece 10 times more than most, and I do take your point, but not to just accrue posts. If you read my posts You ill see that there is no need for most of this rubbish once you have aired your views. This topic is way over the top if you want it to be, or matterless if you want it to be, the world will not change, we will always have racism.

How many sentences have you posted on the subject, as you say Bla Bla Bla. I said give it a rest to most of the posters as it is going on and on.

The TV channel concerned should edit, and warn Clarkson if he is thought to have made a racist remark.

"we will always have racism." - this is presumably based on your own ideas of racism but you choose to ignore history. In reality racism has not always existed and therefore there is no precedent to suggest that it should continue ad infinitum

The history that I am aware in my lifetime, is near the same if not worse now. I do not condone it, just aware of it. and without global change in attitudes it will be here in the future, I hope not but trying to be honest --that's all.

When then didn't it exist in the past ??? Please don't try to twist my remark as though I don't care. After brownie points are we, and trying to gain some support, no need. I know and have lived in racist areas- London. look at other posts if you want a racist poster.

No excuse for this Clarkson Moron, the BBC should sack him. How dare he come to Thailand and use so-called "school boy humor."

It is not a JOKE and the buffoon should be made Persona-non-grata all around Asia.

Clarkson and his cohort are the definition of smug and following this and the same in Mexico and India are starting to paint the British as racists when the UK is one of the most inclusive and tolerant countries in the World.

Never been a fan.

PROVE it was racist... you're ridiculous. Anyone familiar with Clarkson should be able to see the intent in the comment, he makes his career on these kinds of comments. But for the billionth time - this isnt about Clarkson. This is about the outrageous racism displayed on this thread by members of this forum in support of Clarkson's stupid quip. The n****r jokes, the chink comments, the allusions to rights-for-whites politics, calling the Thai government a bunch of slopes, barracking against multiculturalism. All of that has been embarrassing and appalling, and thats why this has run to 28 pages, its why I'm not dropping it, and you're on the wrong side of this if you're agreeing with the n****r joke tellers.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CLARKSON. THIS IS ABOUT ALL OF YOU.

Have you never said anything relating to racism ??? have you never used a racist remark, I believe we all have sometimes not knowing it.

Unless it is in your head/system (hate) that is a different story. People using race/hate remarks as near everyday speech should hold their tongues.

Some religions preach this hate, others are schooled to hate others, Most good parents will correct any bad mouthing at an early age. But most persons on the planet are racist in some form or other. Most slurs are spoken behind the backs of the ones they are meant for.

Surely you are not suggesting the comments on top gear were by ACCIDENT?????

It was a carefully orchestrated scene, including the pause before Hammond replies, clearing up any ambiguity some viewers might have read into it.

It was classic Clarkson, but there was no real racist intent; it was a play on words to raise a laugh (or groan); if some chose to take exception, the problem is in their own minds.

There are a few of these PC fanatics about – mostly on Thaivisa it seems.

the comment was carefully orchestrated and racist....but there was no racist intent? How do you come to that conclusion? Are you trying to say that racism is OK if it's "funny"?

I suppose you'd think it's acceptable to address a black american with the "n' word if you then explain there was no racist intent? "It was a joke!"

if we posted on here every time we heard the word farang the servers would melt down - pot / kettle / black (or white)

One of the most popular "defences" used by racisits is to point at alleged racism amongst the ethnic groups that they like to criticise. How they think one person's alleged racism justifies their own is beyond me.

You guys are like bargain basement Orwellian villains. You say things, deny saying them, then when presented with what you said in writing you go quiet or talk about something. You sling mud at the people who disagree with you ("I'm right and I know it so if you disagree you must be a troll") and suggest looking up the definition of your insults, then when the definition doesnt fit you mentally erase words from it and just pretend it fits!

Quote my entire post about the definition of a troll, no words erased, I dare you.

"No, I won't sink to your, give it a rest, you're pathetic, blah blah lie blah lie blah lie".

You will not sink??? you have sunk---you said your piece 10 times more than most, and I do take your point, but not to just accrue posts. If you read my posts You ill see that there is no need for most of this rubbish once you have aired your views. This topic is way over the top if you want it to be, or matterless if you want it to be, the world will not change, we will always have racism.

How many sentences have you posted on the subject, as you say Bla Bla Bla. I said give it a rest to most of the posters as it is going on and on.

The TV channel concerned should edit, and warn Clarkson if he is thought to have made a racist remark.

"we will always have racism." - this is presumably based on your own ideas of racism but you choose to ignore history. In reality racism has not always existed and therefore there is no precedent to suggest that it should continue ad infinitum

The history that I am aware in my lifetime, is near the same if not worse now. I do not condone it, just aware of it. and without global change in attitudes it will be here in the future, I hope not but trying to be honest --that's all.

When then didn't it exist in the past ??? Please don't try to twist my remark as though I don't care. After brownie points are we, and trying to gain some support, no need. I know and have lived in racist areas- London. look at other posts if you want a racist poster.

I'm sorry but you need to read up on the history, causes a uses of racism before you could possibly understand it......you obviously are unaware of the roots of racism and therefore I can't see how you can be in a position to comment on this thread.

Edited by wilcopops

I'm laughing already,

Got to love the J man, the show just wouldn't work without a bad boy to play against the other two straight presenters,

"black Muslim lesbians"

Where would we be without folks like Clarkson, that push back against the fascist word and thought police?

Before this thread I really had not much to say about Clarkson, I watch Top Gear for the cars and some of the shenanigans. I did not consider the show to be risque in any way. But by the reaction of some of these posters I see westerners are more afraid of non regulation opinions then ever before.

Where would we be without folks like Clarkson, that push back against the fascist word and thought police?

Before this thread I really had not much to say about Clarkson, I watch Top Gear for the cars and some of the shenanigans. I did not consider the show to be risque in any way. But by the reaction of some of these posters I see westerners are more afraid of non regulation opinions then ever before.

Some us honestly can't stand Clarkson. It's our way of fighting back. The forces of good battling the forces of three smug pr1cks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seriously, I think the world could use a few more smug pr1cks. Why is western society so embarrassed by itself?

Has it not created the best standard of living, freedom, and liberty in the history of man, are we so terrible? Isn't any cultural observation funny anymore?

I think non westerners must assume we have some mental health issues. They have no problem making a joke.

Seriously, I think the world could use a few more smug pr1cks. Why is western society so embarrassed by itself?

Has it not created the best standard of living, freedom, and liberty in the history of man, are we so terrible? Isn't any cultural observation funny anymore?

I think non westerners must assume we have some mental health issues. They have no problem making a joke.

Oh I agree and if it came from anyone other than Clarkson it'd be just fine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes indeed, lets all be grateful for this man having the courage to refer to a random Thai man as a slope, and in that process striking a deafening blow against fascism.

Drama major? Just curious. After this thread I don't really have much to say about Clarkson. Another self-indulgent shock jock type with a band of merry sycophants frothing and ready to kiss his boots.

Once more unto the breach Sir Jeremy, protector of free speech against those fascist critics. You really taught them a lesson this time.

;)

The word 'slope' is a cultural observation?

You really shouldn't be allowed to post any more until you've gone away, had a stern talking to from somebody who actually HAS a conscience, and read a book about the slave trade, a book about the British Empire, and a book about the civil rights movement. Personally I think you shouldn't be allowed to speak until you've done that, but that would be harder to regulate.

Edited by bpai lamkhamhaeng mai kaab

Yes indeed, lets all be grateful for this man having the courage to refer to a random Thai man as a slope, and in that process striking a deafening blow against fascism.

Drama major? Just curious. After this thread I don't really have much to say about Clarkson. Another self-indulgent shock jock type with a band of merry sycophants frothing and ready to kiss his boots.

Once more unto the breach Sir Jeremy, protector of free speech against those fascist critics. You really taught them a lesson this time.

wink.png

Well put.

I see pops and bpai are still at it and I'm still laughing. No one can be sure what JC was referring to. It could have even been James May on the 'sloping' bridge. Get over yourselves, find another dead horse to flog and let this thread rest in peace!

Usually what you will find if you ignore people like the two mentioned esteemed gentleman, they will eventually go away.

bit like the beggars on the street with their hands out for money, just keep ignoring them and they will get fed up and go and annoy someone else, somewhere else.

Here's a checklist......it's far from complete but try applying it to Clarkson....and some of the posts on this thread - sound familiar?

See if your are a racist. these are terms commonly used by racists…..

Do these sound familiar?

If you can tick any of these, you probably are too.

1. I’ve got nothing against them….but……..
  2. They come over here.
  3. Did you hear the one about?…….
  4. “coloureds”
  5. “racialist”
  6. PC gone mad
  7. Dysfunctional race
  8. Some of them are racist too!
  9. It’s in their culture
  10. Racism is “natural”
Edited by wilcopops

Here's a checklist......it's far from complete but try applying it to Clarkson....and some of the posts on this thread - sound familiar?

Do these sound familiar?

2. They come over here.
  4. “coloureds”
  5. “racialist”
  6. PC gone mad
  7. Dysfunctional race
  9. It’s in their culture
  10. Racism is “natural”

I can honestly tick at least half those, but to quote your "partner in crime" on this topic.... I dont give a toss...thumbsup.gif

Jeeza for PM

Lots of replies. Anybody actually Asian or are the professionally offended just having the usual tour de force ?

So you believe that those offended by racism have to be defined by RACE? - Isn't that a bit of a giveaway?

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a <deleted>. However I am mortally offended by those mocking offence.

Do these sound familiar?

2. They come over here.
  4. “coloureds”
  5. “racialist”
  6. PC gone mad
  7. Dysfunctional race
  9. It’s in their culture
  10. Racism is “natural”

I can honestly tick at least half those, but to quote your "partner in crime" on this topic.... I dont give a toss...thumbsup.gif

Jeeza for PM

6 & 10.

The word 'slope' is a cultural observation?

You really shouldn't be allowed to post any more until you've gone away, had a stern talking to from somebody who actually HAS a conscience, and read a book about the slave trade, a book about the British Empire, and a book about the civil rights movement. Personally I think you shouldn't be allowed to speak until you've done that, but that would be harder to regulate.

How surprised am I to hear a member of the word police would like to ban me from having an opinion? (rhetorical)

The word slope is a racist term which has essentially faded from use since the end of hostilities from the last Asian American war. Nobody uses this word, especially on the BBC. which is why what Jeremy did was funny. His joke was a poke at PC culture, not an attempt to hurt and oppress. The shock value of the joke was obvious - you just can't say that. But the humor of the joke was in the predictable and delicious response of the self righteous PC Chihuahuas yapping around in a circle and peeing puddles on their floor because someone had the balls to speak a forbidden word. That is the cultural observation in play here.

Shame Jeremy, shame on you naughty boy.