Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

CLOSE THIS THREAD

Nothing to do with Thailand news now.

Please don't do that. I really want to see how deep the PC crowd's enthusiasm runs. Another year or who knows, maybe even a decade? Is there a Guinness record for the longest thread alive?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much point carrying on now is there.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc

A BBC investigation led by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie is thought to have found that Clarkson engaged Oisin Tymon in a 30-second physical assault after a 20-minute verbal tirade.

Hall is a Top Gear fan and has previously stood by the presenter following a string of controversies, including an incident last year when he appeared to mumble the N-word in a Top Gear out-take.

The BBC also hugely values the audience that Clarkson and the BBC2 programme – regularly watched by more than 5 million viewers – brings to the BBC.

But a source close to the inquiry said: “There can’t be one rule for talent and one rule for ordinary human beings.”

whistling.gif quite tricky to find that he did assault the producer, unless he did and was witnessed doing so.

No doubt he'll be back as prickish as ever on another channel, thankfully not one subsidised by taxpayers.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc

A BBC investigation led by BBC Scotland boss Ken MacQuarrie is thought to have found that Clarkson engaged Oisin Tymon in a 30-second physical assault after a 20-minute verbal tirade.

Hall is a Top Gear fan and has previously stood by the presenter following a string of controversies, including an incident last year when he appeared to mumble the N-word in a Top Gear out-take.

The BBC also hugely values the audience that Clarkson and the BBC2 programme – regularly watched by more than 5 million viewers – brings to the BBC.

But a source close to the inquiry said: “There can’t be one rule for talent and one rule for ordinary human beings.”

whistling.gif quite tricky to find that he did assault the producer, unless he did and was witnessed doing so.

No doubt he'll be back as prickish as ever on another channel, thankfully not one subsidised by taxpayers.

clarkson will undoubtedly be looking to find another TV company prepared to take him. but he has a problem...his attempt ata chat show fell flat on its face as it transpires that the overall viewing public do not find him anywhere near as entertaining as the motoring public. .....and conversely the motoring public don't understand what he's talking about if it isn't about cars.

It has been suggested that he could be snapped up by Sky...My guess is that there's a problem there too - Sky don't rely on tax payers for their money..they rely on sponsors.....So, who is going to sponsor a racist bigot who calls their cars "crap"? - it'll be a daring advertising manger to sticks his neck out for that one.

Edited by cumgranosalum

clarkson will undoubtedly be looking to find another TV company prepared to take him. but he has a problem...his attempt ata chat show fell flat on its face as it transpires that the overall viewing public do not find him anywhere near as entertaining as the motoring public. .....and conversely the motoring public don't understand what he's talking about if it isn't about cars.

It has been suggested that he could be snapped up by Sky...My guess is that there's a problem there too - Sky don't rely on tax payers for their money..they rely on sponsors.....So, who is going to sponsor a racist bigot who calls their cars "crap"? - it'll be a daring advertising manger to sticks his neck out for that one.

Like Jeremy gives a monkeys! He's rich enough not to need to work again.

He could easily set up his own production company doing one off specials like when they went to Vietnam, and they would be snapped up by other channels.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

He could easily set up his own production company doing one off specials like when they went to Vietnam, and they would be snapped up by other channels.

Thanks for the insight into Mr Clarkson's finances - and his aspirations for the future - who would have guessed?

It seems quite incontrovertible to me that anyone who thinks that the expression "PC moron", when linked to other's opinions, is anything but vacuous, is also likely to think their own opinions - such as they are - to be considerably more meritorious than reality would suggest.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Thanks for the insight into Mr Clarkson's finances - and his aspirations for the future - who would have guessed?

It seems quite incontrovertible to me that anyone who thinks that the expression "PC moron", when linked to other's opinions, is anything but vacuous, is also likely to think their own opinions - such as they are - to be considerably more meritorious than reality would suggest.

coffee1.gif

Quote removed to allow posting.

For the last decade the BBC has been highly subsidized by Clarkson.

For the last decade the BBC has been highly subsidized by Clarkson.

Another astounding insight into the finances of the BBC!

• 3 months later...

With reference to my earlier post on this subject, tonight I have formatted and uploaded a movie to youtube which will validate what I was trying, without prejudice, to explain.

I have been sitting on this Docco for 25 years and finally got the chance to put it online. It's a wonderful thing, YouTube.

If you want to skip it all and go straight to the part about the word 'Slope' or 'Slopehead' - move the slider up to, around the 20 minute mark. All will be revealed.

I hope you find it interesting.

Edited by cpofc

• 4 weeks later...

Two words for you 'slope' and 'chink'. Am I being a racist bigot?

NB I am not referring to you personally.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Yes, and demonstrating a severe lack of intelligence. Hopefully you can work out how to buy a Prime subscription and organise a VPN despite this.

Enjoy the non public subsidised program.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

• 7 months later...

Apparently...and displaying a huge lack of knowledge of the issues involved to boot.

CLOSE THIS THREAD

Nothing to do with Thailand news now.

Please don't do that. I really want to see how deep the PC crowd's enthusiasm runs. Another year or who knows, maybe even a decade? Is there a Guinness record for the longest thread alive?
Going for the decade by the looks of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky he never came to Thailand to be called a Farang!

He drove to Myanmar (not Burma anymore, that's the old colonial name Jeremy Clarkson) in Thai registered trucks and the "slope" incident occurred in Thailand.

So maybe he was called a "farang" without noticing it, or knowing what it means.

This PC cultural marxism bs is getting so ridiculous I wish we could just pull the plug on it's absurdity once and for all.

So he called a slope a slope. All of a sudden, the word has been twisted into meaning something completely different oh, an Asian person's eyes! Oh deary me, lets start getting the tissues out and start crying. We're all SOOOOO offended. NOT.

How about we all start whining, as I'm about to, by all the smiles and comments westerners get by Asians about the size of our noses. If anything is RACIST, that is it. I'm also sick and tired of hearing about it. We were born this way, accept it and move on. Just like I don't give a rat's ass about an Asian "slope", whatever that means.

However, anyone who knows what PC is all about is that it's a deliberate plan to destroy western civilisation by demeaning and demoralizing white people, especially white males. Even though many non-white people are incredibly racist, apparently even the slightest obvious, non-racist remark is construed to mean something that causes offence when directed at non-white people, like in this non-news story.

Whoever took offence at Jeremy's use of this term should get a freaking life. Seriously.

However, anyone who knows what PC is all about is that it's a deliberate plan to destroy western civilisation by demeaning and demoralizing white people, especially white males.

Even acknowledged by Ted Cruz: https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-can-no-longer-surrender-enemy-political-correctness/

For years, the west has tried to deny this enemy exists out of a combination of political correctness and fear. We can no longer afford either.

PC needs to be stamped out quickly and forcefully.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently...and displaying a huge lack of knowledge of the issues involved to boot.

Can't believe this zombie thread is still going. Certainly Jeremy didn't suffer any ill from it.

As for the reply to me, rubbish. It's all in the context as to whether slope ( eg slant of a road or hill- oops is that racist? ) or chink ( eg a chink in the curtain- oh dear, that could be racist too ) is racist or not. As for the case in the OP, IMO not proven that it was intentional racism.