Udon Thani(airport) To Nong Khai

somtaran

I drove from Udon to Nong Khai once before but not exactly from the airport. It took roughly an hour to get there but I drive kind of fast. I am sure there is bus service going that way but I don't know anything about it. It might be better to post this in the Udon Thani subforum. There are people that live in Udon that frequent that forum and could help you more. Mods, perhaps move this there for him?

Could anyone tell me how far it is from Udon Thani(Airport) To Nong Khai(Border) and how would I get there.

If by bus, are they regular/how long.

If by taxi, how much/how long.

Cheers

Get a samlor from the airport to the Bus station in Udon and you can get a bus to Nong Khai. It is about 50km to Nong Khai, bus takes about an hour to an hour and a half (depends if it is an air-con or fan bus, fan bus will make alot of stops on the way) Another option, depending on the time of your arrival in Udon, is the train, check the Thailand Railways website for the schedule.

There are usually touts at the airport who will be offering "taxi" to Nong Khai, these are mini-bus and you have to haggle the price, if there are a few people wanting to go to Nong khai together it becomes reasonable.