Word of Wise/Warning for Pattaya Bike owners

whoisyourdaddy

Thank you for the warning.

These people should be shot.

WOW thats a little drastic isn't it death for attempting a near 700bt con .

Flesh would would send the message.

I'd be livid and insist this scammer be fired immediately.

Raise hell with management / owner & keep posting the incident on the internet.

• Like 1

Yes, please report this to the manager since it is important to know

if it was just a greedy employee or company / store policy

Hi. This Mityon has everything computerized, so she clearly had something to sell at 1'250 baht.

My bet is that she tried to sell more than the basic compulsory insurance, ie it with an option for better coverage.

It's a problem you find in many places nowadays in Pattaya. By example try to get a Card from a Bank: they will all try strong to sell you an "improved" Card with some kind of insurance for the double of normal Card price... Employee have a strong "incitation" from management to sell these bigger price/marge Card.

Anyway the attitude of this employee was wrong and should have been reported to her management.

The true cost of the Government insurance for bikes with a capacity of over 150cc is indeed 646 Baht and from what you described it seems a simple (but very stupid) scam this person is pulling. Well done for standing your ground.

For anyone paying for their Annual Road Tax at Big C and needing the Government insurance, we are open Saturday mornings to issue the policies on the spot.

It is not just the scams at Pattaya Tai it is the sheer laziness and incompetence that staggers me. When I wanted to buy my Sym 400 I could not get one member of staff to help me. This is a 200K plus bike and they could not get off their <deleted> to bother. I went to Mityon central and they could not do enough even though they did not have the bike. They said to go to Tai but when I told them why I would not spend money there they got the bike over in 30 minutes. Since then 4 friends have bought the same bike from the same sales girl. I hope she gets commission.

I'll say it again, I've found the folks at Pattaya Klang Mityon, if this is what you mean by the Central shop, to be most helpful and professional.

Somewhat related: I noticed Mityon has opened up yet another moto shop on Pattaya Tai at Buakhao, what, 300 metres from the one at Third Road. However, this new one is right across Buakhao from an independent moto retail shop. Predatory or what?