Bangkok Police arrest two armed PCAD 'guards'

webfact

There's 10 million weapons in Thailand (not including the police and military)...give or take several hundred thousand.....almost 1 weapon for every 6 people...men, women and children.........

There's an almost 20% chance that anyone searched, a weapon will be found.

And yet.....the police cannot find any of the shooters who have attacked protest sites.....except for PDRC guards.......doesn't say much for the cops in Thailand!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guns (some concealed in corn bags), grenades, bombs, firecrackers, knives, ping pong explosives, ..... shooting cops, paralysing innocent bystanders, abduction, drowning, murder,...Nice people these PRDC. And Suthep said on stage that 'he loved them'.

Guns, grenades, bombs, firecrackers, knives, ping pong explosives, molotov cocktails, M16's, AK47's . . . arson, shooting anyone, paralysing innocent bystanders, abduction, murder, killing innocent children . . . nice people these UDD are and their "off duty" Police assistants.

For some people who are well connected the laws are merely a suggestion. Maybe he is connected to one of those people. coffee1.gif

". . . for some people, the laws are merely a suggestion" . . . perfect summation of Thailand and so many of it's inhabitants. Thumbs up.

• Like 1

There's 10 million weapons in Thailand (not including the police and military)...give or take several hundred thousand.....almost 1 weapon for every 6 people...men, women and children.........

There's an almost 20% chance that anyone searched, a weapon will be found.

And yet.....the police cannot find any of the shooters who have attacked protest sites.....except for PDRC guards.......doesn't say much for the cops in Thailand!!

I am pretty sure your high school teachers, and especially the one who explained statistics to you, will cry because of this post.

There is almost not a detail in your post that makes sense:

A) 1 out of 6 is 16.67%, not 20% (which is 1 out of 5).

B ) 1 weapon for every 6 people: on average! There will be people with 2 or many more weapons, meaning the actual chance of a random selected person owning a weapon is much lower than 1 out of 6 (once you know how to acquire a weapon and are interested in weapons you will very likely own several).

C) the chance of searching a random person and finding a weapon will be much much lower than 1 out of 6 since not everybody carries their weapon around all the time. Why would they?

D) the more weapons are around and the more people own weapons, the harder (not easier!) it is to find the shooters who have attacked the protest site. If there were only 3 guns in Thailand it would take less than a day to check all 3 owners and find out who fired it recently, if there are 10 mln weapons it will take a lot longer.

The only thing you have correct is that your analysis says nothing about the cops in Thailand.

Edited by Bob12345
  • Like 2

It's amazing how they are able to regularly arrest armed PDRC members but not one single case of arresting those that have been attacking them almost daily.

Oh, yes, they caught a group of four armed with grenades some time ago, but they said they had nothing to do with the bombings, so never mind.

Maybe its because the PDRC guards think they are above the law and don't even need to bother hiding their weapons!, Whereas whoever is carrying out the attacks on the encampment is a little bit more savvy!

Could be Smutcakkes,

Or could it be those who it that those charged with enforcing the law do so selectively and know when to turn a blind eye.

Not one arrest and charged - even those caught red handed, for anyone attacking protesters.

A little odd don't you think?

Now waiting for the follow up on this.

Might be a long wait though. I wonder how the case of the brutally tortured red-shirt is proceeding, the case where he clearly identified a PDRC leader is the guilty party with the police having at least two similar cases and very, very clear evidence rolleyes.gif

What's the Army deployed for around Bangkok Steve?

A good lawyer would rip you to shreds if you used an illegal weapon to kill, maim or injure a 3rd party.

Do you remember the case of the Farmer in the UK, I think his name was Tony something, who was constantly getting robbed by these two Pikey kids.. and one night they broke in, and one of them never left.. He was exercising his right to self defence, how did that one work out for him at the time???

There's no point in using definitions according the the US Law, last time I looked, Thailand wasn't in Kansas anymore toto wink.png

The UK farmer's case resulted in him being imprisoned. UK law allows lethal force to be used for self defense but you have to show that you had reason to be in fear of your or your family's or guest's' lives. In this case the two thieves were running away when he fired at them. So the defense didn't stand up. Had they been ransacking his property at the time, making no effort to flee when confronted or attacking him or others present then the verdict would have been different,

• Like 1

Might be a long wait though. I wonder how the case of the brutally tortured red-shirt is proceeding, the case where he clearly identified a PDRC leader is the guilty party with the police having at least two similar cases and very, very clear evidence rolleyes.gif

Well with your exacting standards of insisting on cctv evidence for anything or it just didn't happen, it could be some time. By the way the picture of the suspect is fake - it's a hologram.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-043.gif

Of course if you were really interested in the case instead of your usual attempt to post off topic snide attacks on the government or the UDD, you could have used the internet and found on this very forum an article where issara somchai said he would give himself up to the police when the pdrc rally was over. There is an arrest warrant awaiting him.

Edited by fab4

A good lawyer would rip you to shreds if you used an illegal weapon to kill, maim or injure a 3rd party.

Do you remember the case of the Farmer in the UK, I think his name was Tony something, who was constantly getting robbed by these two Pikey kids.. and one night they broke in, and one of them never left.. He was exercising his right to self defence, how did that one work out for him at the time???

There's no point in using definitions according the the US Law, last time I looked, Thailand wasn't in Kansas anymore toto wink.png

The UK farmer's case resulted in him being imprisoned. UK law allows lethal force to be used for self defense but you have to show that you had reason to be in fear of your or your family's or guest's' lives. In this case the two thieves were running away when he fired at them. So the defense didn't stand up. Had they been ransacking his property at the time, making no effort to flee when confronted or attacking him or others present then the verdict would have been different,

There's a little bit more to it than that, but yes, he was imprisoned, for murder, later reduced to manslaughter through diminished responsibility, due to his lawyers putting forwards a case that his mental health at the time of the shooting.

He didn't have the license for the shotgun used, which was illegal, and he didn't have the firearms certificate for that particular type of shotgun either, his shotgun licence was revoked some years previous.

I felt sorry for the guy to be honest, but he broke the law, and he paid the price, a have many other people who felt they were "doing the right thing"

The road to hell is paved with good intentions ;)

• Like 1

Well with your exacting standards of insisting on cctv evidence for anything or it just didn't happen, it could be some time. By the way the picture of the suspect is fake - it's a hologram.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-043.gif

Of course if you were really interested in the case instead of your usual attempt to post off topic snide attacks on the government or the UDD, you could have used the internet and found on this very forum an article where issara somchai said he would give himself up to the police when the pdrc rally was over. There is an arrest warrant awaiting him.

With your misinterpretation of what you think people write, you may want to apply for an advisor's function with the RTP.

Anyway, two 'armed' guards arrested. One in a taxi stopped at Phetburi checkpoint, must have looked like a thug hired personally by Suthep. No details why the other was stopped in Wang Thong Lang district.

Of course with police so busy elsewhere it's seems clear why around Lumpini there's near nightly fun ermm.gif

ADD: with a last paragraph added by Fabs, let me just comment that most PDRC leaders have outstanding arrest warrents as clearly from day one the Yingluck government felt threatened by all those anti-government protesters who didn't agree with a blanket amneesty bill which even covered Ms. 'rice scam' Yingluck's government first two years

ADD2:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/712038-pdrc-moves-to-withdraw-arrest-warrants-for-19-core-leaders/

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

The army has been deployed to do the police's job as they have been instructed not to interfere with Thaksin's plans or anything that is construed as being negative towards the PTP/reds/UDD dirty deeds, but attacking/arresting the yellow side is OK and letting them be attacked is acceptable to.

Yes, I can remember the incident you refer to - it was Tony Martin and from memory he shot one of the 2 youngsters in the leg in his back garden and he allowed him to bleed to death. He (Tony martin) ended up in prison as it was deemed that he done this in self defence but had used too much force and should have helped the stricken thief. I think he was let out after a while and a new law was brought in whereby you would only be punished if it was proved beyond doubt that you had exceeded the use of force deemed acceptable, in order to protect your property.

What I was pointing out was the American's insistence that everyone has the right to protect themselves from others through owning a gun (I'm sure that somewhere I read that it was to protect themselves from the government)!!!

I could actually say to you that there is no point in using the Tony Martin argument as Thailand isn't in London (or where ever it took place)!!

• Like 1

Around 20 protestors have been killed and nobody is caught even tough there are images available of the killers...

Only thing the police does is arrest PRDC memebrs who carry a gun and make a big media circus out of it although there is no proof they have even used them. Double standards? Of course not, Chalerm and Tharit would say.

does it really matter from which side here. The facts are murky to say the least. It does mean that some more weapons and potential violence from either side may have been curtailed. Well done to his Majesty's RTP.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good post Steve,totally agree with what you're saying, but are you also saying that General Prayuth is one of Thaksins Lackeys then?

I don't know why and from where you get this assumption from as Thaksin is certainly not on General Prayuth's Christmas card list!!

It is well known the army's dislike of anything with a Thaksin label on it and he is clearly on the peoples side when it boils down to who to protect in these conflicts. It is to do with the armies loyalty to the king and distrust of the Shinawatra's.

Explain a bit further the meaning of your post (and reasons for thinking this) and I will try to answer it, if I haven't already that is.

Somebody copied this quote from Wikipedia: The right of self-defense is the right for civilians acting on their own behalf to engage in a level of violence, called reasonable force or defensive force, for the sake of defending one's own life or the lives of others, including, in certain circumstances, the use of deadly force.

And then followed up with this:

And yes, with legal or illegal weapons.

To the poster I have this to say: Copying the quote from Wikipedia might make you feel intelligent but you quite obviously aren't. Since when are home made explosives used for self defence is one question I pose for you but more importantly they were illegally carrying firearms (and home made explosives) - that is the crime. Can you vouch that they weren't going to carry out a robbery or maybe ambush and murder somebody? You can't know what was in their minds but the fact is laws are in place to help prevent robberies with firearms and murder. If they needed firearms (still don't know why they would need home made explosives) for guard duties they could apply for licenses. Red shirt or yellow shirt, you or me, anybody carrying illegal firearms or carrying firearms illegally should be arrested.

• Like 1

The army has been deployed to do the police's job as they have been instructed not to interfere with Thaksin's plans or anything that is construed as being negative towards the PTP/reds/UDD dirty deeds, but attacking/arresting the yellow side is OK and letting them be attacked is acceptable to.

Yes, I can remember the incident you refer to - it was Tony Martin and from memory he shot one of the 2 youngsters in the leg in his back garden and he allowed him to bleed to death. He (Tony martin) ended up in prison as it was deemed that he done this in self defence but had used too much force and should have helped the stricken thief. I think he was let out after a while and a new law was brought in whereby you would only be punished if it was proved beyond doubt that you had exceeded the use of force deemed acceptable, in order to protect your property.

What I was pointing out was the American's insistence that everyone has the right to protect themselves from others through owning a gun (I'm sure that somewhere I read that it was to protect themselves from the government)!!!

I could actually say to you that there is no point in using the Tony Martin argument as Thailand isn't in London (or where ever it took place)!!

Apologies mate, I misread your opening sentence, to me it read that the Army had been instructed not to interfere with Thaksins plans, now I can see you were meaning the BiB wai2.gif

I thought it was odd, as I know the Army are not particularly fond of Thaksin or the UDD ..

& now the Popcorn terrorist is in police custody in Bangkok! Well done to the RTP.

Agree, well done, now set about working on arresting the thugs that have killed 20+ of the protesters!!! You have shown you can do it, keep it up.

• Like 1

& now the Popcorn terrorist is in police custody in Bangkok! Well done to the RTP.

Agree, well done, now set about working on arresting the thugs that have killed 20+ of the protesters!!! You have shown you can do it, keep it up.

Yes well done to the RTP for yet another anti-PTP arrest. What a pity they can't seem to find that very vocal (terrorist?) Ko Tee who started the shooting at Laksi - as well as numerous other acts of violence going back into last year, at least.

I rather suspect that the army will have to do the RTP's job again and take care of Mr Tee (friend of the other Mr T) wink.png

BTW I'm very reluctant to use the terrorist word as, too often, it has become a label to tag onto those who are sometimes using violence as a defensive measure (which the popcorn shooter was doing). 'gunman' might be a better description.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 1

Yes well done to the RTP for yet another anti-PTP arrest. What a pity they can't seem to find that very vocal (terrorist?) Ko Tee who started the shooting at Laksi - as well as numerous other acts of violence going back into last year, at least.

I rather suspect that the army will have to do the RTP's job again and take care of Mr Tee (friend of the other Mr T) wink.png

BTW I'm very reluctant to use the terrorist word as, too often, it has become a label to tag onto those who are sometimes using violence as a defensive measure (which the popcorn shooter was doing). 'gunman' might be a better description.

He didn't start the shooting. The first casualty was a pro election guy who was shot in the chest. I see you are another eedjit who is justifying the popcorn "gunman" as a "gunman" who was just loosing rounds off in a "defensive" way. This forums posters never cease to amaze me with some of the offensive pap they come out with.

• Like 2

It's amazing how they are able to regularly arrest armed PDRC members but not one single case of arresting those that have been attacking them almost daily.

Oh, yes, they caught a group of four armed with grenades some time ago, but they said they had nothing to do with the bombings, so never mind.

Maybe its because the PDRC guards think they are above the law and don't even need to bother hiding their weapons!, Whereas whoever is carrying out the attacks on the encampment is a little bit more savvy!

Have you ever heard of self defence?

Do you really think, that they will allow themselves and fellow protesters to be killed, without trying to protect themselves?

Nobody is above the law, but everybody has the right to protect his life, as the police or the law are not interested to protect them.

Costas2008

"The right of self-defense is the right for civilians acting on their own behalf to engage in a level of violence, called reasonable force or defensive force, for the sake of defending one's own life or the lives of others, including, in certain circumstances, the use of deadly force.

And yes, with legal or illegal weapons."

.......and NO....you have no idea what you are talking about!

I don't know which country you are from - and what countries laws you are quoting here - but in Thailand no such thing you are posting here exists!

Even if you own a gun legally in Thailand - as a civilian and even as a member of the armed forces not on duty you are NEVER allowed to carry a gun loaded in public! Even if you have a license - taking a gun to a public gathering, including a political rally or protest, subjects you to imprisonment of up to a year and a fine.

And you are never allowed to "defend yourself" in public with a firearm because you would be carrying it illegally!

Even if you have a license to carry a gun - Thailand has special laws that you can not carry this gun to a public gathering - political or not - you will be jailed if caught.

If you carry an unlicensed gun you will be subject to imprisonment for a period of between one and ten years, and/or fines between 2,000 to 20,000 Baht.

If you use firearms and/or ammunition of types other than those specified as permissible in the Gun License Act - meaning the gun ONLY THE LICENSE HOLDER can keep at home for self defense - this will be considered a criminal offense. You may be subject to life imprisonment or death.

So next time you make up your own laws in a post and give wrong advise to others - please check out the laws that apply in the country you live in!

Well done, about time somebody shut him up!!!!! coffee1.gif again. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif