I got 3 years overstay so far, what do you recommend I do, and what will the consequences be ? I am aware that I should get to Suvarnabhumi and "check out" with a one way ticket in my hand but:

Do I need to go to my home country or will another Asian country like for example Singapore do ?

What are the chances of being deported/banned if I leave voluntarily ?

If I get an overstay stamp in my pass, can I return to Thailand ?

Should I "count wrong" and put an extra 2000,-  Baht on top the fine of 20.000, and ask the officer NOT to stamp my passport with the overstay visa ?

Should I bring a lawyer to the airport ?

Thanks in advance !

• Like 1

I put an extra 1000 baht note in my fee when paying the overstay, although everyone on ThaiVisa gave me hell for it.

However, I didn't point out the fact there's 21,000 baht there, because as others have said, that would constitute bribing an immigration official.  I just kept my mouth shut, so this way he got an extra 1000, and if he called me on it, I would just say "sorry, I must have counted incorrectly".

Sorry, did you already do this Nautilus ? And I assume it worked out fine ?

I put an extra 1000 baht note in my fee when paying the overstay, although everyone on ThaiVisa gave me hell for it.

However, I didn't point out the fact there's 21,000 baht there, because as others have said, that would constitute bribing an immigration official.  I just kept my mouth shut, so this way he got an extra 1000, and if he called me on it, I would just say "sorry, I must have counted incorrectly".

Sorry, did you already do this Nautilus ? And I assume it worked out fine ?

Yeah, did it quite a while ago.  Had a 3+ year overstay myself, and did it at the Nong Khai border.  Worked fine, no issues, and I was out of the overstay office within 5 minutes.  I still got an overstay stamp and everything though, but there were no problems paying the overstay, and I was back in Thailand the next day with a VISA from Vientiene.

Edited by Nautilus05
  • Like 1

Two years ago a friend of mine had a 5 year overstay he purchased a ticket to the UK paid his 20,000 baht fine and left 6 months later he came back in on a tourist via but sadly passed away a few months after his return

Yup your in big trouble In the last 3 days they have been arresting everyone with overstays of more that 1 year. What they are doing is throwing those people in jail setting up a time to go to court and you are going to need a lawyer to get you out of that jam If you go to a real prison here there is a guy names Bubba (yes he was in a US prison but came to Thailand and overstayed as well) waiting for your sweet tender body and wants to to unspeakable things with you .
cheesy.gif

Just kidding. IF you to to the airport and a air ticket to leave and pay you will not have a problem. I had an overstay of  6 months paid left and have been back without incident. THey only care about the fine

• Like 1

Two years ago a friend of mine had a 5 year overstay he purchased a ticket to the UK paid his 20,000 baht fine and left 6 months later he came back in on a tourist via but sadly passed away a few months after his return

Thanks for the story, and sorry about your friend

Yup your in big trouble In the last 3 days they have been arresting everyone with overstays of more that 1 year. What they are doing is throwing those people in jail setting up a time to go to court and you are going to need a lawyer to get you out of that jam If you go to a real prison here there is a guy names Bubba (yes he was in a US prison but came to Thailand and overstayed as well) waiting for your sweet tender body and wants to to unspeakable things with you .
cheesy.gif

Just kidding. IF you to to the airport and a air ticket to leave and pay you will not have a problem. I had an overstay of  6 months paid left and have been back without incident. THey only care about the fine

Ha ha ha---- Phew-....  Thank you

Just have the 20K baht ready when you leave the country to anywhere. There is no risk of repercussions when leaving the country voluntarily or afterwords.

Don't even think about try to bribe your way out of overstay stamp.

The greatest risk is getting caught before you leave. 

Why worry now? Stay another 3 years and just proceed with life LOL

• Like 1

Just have the 20K baht ready when you leave the country to anywhere. There is no risk of repercussions when leaving the country voluntarily or afterwords.

Don't even think about try to bribe your way out of overstay stamp.

The greatest risk is getting caught before you leave. 

Why worry now? Stay another 3 years and just proceed with life LOL

Yeah right ? Waste of money leaving IF I am gonna do the same thing when I get back in. BUT had a close call with the men in brown a while ago, being caught on my motorbike in an alcohol control, and was very very lucky to get out of it without spending the night in jail/court.....made me think

Why did you overstay for so long?

Why not?

Simple,If you get caught you end up in the monkey house

i've met people who have overstayed years....they have never had a problem....and don't care about an overstay. I was told by a police officer that an overstay is like a parking ticket or speeding ticket. People overstay in countries all over the world ...big deal! it doesn't affect anyone except immi officials. Most overstayers don't end up in the monkeyhouse. That's just trying to scare people. 

• Like 2

Why not?

there are other things men do out of boredom, or lack of concern, as well.

3 years with not visa fees and no border fees....and no transportation fees.

Only the guys who get caught go to jail...he did not....  you won the lotto.

but laughingly,  just broke even.

What can you do? A forum search would be a good start so that overstay implications aren't discussed again!
How does somebody overstay at all, let alone 3 years, without taking some positive action?
I'm more interested in that
OP you didn't answer the question asked twice. Why did you overstay that long? Being uncomfortable on buses is not an answer. That could mean no more than your jox were too tight.
Why did you overstay so long? Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

What can you do? A forum search would be a good start so that overstay implications aren't discussed again!
How does somebody overstay at all, let alone 3 years, without taking some positive action?
I'm more interested in that
OP you didn't answer the question asked twice. Why did you overstay that long? Being uncomfortable on buses is not an answer. That could mean no more than your jox were too tight.
Why did you overstay so long?

Very rude question none of your business why he is on overstay
  • Like 1

Why not?

Simple,If you get caught you end up in the monkey house

i've met people who have overstayed years....they have never had a problem....and don't care about an overstay. I was told by a police officer that an overstay is like a parking ticket or speeding ticket. People overstay in countries all over the world ...big deal! it doesn't affect anyone except immi officials. Most overstayers don't end up in the monkeyhouse. That's just trying to scare people. 

What idiot told you that

Attempting to bribe an immigration officer will most likely end with an arrest. 

Keep your head down , stay out of trouble and hope the police do not check the passport before arriving at the airport.

The fine will be 20,000 Bht be polite and pay up.

Asking not to stamp is not a bribe.  Miscounting is not a bribe.  A bribe is an open offer of money or services in exchange for something.

There can only be one word for those that overstay and that is 'irresponsible' and therefore if caught without a valid visa in Thailand deserve the consequences.

Sanook.

Nonsense, I'm sure some have a better reason then others. But I never like this black and white thinking in general. Now you speak to every person who was late only 1 time 1 day and that includes me. Some people have something going on in there life sometimes you know?
  • Like 1