Is Singha Beer being boycotted?

Issangeorge

my mate and i worked out once in our lifetime we had drunk nealy a petrol tanker of beer between us that was brewed proper brewed beer that has been brewed for 100yrs now have to brew with chemicals to push out products everyday to poison thais to make profits for who make you own mind up which beer in thai brewed properly cheers

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you ever had these beers analyzed in a lab for their real ingredients? If you did you may not buy any beers manufactured here in Siam as certain elements show up which you may not desire to ingest like perhaps formaldehyde? You have choices when you drink beer and when you drink a beer, you vote for it!

Did you know about Beer Lao and that Beer Lao is based on locally grown jasmine rice in Laos and that the hops and yeast used are imported from Germany. The dark beer is one of the best beers I've ever had and more and more stores and bars are carrying it now due to pressure from me and my beer posse. This beer costs a little more but quality usually does! I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and have been drinking beer for 60 years now (we all started early in the so called "beer capital of the world). I love beer and have worked for breweries and have drunk as many types of beer as anyone I know and am comforted to know I do not have to smuggle Beer Lao over the border from Lao to Thailand anymore.

Invest in yourself and your health and try a Beer Lao dark (preferably) or light, or better yet, one of each poured into a glass together and see what you think and if you like, tell your favorite bar you have upgraded your taste and will only drink Beer Lao. Meanwhile, see how many good bars and restaurants carry it already.

I have no affiliation with Beer Lao other than being a good customer!

American's make beer? ;)

They do indeed. According to the US Brewers Association, there are 2,538 breweries in the US. The average supermarket stocks porters, stouts, pils, hefeweizens, ales, India Pale Ales, white ales, ciders and of course the light lagers the US is famous for.

Of course, Singha tastes best but I don't want to pay 30 % more just for a bit nicer taste.

So you are an alcoholic. Getting your fix outweighs everything else, even taste.

There is some nice hoegaarden beer, its only 500% more expensive. Nice for a bottle but if you want to get pissed it can be an expensive night. I must say it tastes a lot better.

Back to the topic..... I'm not a beer drinker, but many people I know who do drink beer and used to drink Singha (a lot) don't drink it anymore since that bimbo got up on Suthep's stage and made a complete fool of herself (and her family) on her views of democracy. I understand some members of the family changed their name and are keeping a very low profile now. Certainly in the North where Leo was a very popular brand, nobody drinks it now and most bars don't bother to stock with either Leo or Singha anymore.

I would love to know the comparative sales figures are from pre-Suthep to post-Suthep - does anyone on here know?

dont stock leo or singha?!!!!

oh wait, i'd be completely unaffected.

Of course, Singha tastes best but I don't want to pay 30 % more just for a bit nicer taste.

So you are an alcoholic. Getting your fix outweighs everything else, even taste.

There is some nice hoegaarden beer, its only 500% more expensive. Nice for a bottle but if you want to get pissed it can be an expensive night. I must say it tastes a lot better.

but that is the point, peruivian flake is better than the little bag of charlie you get from the nice man on sukhumvit, it doesn't stop the folks who just want to get messed up on coke though does it?

I boycotted Singha beer a long time ago, mainly cause it tastes like dog piss...

drunk a lot of dogs piss in your life ? whistling.gif

OWNED. You need to know how dog's piss tastes like to make the comparison.

OWNED? are we 12?

at least you didn't say PWNED, but id take that as small consolation.

• Like 1

Have you ever had these beers analyzed in a lab for their real ingredients? If you did you may not buy any beers manufactured here in Siam as certain elements show up which you may not desire to ingest like perhaps formaldehyde? You have choices when you drink beer and when you drink a beer, you vote for it!

Did you know about Beer Lao and that Beer Lao is based on locally grown jasmine rice in Laos and that the hops and yeast used are imported from Germany. The dark beer is one of the best beers I've ever had and more and more stores and bars are carrying it now due to pressure from me and my beer posse. This beer costs a little more but quality usually does! I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and have been drinking beer for 60 years now (we all started early in the so called "beer capital of the world). I love beer and have worked for breweries and have drunk as many types of beer as anyone I know and am comforted to know I do not have to smuggle Beer Lao over the border from Lao to Thailand anymore.

Invest in yourself and your health and try a Beer Lao dark (preferably) or light, or better yet, one of each poured into a glass together and see what you think and if you like, tell your favorite bar you have upgraded your taste and will only drink Beer Lao. Meanwhile, see how many good bars and restaurants carry it already.

The Beer CapitalofmyridiculouslylimitedWorld

Agree whole-heartedly places like Brussels and Munich don't hold a candle to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, no siree.

beer was invented in america dontcha know.

and the formaldehyde thing, well thank you for that. I will stop drinking thai beer in protest, just like i stopped drinking coca cola for its cocaine content.

Edited by HooHaa

Agree whole-heartedly places like Brussels and Munich don't hold a candle to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, no siree.

and the formaldehyde thing, well thank you for that. I will stop drinking thai beer in protest, just like i stopped drinking coca cola for its cocaine content.

Beer invented in America?...yeah right.

You own a computer, use it.

• Like 1

I tried Beer Lao years ago, brought a case back on a visa run. It was okay as most beer is, but not as good as all the praise it seems to get.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Issangeorge

The "So called Beer capital of the world"....only Americans would call it that. The same as you call the winners of Superbowl..."World Champions" or a "World Series" in baseball.....What a load of rubbish. One day Americans will wake up and realise that the USA is not the World.

I will agree that Beer Lao is a good drop

Average per capita beer consumption Montana 155 liters. Australia , 96 liters. UK 74 liters.

http://www.frommers.com/slideshows/818483-the-world-s-best-cities-for-beer#slide836979

Beer invented in America?...yeah right.

You own a computer, use it.

If the gentleman said beer was invented in America I'll be the second one to call him a liar but he didn't. You owe him an apology.

I boycotted Singha beer a long time ago, mainly cause it tastes like dog piss...

I think all Thai beer tastes like piss really. What do you drink?

edit: I do drink it though.

Edited by Blindside

Lager/Beer around the globe is similar.

If you want a real beer go to Great Britain......

0000388_victory-ale-60.jpeg

If you want real beer go to Germany. Are you talking top fermenting beer or bottom fermenting beer?

German Beer Purity Law

The law originated on 30 November 1487, when Albert IV, Duke of Bavaria promulgated it, specifying three ingredients – water, malt and hops – for the brewing of beer.[1] Later, in the city of Ingolstadt in the duchy of Bavaria on 23 April 1516, two other dukes endorsed the law as one to be followed in their duchies,[2] adding standards for the sale the beer.

The earliest documented mention of beer by a German nobleman is the granting of a brewing license by Emperor Otto II to the church at Liege (now Belgium), awarded in 974

Edited by thailiketoo

I don't drink myself unless with company or going out, but we have asahi and San Miguel lite in the fridge when we have visitors.

In the village everyone drinks Leo including myself. Very few drink Chang now. There is no Singha.

Leo was brought out to compete with Chang. I think it has won. With the Thai drinkers anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try Cheers, I use to drink Archa when it was dirt cheap, but when they raised the price it wasn't worth bit anymore.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Archa beer is not what it used to be. They dropped the alcohol content from 5.4% up to 4.7%. And also Chang beers pour less beer in the bottles. Instead of 640ml in the past, now it is 630ml. Chang classic also dropped its alcohol content, from 6.4% up to 6%. Red horse did the same thing. Beer companies did a lot of changes during the last year and of course without informing their consumers.

I'm pretty sure the alcohol content of Chang is arbitrary anyway. It doesn't even have a consistent taste, unlike most bottled lagers, including Singha, which always tastes of dog's piss.

Edited by madmitch