What shops selling nice healthy pre-cooked dinners

flakes

Hi,

Am looking for smaller shops traitors and or deli in Pattaya/Jomtien area that are selling like pre-cooked food dinners ,it can be Euro and or asian food.

I do know about the big c,tesco,tops supermarkets already.

flakes

CP does a range of frozen meals that are OK. They are available in many place including some 7-11's. They used to have a shop in Nakleua near the post office.

Foodland has a special on these right now, buy 2 get one free, as well as other frozen dinner specials.

7Eleven and FamilyMarts have a freezer full of frozen meals. If you're into frozen meals, they're good enough. Maybe not the healthiest way to eat, but they taste ok... with an added bonus of being cheap too and you can save on electricity because they'll heat them up for free.

Edited by tropo

Hi,

Well honestly i never tried any of these frozen meals.

I am looking more for small shops like a deli and or food traitor store that makes daily fresh cooked food/meals and soups/salats that only need to be reheated.

Can be asian food and or Euro food.

Pattaya and Jomtien area

Why make this hard on yourself. Why not just go to any market where they cook fresh food, bag a couple of meals and refrigerate them. Works for me. However, what you might be thinking of are the meals in plastic containers at Villa or Foodland. The Avenue Mall Villa one has some, but it does not match the wide variety of meals at Sukhumvit 33/1 Villa, BKK.

Friendship sometimes has a selection of prepared entrees/sandwiches. I have had some pasta salads that were fairly good. I prefer doing my own cooking or buying things prepared in the market or from street vendors, so I haven't noticed lately what's on offer, but it might be worth checking out. When you walk in the store they are in the cooler farthest to the right, up against the escalator, along with sweet things like chocolate mousse, apple crumble ...

Topps in the basement of Tukcom has some sushi selections made up and on display when you first walk in. I was a bit leery at first, but I've picked up a container a couple of times and it was OK. Again not really something that appeals to me on a regular basis or when I feel the urge to have some sashimi, but still better than most frozen stuff in 7-Eleven or CP products ... I'm fairly certain.

Even the Big Cs usually have some prepared and bagged Thai food for sale that can be heated at home. I had the stuffed bitter melon once from Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang. Again not bad, although I can make it better myself.

By the way, not sure what you mean by "traitors." Traders? Trattoria?

Edited by Suradit69

Really amazing! Food everywhere, and someone ask where to get food. Any stall or restaurant will make food to go, order several, put them in your freezer, then reheat! I could understand if you were after a certain kind of food, but it doesnt seem like your very particular about it.

• Like 2

Really amazing! Food everywhere, and someone ask where to get food. Any stall or restaurant will make food to go, order several, put them in your freezer, then reheat! I could understand if you were after a certain kind of food, but it doesnt seem like your very particular about it.

Yes you're right. 24 hours a day just walk out on the street and there'll be many choices. I find it hard to believe anyone would feel the need to buy something frozen and nuked at a 7-Eleven or Family Mart. Unless you're set on some certain farang food, there's always something on offer a minute or two away.

If you're into frozen meals, they're good enough. Maybe not the healthiest way to eat, but they taste ok... with an added bonus of being cheap too and you can save on electricity because they'll heat them up for free.

Give me strength.

Hey it's TiTV. Don't look for compelling logic.

Edited by Suradit69

There's a good French restaurant in Khao Noi, a few doors down from the infamous Mango bar. They prepare quite a few dishes (eg, beef bourguignone, coq au vin), sealed in air-tight bags. Cost is not too bad, between 120 and 190, and I find one bag is enough for two meals if I add my own rice or veg. Name escapes me at the moment, but it's easy to spot as it's straight across the road from the market.