Opening shop in Night Bazaar/Anusarn market.

bamboozled

I'm toying with the idea of opening a stand in the night bazaar or Anusarn market. Does anyone have any input on that or current info? I'm not sure who to contact or any idea of price. I can go and talk to some folks that have stands already but thought I would find out what the buzz is on Thaivisa. I would be selling leather goods (or rather my Thai significant other would). My target is a bit higher than what most folks are selling but I would hope my product is as well. I'm thinking I might get some wholesale orders. Not sure retail would be much but I could make some less inexpensive items to add to my collection.

Any input folks?

Thanks and cheers....

The local council or government will be involved in giving out licences, I suggest you start there and hope the waiting list is not too long for you.

I can't see there being any waiting list for the Night Bazaar, the place is dying and Anusarn already has a number of leather product outlets. But all the best to any new 'trier'.

The local council or government will be involved in giving out licences, I suggest you start there and hope the waiting list is not too long for you.

As an individual farang, not registering the business as imposed under the terms and conditions of the foreign ownership of Thai business and company laws, he would not be granted a licence, plus he would be intruding on the Thais turf, certainly not recommended.

The OP is talking about using a Thai to front his business in order to bypass the law, so it would not be legal anyway and he would have to keep a low profile while operating this illegal business.

My advice is, keep within the boundaries of the Thai laws at all times, and if not possible to run this business according to the requirements under the law, than don`t get involved. Otherwise it`s down to his own risk and discretion.

I have a registered Thai business. Having my girlfriend maintain the proposed stall would be to stay within the law as I cannot legally work at said stall/shop. I have thought the night bazaar was dying for years as well and certainly Kalare has had many empty stalls (not sure now) but if you drive/walk by on a non-walking street evening there are loads of people. I imagine it would tone down quite a bit in the low season (like now!) but still, if the rent is quite cheap and one can get a some wholesale orders it could be worthwhile. I'm under the impression Anusarn and Kalare are privately owned by mister beer Chang so the government would not be involved (if indeed this is the case). Walking street is run by the government and one must be a CM resident to participate.The place is such a madhouse these days and that thinking about navigating the crowds 1 or 2 nights every week makes me cringe. Of course, crowds are what you want but it seems so crowded you can't even look or buy anything.

There are many folks selling leather goods this is true. Mine are of my own production and so different from what's available, for the time being.

Thanks for all the input.