Farmers dump tons of paddy at Government Lottery Office

Lite Beer

Farmers dump tons of paddy at Government Lottery Office

farmers-lottery-office-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Bangkok; -- Farmers led by Luang Poo Buddhaissara rallied in front of the Government Lottery Office and dumped several tons of paddy at its office after its management failed to come out to negotiate the purchase of the paddy they brought with them.

The farmers were led to the lottery office by the renowned abbot, Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

The abbot and farmers demanded the office to buy paddy from farmers at 15,000 baht/ton on trucks but said that if they were dumped on the ground, the price would be lowered to 12,000 baht.

But until late today, nobody came out. The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground.

Earlier before the dumping, the abbot asked the lottery bureau to draw lottery on the first prize in the next draw end of this month to have the last three digit numbers same as the number of the paddy truck they drove in to the office Friday.

The abbot claimed the lottery office could manipulate the numbers it draws, citing the last three-digit numbers of the first prize on March 16 appeared to have same numbers as the van which caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra stepped out and tumbled to the ground.

This showed that lottery numbers could be manipulated, and therefore farmers wanted the next draw to have same numbers of the paddy truck.

Luang Poo Buddhaissara said farmers would leave the paddy there and would return again end of this month to see if the next lottery draw of the first prize will have same numbers as the paddy van.

If not, the abbot then threatened to seize the lottery office and make it another stronghold for farmers to hold out to demand payment of their rice.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/farmers-dump-tons-paddy-government-lottery-office/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=farmers-dump-tons-paddy-government-lottery-office

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 3014-03-21

Of course what they did was peaceful protest, nothing illegal about dumping a few tons of rice at the entrance to a government office. God bless the Thai court system for they fairness

That's fine, i'm happy to pay the 2,000THB littering fine out of my own pocket...

• Like 2

The farmers , as usual are taking the easy way out , looking to be seen doing something and doing nothing, the dumping should have been at the C.T. P.M. front door , or over the P.M's. car or one of the ministers, what the hell the lotto office would have to do with anything connected with the rice scheme scam , except some numbers that cropped up is another amazing Thailand episode, indirect, oblong , horizontal, up-side down thinking , the Thai way, bizarre.bah.gif

• Like 1

The lotto office, may be seen as the only possible source of cash that the farmers can go after in their quest for payment of pledged rice.

I have heard no complaints about revenue for the lotto's being affected by all the shennigans that have bought the 'sins', 'incompentence', corruption, theft, etc of what some call Thai government to its present point.

• Like 2

I feel there is something dodgy with the lottery. The draws being held behind closed doors in recent times is fishy to start with, and all these draws reflecting Yingluk's vehicles goes beyond chance.

I honestly wouldn't put it past the government to manipulate the lottery in an attempt to make Yingluk appear as auspicious. The weight of this perception in the minds of many Thais cannot be overestimated.

"The abbot claimed the lottery office could manipulate the numbers it draws, citing the last three-digit numbers of the first prize on March 16 appeared to have same numbers as the van which caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra stepped out and tumbled to the ground."

And that is why not everyone should be allowed to vote!

Imagine if the whole world was run by Thai logic and Thainess biggrin.png

• Like 1

I feel there is something dodgy with the lottery. The draws being held behind closed doors in recent times is fishy to start with, and all these draws reflecting Yingluk's vehicles goes beyond chance.

I honestly wouldn't put it past the government to manipulate the lottery in an attempt to make Yingluk appear as auspicious. The weight of this perception in the minds of many Thais cannot be overestimated.

You can't be serious.....a dodgy Government Lottery.....???.Who would of thought that could happen....:))

I wouldn't trust these lotteries ....but the Thais buy them endlessly.....!...always some shred of hope I guess

"The farmers were led to the lottery office by the renowned abbot, Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

The abbot and farmers demanded the office to buy paddy from farmers at 15,000 baht/ton on trucks but said that if they were dumped on the ground, the price would be lowered to 12,000 baht.

But until late today, nobody came out. The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground."

A future awaits in political lobbying for the so called monk - probably cleaning the lobby, I feel. I am at a loss to understand what he feels he has achieved. Did he honestly wake up this morning and tell his minions,

"I know what we'll do to achieve justice for you rice farmers. We're going to drive a truck full of rice paddy to the Government Lottery Office and demand they buy it off us."

"The Lottery Office?"

"Yes, the Lottery Office. And then we'll offer them a discount if we dump it on the ground"

"A discount?"

"Yes, it'll show them that we won't put up with corruption in the Lottery"

"But you said you were going to achieve justice for the rice farmers"

"Well that as well, but we're going to wait until someone comes out to buy it off us and then we'll dump it on the ground - That'll show them"

"But how does that achieve justice for the rice farmers? The Lottery officials aren't going to buy rice paddy off us, we normally go to Rice Mills"

"Yes but they rip you off, and it's the governments fault"

"So, the Lottery Office then?"

"Yes, you.......! You got a better plan?"

Well, they must have learned that from the government which has tried to borrow 130 billion Baht from the most interesting institutions, banks and state controlled funds.

Anyway reading the topic it would seem it's much more a continuation of calling the government corrupt with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky.

Any news on how much the BAAC already managed to pay out from the 20 billion the government borrowed from an emergency funds? That's assuming the MoF signed enough papers to have the money transferred to the BAAC. No need to hurry though. The disbursement was for farmers with receipts signed before the 9th of December. Makes you wonder how many more farmers are waiting as more than 100 billion more is needed.

"The farmers were led to the lottery office by the renowned abbot, Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

But until late today, nobody came out. The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground."

A future awaits in political lobbying for the so called monk - probably cleaning the lobby, I feel. I am at a loss to understand what he feels he has achieved. Did he honestly wake up this morning and tell his minions,

"I know what we'll do to achieve justice for you rice farmers. We're going to drive a truck full of rice paddy to the Government Lottery Office and demand they buy it off us."

"The Lottery Office?"

"Yes, the Lottery Office. And then we'll offer them a discount if we dump it on the ground"

"A discount?"

"Well that as well, but we're going to wait until someone comes out to buy it off us and then we'll dump it on the ground - That'll show them"

"But how does that achieve justice for the rice farmers? The Lottery officials aren't going to buy rice paddy off us, we normally go to Rice Mills"

That made me gigle... i like it!

Great action, let the government pay in any way, for the farmers..

Hit them where it hurts..

Just to be clear, when the government pays for anything, it is really me and the other tax payers who pay, not the government, but yes it does hurt smile.png

Edited by monkeycountry

"The Lottery Office?"

"A discount?"

Well, they must have learned that from the government which has tried to borrow 130 billion Baht from the most interesting institutions, banks and state controlled funds.

Anyway reading the topic it would seem it's much more a continuation of calling the government corrupt with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky.

Any news on how much the BAAC already managed to pay out from the 20 billion the government borrowed from an emergency funds? That's assuming the MoF signed enough papers to have the money transferred to the BAAC. No need to hurry though. The disbursement was for farmers with receipts signed before the 9th of December. Makes you wonder how many more farmers are waiting as more than 100 billion more is needed.

It's called humour, rubl.

This "with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky." is called schadenfraude.

That's the difference between a "Brit" and a "bitter".

• Like 1

This pales in comparison to the English farmer years ago that drove his tractor and muck-spreader (read pig <deleted> spreader) to the bank that was giving him grief and flung the four tonne contents of the muck spreader all over the bank.

Now THAT'S how you make a point. thumbsup.gif

........and it worked!!!