What is this lizard species?

In Thai a Jing Jok, I call them chit chat, after time spent in Brunei. The Missus is scared sh*****s of them, which is weird when she thinks nothing of picking up a cockroach the size of something from Men In Black!w00t.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I watched five of these clean up a swarm of flying ants attracted to our outdoor lights - impressive how many they ate. I like them.

"... impressive how many they ate."

Yep, as above, Chink Chok - Jing Jok. they keep the mozzies down a treat but they do like to shit a lot. Usually over your fresh laundry.

" ... but they do like to shit a lot."

Anyone care to connect the dots?

huge.99.495493.JPG

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

My house is full of them do not feed them they breed like rabbits send it packing back to where you got it from by the way they love chewing cloths and furniture upholstery

They certainly are everywhere but never heard of them eating cloths or upholstery, neither has my Thai wife......flying insects....yes.

Thanks for the replies! Here's what I've learned for now: it really somehow managed to travel with me all the way from Thailand to Bulgaria, since in my country we don't have geckos. It's possible to be house gecko, since it's ~1.5cm long. I put it in terrarium, this morning it drinked little bit water. I'll take some live food (crickets, flies or white worms) from the fishing store, because it doesn't want to eat dead flies. I think to name it Kea, which in Thai means "guest" (or something like that) :-)

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies! Here's what I've learned for now: it really somehow managed to travel with me all the way from Thailand to Bulgaria, since in my country we don't have geckos. It's possible to be house gecko, since it's ~1.5cm long. I put it in terrarium, this morning it drinked little bit water. I'll take some live food (crickets, flies or white worms) from the fishing store, because it doesn't want to eat dead flies. I think to name it Kea, which in Thai means "guest" (or something like that) :-)

I cant believe your going to keep it as a pet.

Nice! i like them myself. They eat the mosquitoes here so I am all for letting them run all over the house. Be a good little pet and when you come back you can try and bring him back with you!

He's gonna get lonely though so you may have to give him a hand.....

50 years ago we had in Seattle. Grandparents had huge Ivy rockery in front of house that was transgressed with long diagonal stairway as you went left to right up from street to house (75-110 feet) because it rained alot and Ivy stayed wet or moist was loaded with mossies. also Geckoes! They left us alone and were very well fed. Did not seem to be afraid of us either as I had 3 in my room. coffee1.gif They don't like beer... Seagrams spilled on porch they did approach...

Then all of a sudden they seemed to disappear... Last trip to Seattle I took Wife to show her and (Was May/June) none to be seen anywhere. Even new home owner hasn't seen in past 35 years...

In a pinch, roll a piece of bread into small balls and put them in the terrarium.

Never seen a jing jok that didn't wolf em down. Good Luck keeping it alive.

Nice! i like them myself. They eat the mosquitoes here so I am all for letting them run all over the house. Be a good little pet and when you come back you can try and bring him back with you!

He's gonna get lonely though so you may have to give him a hand.....

Or if he's a she good luck with that. Maybe you can buy some other lizard for a companion. Get some mixed breeding going on - kinda like here.

In a pinch, roll a piece of bread into small balls and put them in the terrarium.

Never seen a jing jok that didn't wolf em down. Good Luck keeping it alive.

At our home in Ranong gecko's like the odd cooked rice kernel laying about

and the odd bread crumb...dipped in curry even better. We have one...nicknamed

Flatso because when ever it see's us it flattens itself out a fair bit...who eats grains

of cooked rice from our fingers and then tries to hide behind the coffee maker.

We've watched it from a hatchling and now it's about 5 inches long. He...or she's

OK in our books. But that's not the same for the 5000 other relatives he/she has

running amok in our place. BTW....the little white spots on gecko poop is gecko

urine.....just FYI that. And...if they vocalise 7 times in a row...it's good luck!

Best of luck with your new pet!

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1