Swimming Pools

paulplus

Hi, Im looking for a place to go swimming in chiangmai, somewhere I can chill out by a pool during the hot season, but without booking into a hotel, maybe someone knows of a hotel that allows non guests to use their pool for a small appreciation or an open air public pool.

Yep, cheers ash i'll try that 700 year stadium, and i'll give the orchid a go as well, sounds like I can get a cocktail or two by the pool at the orchid, always like to have a bit of a buzz on when i'm putting a few laps in.

The Prince Hotel is not to far from the Thapae Gate area and you can go there for 70 baht a time.

It is clean and a very pleasant place to hang out with a restaurant as well. :o

It has been over 20 years since I spent my afternoons at the poolside of the Prince. It use to only cost maybe 20B and if you were a regular and bought some drinks and tipped the staff nobody bothered to collect the daily fee. It was quite a funny afternoon scene as many of the girls who worked the few Farang bars of that era also spent the afternoons there drinking and gossiping. But I remember it as being a rather small pool area compared to the Orchid.