Honda NM4 Vultus

cm das

Just came across this today:

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset

Top Gear calls it a "Batbike". Honda says it's inspired by anime & manga. It has the same engine as the NC750. Not much room for middle ground on this one's styling, I think. It's going to be either love it or hate it. Myself, I think it's pretty cool... for someone else. Not my style but I like to see Honda producing something kind of "out there" like this. Any thoughts?

Its futuristic in a retro way, if you get what I mean.

It looks like what people in the mid 1980s though we'd all be riding round on today, perhaps that was the idea?

Exhaust looks out of place though.

I quite liked it until I read what engine was in it.

Ugly piece of junk. Honda says it's aimed at young first time riders. Well putting a 750cc engine in it isn't very responsible. However it's over 250kgs wet. That's getting into Harley weights, so the performance will be #!*^. It'll corner like a brick too. Manual gearshifting is available with a button on the handlebars otherwise it's scootermatic. Only people I see buying this in Thailand are the geriatric Pattaya crowd.

i like japanese animations and such a bike is a good idea.

instead of buying a scoot, i buy this.

Look how far back the handlebars are from the front wheel. Almost like a chopper. This makes is difficult to steer. If you want a 750cc bike there's a lot of better alternatives out there. Of course if you would buy it just for the looks its up to you. No idea on the price but it'll probably be around 400K Baht. But unless you're very old you'll have a lot more fun with a Triumph/Ducati/KTM or one of the many Jap bikes for this price.

• Like 1

Yes, very "Batman Like". Maybe they should call it the "Re-Vultus". Could a person stab their eyeball out on a short stop with that windshield? Part of the look, but I'm just asking! With limited production and an NC750 platform, pretty sure the price will be surprisingly more than 400,000.

Edited by Longtooth

Look how far back the handlebars are from the front wheel. Almost like a chopper. This makes is difficult to steer. If you want a 750cc bike there's a lot of better alternatives out there. Of course if you would buy it just for the looks its up to you. No idea on the price but it'll probably be around 400K Baht. But unless you're very old you'll have a lot more fun with a Triumph/Ducati/KTM or one of the many Jap bikes for this price.

instead of buying a scooter, i buy this.

it looks futuristic and manga like which i like too.

I am sure it will be an effortless bike like all 750 cc honda series - it might be a bit boring to ride though but always comfy and hassle free it looks like.

Good move honda, it should be good if you spent some of these efforts on cbr650f series this way too!!!

Styling may not be to every-ones "taste" , but at least Honda has tried to produce something a little different - may be TOO different.Different colours and graphics may help the looks.Exhaust needs to be black , and up-swept.

OK, looking and thinking some more.... What it needs is the Turbo unit off of Ford's new 1 liter Fiesta! I bet you could mount it where the "tank" is, above the engine. The tank is not a tank. The tank is under the seat. A turbo, with heat shielding and air flow, with the turbo exhaust curving back to the front and dumping under the engine. You could fab a new "tank" to cover the assembly. No muffler at all needed, as the turbo will just put out a loud "Whooshing" noise. Now we're actually talking COOL! Probably about 25 more ponies, after tuning.

You could do some serious damage splitting lanes on this thing. I like the name Revultus, they could market it as the bike for whom the PCX just isn't ugly enough smile.png

2014-Honda-Vultus-3-720x540.jpg

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ugly piece of junk. Honda says it's aimed at young first time riders. Well putting a 750cc engine in it isn't very responsible. However it's over 250kgs wet. That's getting into Harley weights, so the performance will be #!*^. It'll corner like a brick too. Manual gearshifting is available with a button on the handlebars otherwise it's scootermatic. Only people I see buying this in Thailand are the geriatric Pattaya crowd.

bloody hell that's a worry cause I live in Pattaya but not old enough to be called geriatric.

Sorry if I off the mark here but you sound like a bike snob. I love riding around on a scooter but I also love riding cruiser bikes. I personally don't care about the fact thats it an automatic transmission, it makes it easier to ride.

I think it looks great, sounds great and depending on how much it is I would certainly consider it, no doubt.

• Like 1

touched one at last Motor show and bike is great man. Looks great and quality is perfect with the new cluster and plastic parts, it looks upmarket.

My dream scooter and worry free bike but 10 k USD is pricey

touched one at last Motor show and bike is great man. Looks great and quality is perfect with the new cluster and plastic parts, it looks upmarket.

My dream scooter and worry free bike but 10 k USD is pricey

It is a bit pricy.....but if it has the performance of the new Yammie T-Max 750 it will be a ball terra!

It will probably ride like a cruiser bike judging by the low seat, forward feet and raked out front end,, but thats ok.

I guess deciding whether to buy this just depends on what kind of riding experience you want. If you are into sports bikes dressing like a cheesy superhero, gut pressed over the tank, leaning forward with you feet behind you then clearly this isn't for you.

Personally I hate sports bikes.

It will probably ride like a cruiser bike judging by the low seat, forward feet and raked out front end,, but thats ok.

I guess deciding whether to buy this just depends on what kind of riding experience you want. If you are into sports bikes dressing like a cheesy superhero, gut pressed over the tank, leaning forward with you feet behind you then clearly this isn't for you.

Definitely some people cannot ride sport bikes.

It is either they dont have skills to do that or balls.

Personally you hate sport bikes bc you just cannot ride one and it feels bad i guess.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Personally you hate sport bikes bc you just cannot ride one and it feels bad i guess.

Also age affects everyone who stays alive, even you LL2

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Every man should know his limitations. biggrin.png

Also age affects everyone who stays alive, even you LL2

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Definitely. But it is something else.

Do you hate bikes just bc you are old to ride?

I had an accident when I was helping my dad haul logs when I was 16 and my right foot has never been good since then. Now I got a bad right knee. I love riding sports bikes but it hurts....really hurts. That's disappointing for me, but as they say 'Sh1t happens!"....and cruisers come to the rescue.....yah hoo.

Always loved the top line sports bikes and always will!

I like the vetter style boxes on the front but the bikes price & being to much of a fashion statement for me though.

BSJ you do pretty good with the knee ailment being able to hadle your superbike you have!!!!!!!!!!

I think I would have to be decapitated on all limbs to keep me from being on a bike!

It's not for me but props for making it for anime fans.

Old school fans can relate to Akira akira-04.jpg

Search for Akira bike and you will see many people have made their own versions in the past.

New school might think of Yugioh Yu_Gi_Oh_5Ds_Yusei_Render_by_l33tme.png

• Like 2

Search for Akira bike and you will see many people have made their own versions in the past.

Love akira for 20 years and love the bikes on that great animation that inspired many.

Love Japanese animation so that's why I liked this Honda vultus. It looks like it just get out of an animation.

• Like 1

All the top picture need is a set of guns like this pic to take care of the pesky drivers in Pattaya (mainly the HI SO tourists from BKK)

Looks a little tight but with a bluetooth setup it would sure clear the road of dead weight or maybe create a bunch of dead waste!

The second bike looks like it needs an ejection seat those side bars look like that might just drag your ass into the ground on track day!

post-32440-0-40834400-1397824908_thumb.j

Edited by Beardog