Thai Protest Leaders Strike a Pose

Lite Beer

I agree in what you say,Mandela was used for political means when he was released.I have a white South African friend who filled me in a little about Mandela.Also a friend who left SA due to the change happening.Look at what SA has become and someone please tell me it was for the good of all people.Before I get accused being of racist ,please don't waste your time.As an aside I was there in 1968

Before I post I will say I do not support either side in this political nightmare ... I support whatever is right for the people of Thailand.

Anyway "The Power of Change" ... what a load of b/s. This man has no idea about how to effect change. You do not do it by violent protest, by denying people their right to make a living (BKK shutdown), by denying people their democratic right to vote, by saying he wants "non elected" people to govern the country, by being backed by the BKK money brokers, by saying he wants "rid" of the Thaksin clan etc etc. Why has he not gone to the negotiating table ... because this is not about compromise this is about POWER.

As for this latest blatant piece of marketing ... <deleted>. He has lost face in his abject failure to force the Government from office and Thai's don't like losing face do they!!! So he is now resorting to gloss and glitz to try and make amends. There will be no statue of Suthep in the future. Now if you want a "role model" for political change then let's take the late and still great Nelson Mandela ... he was a true "agent of change" ... Mt Suthep is not fit to be named in the same breath but he might just want to take a look at NM and see what lessons he can learn.

If you really know the life of Nelson Mandela you wouldn't be sputing this inanities. Mandela was actually still in the list of "Terrorist" of USA Sate Dept until 2010 !!! He was branded by the South African govt and jailed for 3 deacdes and most Western govt including US & Britain as No.1 SA terrorist from the 70s until this century !!!

Suthep is not averse in negotiating. He actually said he wanted it done but it has to be televised live so the Thai people will know what is going on. No shady dealings. But the Yingluck govt does not want that or else they will be exposed for what they really are - Opportunist of the worst kind.

Would you want to be party to that?

Correct. I am looking to retire in Thailand as soon as there is less corruption than in SA.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think these reflect his character more:

102046052-protest-leader.jpgJust plain crazy

1389152546657.jpg-620x349.jpg Scaring Children

Suthep_Thaugsuban_protest_120114_540_361 Collecting money "for the rice farmers" whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

abhisit-and-suthep.jpgBreaking up with old friends 572587.jpg and trying to make new friends - how about a coup?

gold

• Like 1

Tell the court he's too busy, and doesn't have time to show up to hear charges against him, but no problem finding time of photo op of magazine cover.

Ohhh, the irony of it all. coffee1.gif

I wouldn't bother appearing for trumped up charges either.

The big difference is that you would be brought in to face them, kicking and screaming, no matter how busy you might be.

Cops can go and get him at their earliest convenience! So why did they not do it?

And again, the man is here, unlike some other coward who are in "exile" also called "running from justice"

I think these reflect his character more:

102046052-protest-leader.jpgJust plain crazy

1389152546657.jpg-620x349.jpg Scaring Children

Suthep_Thaugsuban_protest_120114_540_361 Collecting money "for the rice farmers" whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif>

abhisit-and-suthep.jpgBreaking up with old friends 572587.jpg and trying to make new friends - how about a coup?

gold

you are easy to please, even a fake gold plated biased post can do the trick!

And the media drumbeat of aggrandizing the anti-democracy movement keeps-on-a-going.

For starters, lets correct the headline...... Coup-mongers are not protesters..... As mentioned so many times, they use 'protests against the Govt., and phony focus on issues" as mere cover for their true intentions of seizing power they cannot achieve electorally. They would rather not display this intent however...Especially to International coverage...They just hope their abnormal Independent organizations and judiciary appear normal to International observers.

Lips magazine is an Elitist rag produced for the wealthy who think they deserve to own Thailand. Its latest issue is a hopeless piece of anti-democrat nonsense.

The media appear to laud the magazine and the anti-democrat leadership by breathlessly blathering about what a hit Suthep has created for the magazine. Reporters even tripped off to Lumpini Park to find - what a surprise! - that the magazine was a hit amongst anti-democrats at the fortress surrounded by the military protection and more than 2,000 thug-guards.

Back in the days after the Army slaughtered red shirts in 2010, this magazine managed to celebrate Army spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd who was the voice of the Abhisit regime during the crackdown and continually advocated hard line responses to red shirts and justified murder.

Boring

The man who will save Thailand from complete self destruction.

These magazines are flying off the shelves because in say 20 years post reform Thailand when it is prospering and very economically strong and the statues start going up around the country of Suthep. These mags will possibly worth money to a collector.

You will never see a statue of Thaksin or Yingluck here...... ever.

When Suthep son is the head of the elected committee still in power in 20years I will remind you about your message up top.

Very funny. We all know it will be probably be Thaksin's son who'll be running the country by then and having his strings pulled by President for Life Thaksin. smile.png

Don't believe it isn't possible. At least Thaksin son will hopefully have to get through an election....