Chiang Mai Traffic Continued

just plain different

keeping in spirit with the previous posts on this thread.

1. everyone else whose opinion is different than mine is a total ###### that should immediately leave thailand, including the thais! :o

At the risk of trying to add something productive to a real problem with Chiang Mai's traffic:

As both a motorist and a pedestrian here, the problems seem to me to be a result of simply too many ###### cars for not enough roads. The driving crazyness you find here is a merely a reaction to the congestion and inconvenience.

Some ideas to fix the problem-

1. Large parking structures built outside the central area, with free tuk-tuks/shuttles to the town center.

2. I read in the CM mail, that 50% of all traffic is forced to go through the crazy one-way roads around the moat. There needs to be at least one "through" road passing through the center of town, both ways, that doesn't require you to drive in a circle again and again to get where you want to go.

3. As a motorist, I'd actually be happy if they closed the old city down to traffic completely. A lot of those roads are too narrow for cars anyway. Again, parking structures outside of town, with the interior of the moat only open to tuk-tuks, or shuttle busses. Residents could have special permits that allow their cars into the area, while delivery trucks can be allowed in in the night or early morning hours.

4. More public transport, that doesn't run on the roads. Trains, subways, sky train stations. Running outside of town to the outlying areas. Again, with large parking structures near them.

5. No parking / food stalls in the left lane, especially the high-ways! We you could double the road space just by keeping people from parking along side the road. Which means you do need more parking structures, as well as forcing businesses like banks and so forth to provide x amount of parking for their customers, on their own property.

Just my thoughts, but remember in your criticisms that if you don't agree with me you're almost certainly a ###### who needs to be booted out of the country immediately.

Edited by jaiyenjohn

Well after reading EVERYTHING I don't really care about concerning the driving manners of Thai's & Falangs in CM, my observations:

just plain different you TV name is accurate, are you lonely? You seem on the verge of arguing with yourself here!

Face it, "This isn't Kansas anymore ToTo!" You are in Thailand, Not Laos, Not Vietnam but Thailand so forget about the manners elsewhere, they don't apply.

On another subject..... why restart a thread that was a failure the first time. Checking to see if anybody changed their minds?

Trying to change the driving habits here,would be like farting against thunder. :o

Just as trying to change the weather in Thailand would be like spitting at the sun. But that doesn't mean you can't discuss the weather.

Herein lies the problem, read back on your responses, you are not discussing anything! Anybody who disagrees with YOUR point of view has either a stupid view etc. You start to preach from your pulpit.

In reference: "The underlying point you seem to be struggling to come out with is that since Thailand isn't anywhere else one must not compare it to anywhere else. By this logic one couldn't compare anything to anything else, because: football isn't American football;Thai food isn't Western food; soi dogs aren't purebreds; and (perhaps something you CAN appreciate) Thai bar girls aren't Farang women (a comparison you doubtlessly have spoken volumes on) …"

And you know, you are correct ....... you can't compare football to American football, why, it's a different game! You can't compare Thai Food to Western Food, WHY, because they are apples and oranges, slick......... A soi dog isn't a purebred, you can't compare them, and No a BG isn't a Falang women..........

You know, you are a TROLL Oddball......oh, that's another way of saying Just Plain Different, compare that.........

You know, you are a TROLL Oddball......oh, that's another way of saying Just Plain Different, compare that.........

Don't waste your fingers DB, the thread is just centering around Just Plain Different's rather odd views. Meadish will be along soon to close the thread as it's going nowhere, and people are starting to get a little heated.