Thailand to protest Fox News over flight MH370 criticism

webfact

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a ridiculously high ratio of right wing nuts to normal in Thailand. When you criticize Fox News, it's the same as calling the Virgin Mary a bargirl. These are people who have Fox News on 24/7 and swallow their ridiculous baloney, hook line and sinker. These are my fellow Americans who I can't have have a normal conversation with because after hello, it immediately becomes a rant about how Obama Is the devil.

Ok, where do you suggest that we get news? Bashing Fox is not an answer.

It is a well documented academic fact that Fox News watchers are less informed and often illinformed in regard to current news events.

Fox literally panders to the old, the wealthy, the "conservative", the "values voter". It is not news, it is simply an opinion outlet spouting hyperbole and often utter nonsense. Itr arely reports fact.

Often, almost always the narrative sounds like a headline out of National Enquirer. They fabricate news out of thin air.

Nothing is born out of fact and everything and I do mean everything is qualified by the question mark. They posit the most insane questions.

Will Obama allow flying monkeys to crawl up his ass and destroy the economy?

Will?

Why?

The demographic is +60. O'Reilly and Shawn Hannity are national disgrace. O'Rielly doesn't even bother to keep up with current events, he just pulls some old, tried and true strawman out of his closet and goes on a rant even though is his often wholly wrong in fact. All the olds watching just nod in approval. It is such a joke when O'Reilly attempts to discuss something deep or complicated. Oh, the "folks" don't want to hear about that (complicated for old people)...This is only an hour show (!!), we can't get into the weeds...But most of all he and Fox never have on opposing viewpoints unless they are paid punching bags.

Us= good

THEM = BAD

If you only watch Fox you are uninformed. This fact is academic. Sorry.

You are loosely using the word academic. I have asked others and I will try and ask you because I can't get an answer from others.

Of you Fox haters, what news outlet do you watch/read?

The KCNA in my case. Not a hint of bias.

Unfortunately, Rupert Murdoch employs sensationalistic fools who cater and banter to the lame public who unconditionally believe everything they say. Fox couldn't get a news story straight if it fell out of the sky and hit it on the head. The worst thing is, they don't care about getting it right, they just like to stir up gossip so the mindless masses will flock to read the BS and their advertisers just love it. Happy to get sued for reporting a falsehood because the law suit is usually less than they make with the advertising....

• Like 2

There is a significant amount of slagging going on here in this thread. Let's keep it as generalities and not towards individual posters. Any more such flames against each other here will result in suspensions.

The fact is acknowledged that the plane flew over the Thailand south and it either wasn't picked up by miitary radar or they picked it up and didn't report, "because nobody asked" while their allies were using very expensive assets to search in the Thai backyard.

At least when the Thai military finally responded, it was with facts, none of which are contained in the above.

The flight never passed over Thailand. (That's why no one paid it much attention at the time; it wasn't relevant until later half a day later, when the Malaysians stopped their own delaying tactic.)

The flight was picked up on military radar and reported. (It wasn't relevant, but the contacts and report were filed, as with all radar. Because they are filed, they can be retrieved later and not depend on some person saying, "Oh, wait, let me think, yeah, maybe, I'm not sure but I possibly might have seen that" along the lines of a TV "report".)

Because it was picked up, and because it was reported, the military could go back, retrieve the "pickup" and the report, and pass it along.

THAT is what is acknowledged.

The part not acknowledged by pooyai is that this retrieval and passing-on of the sighting was late, perhaps careless, possibly lazy and definitely a controversial response.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is a well documented academic fact that Fox News watchers are less informed and often illinformed in regard to current news events.

Fox literally panders to the old, the wealthy, the "conservative", the "values voter". It is not news, it is simply an opinion outlet spouting hyperbole and often utter nonsense. Itr arely reports fact.

Often, almost always the narrative sounds like a headline out of National Enquirer. They fabricate news out of thin air.

Nothing is born out of fact and everything and I do mean everything is qualified by the question mark. They posit the most insane questions.

Will?

Why?

The demographic is +60. O'Reilly and Shawn Hannity are national disgrace. O'Rielly doesn't even bother to keep up with current events, he just pulls some old, tried and true strawman out of his closet and goes on a rant even though is his often wholly wrong in fact. All the olds watching just nod in approval. It is such a joke when O'Reilly attempts to discuss something deep or complicated. Oh, the "folks" don't want to hear about that (complicated for old people)...This is only an hour show (!!), we can't get into the weeds...But most of all he and Fox never have on opposing viewpoints unless they are paid punching bags.

Us= good

THEM = BAD

You are loosely using the word academic. I have asked others and I will try and ask you because I can't get an answer from others.

Does it matter? This is a red herring. What I listen to has NO bearing on the fact that Fox isn't news and the sheep that ingest the pablum are ill informed

This is the second time this has made the rounds in the press, first was about four years ago after the dust settled from Iraq.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/study-fox-news-viewers-most-misinformed-of-all-news-consumers/ (refers to the UMD study 2010)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9288158/Fox-News-viewers-worst-informed-study-finds.html

For what it is worth, I havea degree in History and Political Science from a very distinguished university in Washington DC. I feel I am perfectly well within my right to call Fox bullshit. Sorry.

Why do we have to have a dig at the people who have to live in a trailer park? For some it's a blessing from living on the streets. I doubt very few are there by choice and really life in a trailer park, (like every where else) can be a very nice life style... it's only what we make it out to be.

You may not like Fox news but you don't have to take a cheap shot at other people less fortunate than you as well!

The majority of the "contributors" on ThaiVisa are very elitist and like to make fun of and disrespect poor people. If you are poor, your vote or opinion counts for nothing. Just shut up and follow what the politically correct elite in the west tells you or do what the greedy corrupt elite in Thailand tells you.

Thailand is right in complaining to Fox. The plane WAS NOT in Thailand air space, and was not asked by Malaysia to check Malaysian air space.

The plane WAS in Malaysian air space.Why Thailand will think that the Malaysian Air Force was not doing its job? If Thailand Air Force calls Malaysian Air Force telling that the Malaysian plane its were looking for was flying in Malaysian air space, what may will be the respond...." Thank you, but we know our business......and this it is not your business!"

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

Will?

Why?

Us= good

THEM = BAD

The KCNA in my case. Not a hint of bias.

Just took a look there. Mainly international news and you are right, just news, no opinion.

• Like 1

The resultant lack of credibility lies in the fact that Thailand dragged its feet yet again.

The world has yet to understand how upsetting it is for this nation to undergo criticism regardless of it's origin or veracity.

Why do we have to have a dig at the people who have to live in a trailer park? For some it's a blessing from living on the streets. I doubt very few are there by choice and really life in a trailer park, (like every where else) can be a very nice life style... it's only what we make it out to be.

You may not like Fox news but you don't have to take a cheap shot at other people less fortunate than you as well!

The majority of the "contributors" on ThaiVisa are very elitist and like to make fun of and disrespect poor people. If you are poor, your vote or opinion counts for nothing. Just shut up and follow what the politically correct elite in the west tells you or do what the greedy corrupt elite in Thailand tells you.

Wow. Spot on.

• Like 2

Say what you may about FOX NEWS....

The point is that Greta was CORRECT..... it takes a total SHEEP to sit there and not offer up relevant information, but instead say something totally stupid like: "Well you did not ask us, so we did not tell you."

The Thais KNEW that this information was vital.... THIS IS NOT "TWENTY QUESTIONS"....

What an incredible stupid, childish thing to do.... if you had an employee who did not speak up to warn you or advise you on something important that would affect the outcome of your business, you'd fire that ass in a flash....

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Rupert Murdoch employs sensationalistic fools who cater and banter to the lame public who unconditionally believe everything they say. Fox couldn't get a news story straight if it fell out of the sky and hit it on the head. The worst thing is, they don't care about getting it right, they just like to stir up gossip so the mindless masses will flock to read the BS and their advertisers just love it. Happy to get sued for reporting a falsehood because the law suit is usually less than they make with the advertising....

Murdoch does not employ fools. In fact, he employs very, very smart people. Almost everyone that delivers news has a law degree. The only exception are the radio hosts that come and go and the "financial gurus" - but Fox trains them well.

Make no mistake, the news delivered on Fox has been precisely worded. I am certain it is read prior to deliver by lawyers. Written by some of the best political polemicists, checked by lawyers and delivered by lawyers.

That is why the questionmark is key to the network.

Will the Democrats hire Communists for campaign workers?

Can black single mothers sell their children for crack and chicken?

Do all non Republicans hate God?

But those are the stupid headlines. When you did into actual news stories, they are meticulously written to insert as much hyperbole as possible while still skirting the truth.

It's a circus, seriously. But if you cannot see it - perhaps a magic show is a better metaphor.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Will?

Why?

Us= good

THEM = BAD

Does it matter? This is a red herring. What I listen to has NO bearing on the fact that Fox isn't news and the sheep that ingest the pablum are ill informed

This is the second time this has made the rounds in the press, first was about four years ago after the dust settled from Iraq.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/study-fox-news-viewers-most-misinformed-of-all-news-consumers/ (refers to the UMD study 2010)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9288158/Fox-News-viewers-worst-informed-study-finds.html

For what it is worth, I havea degree in History and Political Science from a very distinguished university in Washington DC. I feel I am perfectly well within my right to call Fox bullshit. Sorry.

When you say "a very distinguished university in Washington D.C.", you have defined yourself. You consider yourself an "academic" which aligns you with the MSM, so your hating Fox is automatic. It's an ideology and not critical thought.

My observation over the past decade is that the higher the degree of hate and misunderstanding of Fox News = the lower level of IQ, education and general world knowledge. Another good indication of those low levels is the amount of time wasted in this forum making inane statments that nobody cares about. Fox News is the ONLY light of TRUTH in the public media. But it requires intelligence and education to comprehend those truths.

Why am I qualified to make these conclusions? Because I am an educated, intelligent American, with a 247 IQ (average of 5 tests) a JD Law Degree and a PhD in International Trade.

OK, it's the morons' turn to disagree......

I agree with the first part of your comment. However an IQ of 247 would indicate insanity. Also, a really intelligent person would not waste the time to read or comments in this forum. (I may be one of the few exceptions. So instead of drinking alcohol in the morning I check on the majority of retired/retarded farts in Pattaya. The western world has figured out that is cheaper to send the retards to Pattaya then to store them in an insane asylum at home) Any questions anyone???

My IQ is 320 and I still do not understand anything??

There's brains,then there is common sense.

• Like 1

Seems to me that Fox got it right when they were describing the PTP's Thailand.

Thais should realize that the PTP have made Thailand an international joke.

However I was surprised at the Fox article because I would have thought The Shinawatras would have bribed the Fox propaganda machine

so that it is only reporting PTP sanctioned Thai News.

Someone should take FOX new to task over the disgusting way they have repoerted on this terrible incident.

I watched Hannity last week only becuase they were covering the missing flight.

He kept trying and trying to ram it down his guests throats that the pilots had gone rogue.

Luckily they were more sensible than him.

Every one can have a theory but he has his own agenda.

I suppose he knows who shot JFK

The relatives of the pilots should be up in arms over his comments.

Nothing is proven yet just sensationalist shitty journalism.

Lets just pray they find the plane and put an end to what is a terrible tragedy.

I know who shot JFK,same person who shot JR.

Oh Thailand doesn't like this.

Unfortunately for Thailand, in the rest of the big wide world, if you act like a jerk, and someone else calls you a jerk because of it, you can try and sue them for defamation if you want, and all that happens is you look like a bigger jerk than before.

Just admit a mistake.

It's a jagged little pill, but it may teach you a lesson that is so desperately needed.

The Thai Foreign Ministry clearly needs a briefing regarding the nature of American news media and

how to handle them when somebody criticizes Thailand:

1. First of all, get your facts straight. Greta Van Susteren is NOT a reporter, but a commentator who is there to offer her opinions, particularly on her specialty of legal affairs.

2. For better or for worse, Fox News like to provoke controversy with provocative statements by their commentators. In short, Van Susteren was just doing her job.

3. The Thai Foreign Ministry should also bear in mind that in the US, there is sonething called

The First Amendment to the American Constitution, which guarantees Freedom of Speech. This

concept might be hard to imagine here in LOS, but a few minutes of research into American law

would reveal that Thailand has absolutely no legal grounds for any complaint.

4.With a little more research, the Thai Foreign Ministry might discover that Fox News has been the

bane of President Obama's existence, and even he has not been able to get them to shut up. Fox News is the number one news station in the US today, and is a power to be reckoned with.

5.Finally, the Foreign Ministry would be well-advised to consult a professional American public relations firm tor guidance on how to deal with American media. Those countries that choose to pay for their services, like Burma and Indonesia, literally get away with murder. Shooting the messenger, as one does in Thailand,

is not the way to go; indeed, this approach may only succeed in provoking the media beast into generating a truly nasty media campaign which will make this look like a tempest in a teapot.

Of course, LOS, being a perfect country, and a model of transparency, has nothing to fear, since it has nothing to hide!smile.png:)

I agree 100%.

If I may add, in Thailand, defamation is a very powerful law that is taken very seriously and loosely defined to fit anything Thais see fit. The problem is, they don't understand that other countries don't give a crap about how Thais feel like they have been defamed.

Free speech exist in other countries.

• Like 2

Will?

Why?

Us= good

THEM = BAD

I don't "hate" Fox, just despise it's sad propagandist and biased agenda. Al Jazeera is very good. And before the Fox lovers ignorant kneejerk about a "Muslim" news station, Al Jazeera is banned in 7 Islamic countries (last time I heard) because they do not toe anyone's line but journalism's.

• Like 1

Will?

Why?

Us= good

THEM = BAD

I don't "hate" Fox, just despise it's sad propagandist and biased agenda. Al Jazeera is very good. And before the Fox lovers ignorant kneejerk about a "Muslim" news station, Al Jazeera is banned in 7 Islamic countries (last time I heard) because they do not toe anyone's line but journalism's.

Thank you for answering

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox tried to link the missing jet to 'Obamacare'. They seem to have a total obsession with that.

Absolutely! The jet needed to disappear as someone onboard had his original Kenyan birth certificate! ;)

The fact is surveys show that FOX news watchers are the least informed of all American news organizations. NPR was the best. What was really telling was Fox listeners scored worse than those who did not watch news at all. That should tell you something........ The fact that the Thais had nothing new to add to the investigation was sensationalized because they hit the news 10 days after the flight went missing. This was a perfect opportunity to place some kind of blame on someone, whereas the info they had amounted to nothing new, nor would it had been new on day 1. The Left leaning Huffington Post also reported that the Thais MAY have been negligent, but refrained from name calling and pounding their chests.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/174826/survey-nprs-listeners-best-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

Someone should have advised Mr. Sek Wannamethee that Fox News is just a right-wing, red-neck joke that exists solely for the benefit of trailer park inhabitants who want to appear to be worldly in between watching professional wrestling matches and cartoons, and is not really a "leading news organisation"

Everyone has a right to their opinion and this woman aired hers. She's part of a sensationalist "news" agency, not a diplomatic agency, albeit the core fact of the delayed information was true.

are you one of those people who have never bothered to watch it but have no problem critising it because its competitors tell you so?

• Like 1