Thailand to protest Fox News over flight MH370 criticism

webfact

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, I like Fox News, 'OReilly, Greta but not a fan of Hanitty!! I'd certainly rather watch Greta than that idiot and ass-licker on CNN, Piers Morgan!!

With all the negative comments here about Fox, I can't understand how they are the most-watched cable news channel in the world??!! Must be far more 'losers' in the world than 'winners'??!!

You put your finger on it! There ARE more losers than winners, and there are more idiots than geniuses. Have you heard the term "the ignorant masses"?

I have heard of the " ignorant masses " but I don't understand what it means.

• Like 1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My observation over the past decade is that the higher the degree of hate and misunderstanding of Fox News = the lower level of IQ, education and general world knowledge. Another good indication of those low levels is the amount of time wasted in this forum making inane statments that nobody cares about. Fox News is the ONLY light of TRUTH in the public media. But it requires intelligence and education to comprehend those truths.

Why am I qualified to make these conclusions? Because I am an educated, intelligent American, with a 247 IQ (average of 5 tests) a JD Law Degree and a PhD in International Trade.

OK, it's the morons' turn to disagree......

directed at those who feel they have to play "Little Boy Blue", you know as is come blow your horn..... you may be impressed to know a little about I Q...

http://www.sciencedump.com/content/10-people-highest-iq-world-infographic

55555 I Q of 247 , 55555

take the time to google up Einstein's IQ

You may tell us now that your post was "tongue in cheeks",,,,, but we all know you can't bend over that far.

.....and just for the record...... how many were so impressed by your BS

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

George Bush Snr's IQ - 98, Hilary Clinton's - 140. I think that says it all in relation to IQ and Fox. Jack was obviously taking the piss.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, I like Fox News, 'OReilly, Greta but not a fan of Hanitty!! I'd certainly rather watch Greta than that idiot and ass-licker on CNN, Piers Morgan!!

With all the negative comments here about Fox, I can't understand how they are the most-watched cable news channel in the world??!! Must be far more 'losers' in the world than 'winners'??!!

You put your finger on it! There ARE more losers than winners, and there are more idiots than geniuses. Have you heard the term "the ignorant masses"?

I have heard of the " ignorant masses " but I don't understand what it means.

:) Funny guy

First of all, Van Sustern is NOT a journalist, NOT a reporter, she is a commentatorshe does NOT report the news, she gives her opinions.

To take what she says as news is ludicrous! Is she biased? Certainly! I am always amazed that people even listen to people like her.

Does she belong to the Society of Professional Journalists? Well, it doesnt seem that she subscribes to its code of ethicsand why should she, she is not a journalist, shes NOT reporting!

The reason people listen to her is called, "Choice". If people having various opinions or views were eliminated from the media, then perhaps I would not have the opportunity to consider their opinions or views in my analysis of the subject.

Being exposed to the left, right or center; the good, bad or indifferent; the crazy, bizzare or sensible is essential to a free society in my opinion.

The deeper issue, as I see it, is the freedom to say what one wants and not be hindered or regulated by the government, Thai or otherwise.

Had to weigh in on this topic, as a Yank from Boston.

Please remember, people; FOX is NOT a new station, they are an opinion station; from the moment the empty-headed bimbos on Fox & Friends start yapping right through Greta and her constant, inane interviews with "Governor" Sarah Palin, it's all extreme far-right propaganda put forth by a paranoid, lifelong republican operative behind the curtain. NO ONE takes them seriously in America, except for people in states no one cares about; trust me, they are a national joke and a disgrace back home. I honestly can't think of one person who doesn't laugh when the name is mentioned.

Some guy defending them here put up their ratings; while they may get one million viewers a night or even 2 million viewers, the population of the country is 325 million; they are getting less than 1% of the population to watch them. And even if their ratings are better than the others that doesn't mean much; McDonald's sells the most burgers, but that doesn't mean their food is any good.

With that said, the Thai's did act a bit childish with their take on the Malaysian aircraft. I wonder if they would have been just as upset if a nobody like Piers Morgan had said it.

post-143316-0-98571000-1395636433_thumb.

• Like 2

There is a ridiculously high ratio of right wing nuts to normal in Thailand. When you criticize Fox News, it's the same as calling the Virgin Mary a bargirl. These are people who have Fox News on 24/7 and swallow their ridiculous baloney, hook line and sinker. These are my fellow Americans who I can't have have a normal conversation with because after hello, it immediately becomes a rant about how Obama Is the devil.

Ok, where do you suggest that we get news? Bashing Fox is not an answer.

Your only source of news is TV's Fox News? Isn't El Jezera and the BBC on there too? I don't know I never watch TV. I download The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and have a dozen websites I visit daily. Huffington Post, Yahoo, LA Times are a few good sources, there are literally another million out there. I like to browse Zite and Flipboard on the iPad.

That really explains your opinion. Shockingly so.

Someone should have advised Mr. Sek Wannamethee that Fox News is just a right-wing, red-neck joke that exists solely for the benefit of trailer park inhabitants who want to appear to be worldly in between watching professional wrestling matches and cartoons, and is not really a "leading news organisation"

Everyone has a right to their opinion and this woman aired hers. She's part of a sensationalist "news" agency, not a diplomatic agency, albeit the core fact of the delayed information was true.

For once they are right about Thais military. If the had any senes they would apologize instead of protesting.
  • Like 1

Fox News is just one of many news agencies.. If you have read about the story/facts in CNN.. where they wrote the answer of the highest Thai Military Airforce general was: "it did not enter in Thai aerospace and nobody did ask us about... we only care incidents directed to Thailand... and so on.." whilst the whole world is searching that plane for already nearly a week that time... I just wonder that no one is writing here that possibly the red shirts that time had cut phone lines and powersupply of the army and that have been an other attack from Dubai to make Thailand looking bad.. and the prime Minister has to stand responsible for that...

I am suffering from diarea and it's because the man in Dubai ordered his red shirt agents to infuse my food with harmful bacterias so that I later I would go online writing bad things about Thailand, a country that is run by his sister.

Face up to the truth, conspiracy dude, thailand's armed forces are as incompetent as any other government office Thailand.

Oh please dont waste your breath on Fakefox. "A leading news organization"? Not sure which is the biggest joke "leading" or "news"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

FOX News has better ratings than any cable news program. They tell it as it is.......that's why they have the great ratings.

Only the Libtards hate FOX.

Faux News has a base of 3 million viewers and falling. I can only attribute that to the TV being left on 24/7 in the old folks home.

• Like 1

Much as I hate to say it but Fox is right.

They often are. Because of politics, the left do their best to marginalize Fox News by smearing them and dishonestly quoting them out of context, but the truth is that they are often the only major news source in the USA who are actually doing their job. The founding fathers of the USA wanted a press that would keep the government in line, not spin and cover up for them like the MSM do most of the time now for the present administration. Greta got this right and much of the time, on many issues, her colleagues at Fox do too.

but honestly, believing FOX news is providing quality objective journalism is about as clever as believing the world is 5,000 years old. Rupert always has an agenda and the truth can go to hell if it doesn't support his view.

Ironically, a lot of FOX viewers actually believe the earth is only 5000 years old!

They pull in the Christian fundamentalist crowd, as well as the anti-science crowd, people who don't believe in evolution, people who want creationism taught in schools, gun nuts, and people who think Obama is a communist Muslim from Kenya [and really believe that]. You really can't even argue with people that stupid, you just kinda shake your head and wonder what rock they have been living under all these years.

Oddly enough, even when I am in Thailand and the discussion changes to Fox "news", even people from the UK and Ireland and Sweden, Australia, etc..... understand that the station is a national joke in America. Trust me, despite their high viewership of paranoid people in red states, it is.

• Like 1

Much as I hate to say it but Fox is right.

They often are. Because of politics, the left do their best to marginalize Fox News by smearing them and dishonestly quoting them out of context, but the truth is that they are often the only major news source in the USA who are actually doing their job. The founding fathers of the USA wanted a press that would keep the government in line, not spin and cover up for them like the MSM do most of the time now for the present administration. Greta got this right and much of the time, on many issues, her colleagues at Fox do too.

but honestly, believing FOX news is providing quality objective journalism is about as clever as believing the world is 5,000 years old. Rupert always has an agenda and the truth can go to hell if it doesn't support his view.

Ironically, a lot of FOX viewers actually believe the earth is only 5000 years old!

They pull in the Christian fundamentalist crowd, as well as the anti-science crowd, people who don't believe in evolution, people who want creationism taught in schools, gun nuts, and people who think Obama is a communist Muslim from Kenya [and really believe that]. You really can't even argue with people that stupid, you just kinda shake your head and wonder what rock they have been living under all these years.

Oddly enough, even when I am in Thailand and the discussion changes to Fox "news", even people from the UK and Ireland and Sweden, Australia, etc..... understand that the station is a national joke in America. Trust me, despite their high viewership of paranoid people in red states, it is.

So, just to clarify for the record, were Fox news reporting accurately - or were they lying - when they quoted the Thai government spokesman saying "Nobody asked us". ?

This forum is scathing in their criticism of FOX, and probably justified. But on this occasion FOX are only reporting what many other networks world wide have reported. Criticism of Thailand and their selfishness is 100%correct. Yes the same country that everybody helped after the Tsunami

"Such action will also affect the credibility of Fox News, which is a leading news organisation in the U.S."

No, it's not a "news" organization, it's a business selling gossip, innuendo, opinions without facts and more . . .

I think that "...gossip, innuendo, opinions without facts...", can also be said about some of the TVF posts.

I am fortunate in being able to decide for myself what I consider a news organization. I prefer not to broadcast that to others as I'm not educated in that field and have no credentials or personal experience to support any such statements.

Others have a right to decide for themselves without my trying to play expert on a subject I know little about.

Fox News does report facts, but the facts are presented in a skewed fashion to distort the scenario, usually with pertinent information omitted; it's called disinformation.

It seems at first amazing that Fox would condemn Thailand, since the US wanted to once include Thailand into it's world defense strategy placement in SE Asia and while still fomenting "friendly" ties, I think Thailand has other interests and is not such a friend to the US. Since Fox News is just the propaganda arm of The State, degrading the image of Thailand is probably a State response. I suspect that less expensive countries like Myanmar will become the next strategic US Militarized stronghold in the region, leaving Thailand to it's "world class" developers who probably do not have US interest as part of their particular game plan.

As Thai Visa has often concluded, as Fox News has concluded, Thailand is very corrupt. The missing airplane and the mysterious circumstances surrounding the incident has been done in such a creepy and (for criminals) sloppy manner, it's obvious to people who are used to understanding covert military actions that this was a corrupt scheme that does seem to implicate Thailand and make it look like the immature "player" that it is.

Edited by me313

Someone should have advised Mr. Sek Wannamethee that Fox News is just a right-wing, red-neck joke that exists solely for the benefit of trailer park inhabitants who want to appear to be worldly in between watching professional wrestling matches and cartoons, and is not really a "leading news organisation"

Everyone has a right to their opinion and this woman aired hers. She's part of a sensationalist "news" agency, not a diplomatic agency, albeit the core fact of the delayed information was true.

Given the fact that it is now almost certain it was a skyjack, and that probable landing was at Diego Garcia - would it have made the slightest difference? PLUS they may have been politely requested to be a tad lethargic.............?

So, just to clarify for the record, were Fox news reporting accurately - or were they lying - when they quoted the Thai government spokesman saying "Nobody asked us". ?

Show me where I said they were lying?

I said they were a national joke in America for being a far-right-wing propaganda machine. And they are.

If you don't like that, try out a good news station for a change and get better educated.

Send the prime minister's deputy secretary with his 600,000 armed NVDD red shirt volunteers in a D-Day flotilla to surround Fox News' HQ and abduct Ms van Susteren. She should be made to kneel before red shirt leaders and be taught proper respect for the barrel of a gun.

Is this about Fox news or is it about the Thai government? The information came from theThais, Fox did not make this up!

The truth hurts but like they say it will set you free!

If not this story Thai has a big history basically screwing thing up and then blaming ir on someone else classic theory of the art of war. When you get busted point the finger at someone else or change the topic, no wonder they admire the Chinese! I am a so call lefty and this story is Fair and Balance!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

Seriously though they are just going to make fools of themselves, since Fox News will ridicule them further for overreacting. Although Fox News acts like an effective emetic for me, Ms van Susteren reported the facts which were that Thailand didn't pass on the information because no one asked for it because no one knew they had it. In the event it didn't make any difference but just might have done. Those were the facts and Fox in typical sensationalist style added its opinion which was that the Thai authorities were jerks for not passing on the information. The facts were true and the Thai government disagrees with the opinion that they are jerks. Just make that point and move on.

We do know from the 2005 tsunami that Thai officials are prone to this type of behaviour and couldn't care less about the consequences. They failed to pass on the tsunami warning from Hawaii because they hoped it wouldn't be as bad as all that and didn't want to risk a single satang of tourism revenue. In the event hundreds of foreigners and Thais perished, many of whom could have been saved, if the officials had acted on the warning from Hawaii. Nevertheless, the police got a welcome windfall in the form of the international tsunami relief fund which they were permitted to plunder freely without any consequences.

• Like 2

Is this about Fox news or is it about the Thai government? The information came from theThais, Fox did not make this up!

The truth hurts but like they say it will set you free!

If not this story Thai has a big history basically screwing thing up and then blaming ir on someone else classic theory of the art of war. When you get busted point the finger at someone else or change the topic, no wonder they admire the Chinese! I am a so call lefty and this story is Fair and Balance!

Perhaps it is no coincidence that most of the Thai officials exhibiting this type of behaviour are, in fact, Chinese themselves.