Divorce where?

harrry

In order to divorce someone married in Thailand you have not been able to locate for 35 years do you have to apply at the court in the district where you were married or can you do it in the town you live now.

How complicated is the processs.

You use the court for the district you are currently living and would file for a divorce based on abandonment.

It is not complicated, but must show proof of abandonment and try to locate her. If that fails the final step will be publication of a summons to go to court in some local papers and at the court house itself. The process will take a few months.

If you can find her through her family it will be easier and cheaper.

I got a divorce for abandonment in 2005 using a lawyer and having to go to court. It was over in 45 minutes. I had not seen my wife in ten years. In my case, my wife was in the states and that was it. Cost me 40K but worth it in the long run.

My g/f now my wife had Thai husband he pissed off 4-5 years he never helped her look after their 2 kids. She contacted him but he said no to a divorce. She went to lawyer who took it to court told the court the facts and my wife spoke in the court, her husband was not there. She was given a divorce by the court. It cost 10k. In the place of their marriage.