Can Thai based eBay sales items on eBay.com (Thailand) be made visible on eBay.uk?

The standard Thai based e.Bay account shows its sales items on eBay.com (USA) but not on eBay.uk.

So the items are not visible to UK based buyers unless the buyer does a search on eBay.com, rather than eBay.uk.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a Thai based eBay account to also be visible on eBay.uk.?

The eBay ‘Help ‘explains the “International Visibility Requirements” for USA based accounts, but I am not sure this would also apply to Thai based accounts.

Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Yes, I was talking about selling, and as darrendsd has kindly advised, I had to re-list the same items on eBay UK in order for them to be visible on eBay UK. Buyers in the Uk have the option of searching on eBay UK (as most of them do) or eBay.com, (in which case their searches will include USA and other countries (incl. Thailand) that use eBay.com.)

I haven't checked yet, but I guess I will also have to list them again if I want them to be visible in eBay.au (Australia)

This is a real pest, as not only is it very time consuming to fill out the forms for re-listing, but these re-listed items count towards my overall selling limits as I am a new seller.

This is a totally different system to Amazon,where I only have to list my books on Amazon.com and they are visible and available to buy worldwide, without having to re-list in each country.

But there again, Amazon's software and procedures and support for sellers is quite outstanding, whereas eBay/Paypal is a bit hit and miss and is often confusing, contradictory and to say the least, baffling.Their support staff use so many flowery sentences full of nothing that you fall asleep before you get to the point where they attempt (and often fail) to answer your query. Maybe that's the idea....

As a seller using Ebay you can list on all countries by paying additional fees, I have a UK Ebay account and it gives me the option to sell to USA etc for an addition an fee, check you country settings, you should never need to re list it yourself on another countries site.

Yes, the point is that I have a Thailand based eBay.com account. On this account my items are also listed in the USA, free of charge.

But for eBay UK, I have to re-list them on eBay.Uk for them to be visible to buyers on eBay.uk. (Unless Uk buyers opt to search eBay.com, in which case they will find my items. Amazon themselves have told me this.)

There is a small listing fee for re-listing on eBay.uk, whereas the original listing was free.

Interestingly I have just checked on eBay.com.au (Australia) and my items are listed after local items on the search pages, under the general heading items from "eBay International sellers". All my items are there - free of charge! so no need to re-list in Oz.

For the avoidance of confusion - which there is much - eBay specifically told me to log into my account on eBay.uk and then re-list my items if I want them visible on eBay.uk.

I cannot just opt for the countries I want them listed in.

Why? Only eBay knows, and then I doubt it....

Edited by Mobi

It could be one method of reducing fraud. If a seller with bad intentions has to pay another fee, many probably wont bother. May also be linked to consumer rights in the UK and how paypal/ebay could be liable.

Maybe someone in the know will inform us.

Yes, the point is that I have a Thailand based eBay.com account. On this account my items are also listed in the USA, free of charge.

But for eBay UK, I have to re-list them on eBay.Uk for them to be visible to buyers on eBay.uk. (Unless Uk buyers opt to search eBay.com, in which case they will find my items. Amazon themselves have told me this.)

There is a small listing fee for re-listing on eBay.uk, whereas the original listing was free.

Interestingly I have just checked on eBay.com.au (Australia) and my items are listed after local items on the search pages, under the general heading items from "eBay International sellers". All my items are there - free of charge! so no need to re-list in Oz.

For the avoidance of confusion - which there is much - eBay specifically told me to log into my account on eBay.uk and then re-list my items if I want them visible on eBay.uk.

I cannot just opt for the countries I want them listed in.

Why? Only eBay knows, and then I doubt it....

If your are appearing under the ebay international sellers on ebay Aus the chances of you getting a sale are remote at best

If you are listing directly on the Thai ebay forget that unless you are targeting Thai users

Either list directly on UK or USA, both have a paid for option called International site visibilty, these means if you list on UK and take the ISV option your items will appear on USA and vice versa

I would also list directly on ebay Aus if you want regular sales on that site

As already stated, a Thai based eBay account lists items as though I were in the USA and my items can be seen clearly in any search on eBay USA, so I do not need to re-list there. In fact I have already sold something to an American based buyer.

I am now also listing additionally on eBay.uk for a small fee.

As far as Oz is concerned, I take darrendsd's point, but using a reasonably targeted search on eBay.co.au, my items are shown on the first page of the search, albeit underneath the local items.

I think it depends on what you are selling - i.e. how many people are selling similar items - as to whether your items will get hidden on page 20....All my stuff is handmade in Thailand, so maybe not too many people in Oz will be selling them. Anyway I'll do some more research and think about this.

Slowly getting there, and thanks for the replies.