Looking For Stable Dsl Connection.

Lorin

Guys, I'm sick of True. Want to install another company DSL on my other line. Please advise on best package available. I know it gonna be expensive, but I must stable upload and download.Thanks.

Any corporate (not SME) package will probably do. Of course, it will probably be more than 10-20k baht/month, and the max speed will only be around 512k-1024k. But speeds will be guaranteed, and you won't be sharing the bandwidth with anyone (or very few).

Can't really tell you the exact prices, since most ISPs don't advertise their corporate pricing online.

SME packages won't satisfy you, since they're only marginally more expensive than home packages, and are only slightly different in use. They still have quite a bit of contention (sharing), and so there will be times when your speed will go down.

I know this thread is kind of old, but FWIW, I'm pretty happy with Jasmine (http://www.ji-net.com/). I use their commercial 256/256 ADSL service at work which I think we pay 6,000 baht/month for, and also use a cheaper service of theirs at home. I've been a customer for several years now.

They have special techs for the commercial service and respond very quickly to requests for assistance but really we rarely have to contact them. There have been no outages at all for at least 6 months. Prior to that we had them, but they always said it was a TT&T problem (not sure if they offer service for True lines or not) and I believe them. Outages rarely lasted more than a hour.

Peter

Guys, I'm sick of True. Want to install another company DSL on my other line. Please advise on best package available. I know it gonna be expensive, but I must stable upload and download.Thanks.

I dumped ji-net about a year ago. Too slow, many major outages (smtp down, gateway timeouts trying to hit web sites, and consistently the worst pings I have ever seen). They at times just didn't respond to problem reports; they showed no interest in whether it worked or not and sure didn't show any signs of wanting to improve. I switched to true which also has problems and they routinely ignore support requests (the support model in Thailand seems to be ignore, ignore, ignore until it goes away), but true is cheaper . My thinking is if you have to buy something that doesn't work, may as well spend as little as possible. I am now very skeptical when someone says they know an ADSL package that actually works well.

Hunt through this forum and you will find good and bad reports on just about every ISP in Thailand :o

Personally, I'm using the 'commercial' package from KSC, B1900 for a 512/256 link. Not the cheapest but it does seem reliable, in 18 months I've called support maybe 10 times, fair English spoken, always fixed with a router reboot.

In fact my router is now rebooted at 4AM every morning courtesy of a 300 Baht timeswitch, touch wood I've had no downtime since installing it.

I get pretty well full bandwidth most of the time, Torrents buzz along at 480k or so, throttle the torrent and radio streaming / surfing will push things back to near 500k.

The thing about different users is that there are different standards on what's a decent broadband connection and what is unacceptable. For a lot of people, "faster than 56k" is all that's required for a "good" broadband connection. For others, like me, "advertised speed", no packet shaping, and very little or no downtime are required.

I really think that a lot of the people who've come in and recommended their ISPs have not actually given much though to the posters requirements: stable download and upload. *No* consumer package has that. None. Nada. That's why he's asking for a company package, and willing to pay for it.

TOT cyber gold which is 1028/512 or 256 I think is under 1000 a month

I have been using TOT Cybergold since November last year. (Exactly 1,000 baht/month). I have no complaints.

Same here. Only temporary problem I had was changing a setting but it's always been fast and never been disconnected.

Checking the physical state of the phoneline is a must. Many thought they were getting crappy service when the actual phone line was to blame.

The thing about different users is that there are different standards on what's a decent broadband connection and what is unacceptable. For a lot of people, "faster than 56k" is all that's required for a "good" broadband connection. For others, like me, "advertised speed", no packet shaping, and very little or no downtime are required.

I really think that a lot of the people who've come in and recommended their ISPs have not actually given much though to the posters requirements: stable download and upload. *No* consumer package has that. None. Nada. That's why he's asking for a company package, and willing to pay for it.

I do agree 100% with your assertions.

But I don't see the OP asking for a corporate package or indicating that he is willing to pay 10-20k for same :o