Suthep: too early to lobby for a neutral premier

webfact

Suthep: too early to lobby for a neutral premier
By Digital Content

13957302808344.jpg

BANGKOK, March 25 – Anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban said today that he had never approached anyone to assume the interim premiership as the time is not ripe for the move.

The secretary general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) said the PDRC will not join talks with the Election Commission (EC) on the resolution of Thailand’s political conflicts.

Pro-government group of United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) or Red Shirts leader Nattawut Saikua has disclosed a list of people whom he claimed were candidates for an interim prime minister to replace Ms Yingluck Shinawatra in case she is indicted in connection with the rice pledging scheme.

Mr Suthep said the PDRC has never approached anyone to become an interim prime minister and the Red Shirt’s list of names derived from its own imagination.

“We haven’t moved to that process as we have yet to remove the Thaksin regime. The prime minister must resign after which a search for a neutral premier will start,” he said.

The former deputy prime minister said the PDRC will definitely not attend any negotiation except for a face-to-face talk with the prime minister broadcast live on television.

The PDRC has stressed its stand for national reform before an election, he said, adding that a new general election will be useless given voters’ poor response to the Senate’s advance election on Sunday.

The Constitution Court has annulled the Feb 2 general election, compelling the EC to organise new balloting nationwide. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-25

“We haven’t moved to that process as we have yet to remove the Thaksin regime. The prime minister must resign after which a search for a neutral premier will start,” he said.

Just for some thick heads to understand.

Better late than never.

• Like 2

Nobody will like his choice so he won't reveal it.

Ditto the real reforms he wants.

Not one single TV poster would support this crap in their home countries - not a single one of you.

If my government was being run, remotely, by a convicted fugative whos sister was 'running' the country, with obvious under-hand and possibly illegal methods, bankrupting the country with failed populist policies and allowing a seperatist movement to declare an armed civil movement against the courts of the land if they removed the failed PM then i would be stood alongside this guy shouting for reforms at the top of my lungs.

So, as with most of your posts, the one quoted above is full of smelly, slimey brown stuff.

Hear hear. HonestQuietBob is anything but honest. Or quiet.

• Like 2

Perhaps he's keeping PDRC "intellectual" former Senator, former Thammasat Law Lecturer and member of the committee to investigate Thaksin after the coup, the non partisan, Kaewsan Atibhodi, under wraps as he doesn't want to unveil his secret nomination for interim PM too soon. This is a speech of his from the stage last night

Firstly, whenever the Redshirts, whether as a force within their party, an armed group, or a mass [rally], dare come and put a knife at the neck of the NACC, the Court or Bangkokians, and say ‘Don’t move while we continue to rape you!’, whenever it comes to that point, there’s no need for any election. Declare martial law and quash/suppress them. Quash/suppress them! Enough, enough. Enough of this repeated [aggression?].

[They] reject the power of the Court, reject the law, insult and abuse, make corruption, issue laws for themselves. Again and again. In other countries, they would have all been shot f**king dead. That leaves just us, standing right here. Whenever it comes to that point, they say they’ll come on April 5, I say there’s no other way out. If the cancer is this aggressive, it calls for surgery. Declare martial law. Take care of them.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/120894/pdrc-intellectual-kaewsan-we-will-quash-the-reds-if-they-protest/

Bet that had the grannies blowing their whistles, and shaking their clappers till their colostomy bags burst.

Suthep has clearly embraced Abhisit's proposal for a live TV debate with Yingluck. The country wants to see it. In fact, they're thirsting for it. Even the Thai TV dramas would lose their ratings in the event of that. Everybody wants to see it - everybody, of course, except Pheu Thai, who know Yingluck would be a positive, national embarrassment. Pheu Thai will undoubtedly shoot it down, or suggest Suthep debate Ko Tee, but the Thai people would absolutely love to see it. A snap poll should be taken on this suggestion alone. I can't imagine a Thai person anywhere who wouldn't want to see it. Abhisit's suggestion also for a referendum to give public ascent for moving forward on reform discussions could be the very breakthrough we've been looking for. PDRC want reform, and Pheu Thai " claims " that it wants reform. Put it to a public test. A referendum is the middle way, and the clear solution to bridge the two sides. Pheu Thai will shoot that down too, of course. Why ? They really don't want reform - unsurprisingly. And the last time they promised it in 2011 was followed by you know what.

This is politics, its not about who comes best across on a national tv debate. Look at Tony Blair, he was a near unparalleled debater and look where he took the country. Would George Bush have stood across the tv studio and debated with the head of the tea party?

Just because someone might come across well on a televised debate does not mean they would make a good leader of the country, there is far more to it to that.

I would agree on a referendum on reform though, but i imagine this idea would be shot down sharpish by the PDRC as well.

Yingluck is obviously not a great orator, but many a PM or President are not, nor is she a successful PM, but many are not. It does not mean you completely overthrow the system in place. I agree radical changes need to be made, i agree radical reform is needed, i dont agree with handing the duty of reform to an old codger of Democratic persuasion who has no inkling of modern day reality, or giving the choice of that person to a well known corrupt person with affiliations to another corrupt party.

Surely Suthep, with transparency, cronyism and corruption being his key words would practice what he preaches and name the persons he thinks neutral. If you were to have a referendum, surely you would need the choices anyway?

• Like 1

Perhaps he's keeping PDRC "intellectual" former Senator, former Thammasat Law Lecturer and member of the committee to investigate Thaksin after the coup, the non partisan, Kaewsan Atibhodi, under wraps as he doesn't want to unveil his secret nomination for interim PM too soon. This is a speech of his from the stage last night

Firstly, whenever the Redshirts, whether as a force within their party, an armed group, or a mass [rally], dare come and put a knife at the neck of the NACC, the Court or Bangkokians, and say ‘Don’t move while we continue to rape you!’, whenever it comes to that point, there’s no need for any election. Declare martial law and quash/suppress them. Quash/suppress them! Enough, enough. Enough of this repeated [aggression?].

[They] reject the power of the Court, reject the law, insult and abuse, make corruption, issue laws for themselves. Again and again. In other countries, they would have all been shot f**king dead. That leaves just us, standing right here. Whenever it comes to that point, they say they’ll come on April 5, I say there’s no other way out. If the cancer is this aggressive, it calls for surgery. Declare martial law. Take care of them.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/120894/pdrc-intellectual-kaewsan-we-will-quash-the-reds-if-they-protest/

Bet that had the grannies blowing their whistles, and shaking their clappers till their colostomy bags burst.

So, under the conditions Suthep listed you'd simple let the red-shirts run amok again? Lay down and enjoy it?

Still what you might want to remember is that Suthep said it to be too early to talk about a possible neutral PM. When he changes his mind and starts talking about it in the live discussion on television with Ms. Yingluck you may call him on it rolleyes.gif

Suthep has clearly embraced Abhisit's proposal for a live TV debate with Yingluck. The country wants to see it. In fact, they're thirsting for it. Even the Thai TV dramas would lose their ratings in the event of that. Everybody wants to see it - everybody, of course, except Pheu Thai, who know Yingluck would be a positive, national embarrassment. Pheu Thai will undoubtedly shoot it down, or suggest Suthep debate Ko Tee, but the Thai people would absolutely love to see it. A snap poll should be taken on this suggestion alone. I can't imagine a Thai person anywhere who wouldn't want to see it. Abhisit's suggestion also for a referendum to give public ascent for moving forward on reform discussions could be the very breakthrough we've been looking for. PDRC want reform, and Pheu Thai " claims " that it wants reform. Put it to a public test. A referendum is the middle way, and the clear solution to bridge the two sides. Pheu Thai will shoot that down too, of course. Why ? They really don't want reform - unsurprisingly. And the last time they promised it in 2011 was followed by you know what.

This is politics, its not about who comes best across on a national tv debate. Look at Tony Blair, he was a near unparalleled debater and look where he took the country. Would George Bush have stood across the tv studio and debated with the head of the tea party?

Just because someone might come across well on a televised debate does not mean they would make a good leader of the country, there is far more to it to that.

I would agree on a referendum on reform though, but i imagine this idea would be shot down sharpish by the PDRC as well.

Yingluck is obviously not a great orator, but many a PM or President are not, nor is she a successful PM, but many are not. It does not mean you completely overthrow the system in place. I agree radical changes need to be made, i agree radical reform is needed, i dont agree with handing the duty of reform to an old codger of Democratic persuasion who has no inkling of modern day reality, or giving the choice of that person to a well known corrupt person with affiliations to another corrupt party.

Surely Suthep, with transparency, cronyism and corruption being his key words would practice what he preaches and name the persons he thinks neutral. If you were to have a referendum, surely you would need the choices anyway?

When the time is right people will be named and I would even assume all parties will name a few till we have a few dozen and don't know who to choose. Maybe the King will have to speak out before a single person is accepted.

• Like 1

When the time is right people will be named and I would even assume all parties will name a few till we have a few dozen and don't know who to choose. Maybe the King will have to speak out before a single person is accepted.

Don't be ridiculous. Sadly the time for that has long since passed.

Don't be ridiculous. Sadly the time for that has long since passed.

Well, Ms. Yingluck insisted that she would step down if only she could, or die for the country if needed, but the law, the constitution, her brother and so. More foot dragging, delays, obfuscation, blame the others, etc.

• Like 1

Just for some thick heads to understand.

Better late than never.

wouldn't a logical thing to do now or in the previous 4 months do precisely as Suthep has NOT done.. Search for a suitable neutral candidate.. Oops sorry can't do that as he has no freedom of speech on this matter when he won't attend court as has Abhisit today done so and possibly because there may not be one? Abhisit can do the right thing, why can't Suthep and Yingluck. Just questions people...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not one single TV poster would support this crap in their home countries - not a single one of you.

Of course not. Who likes to have a mad man in your home country. Anyone that would stop people from voting in a western country would get many years in prison

• Like 1

Maybe because. just MAY BE ... we do not need it ion our home countries. If we had such corrupt evil empire builders such as they do here I would say we WOULD BE doing and accepting what Sutthep is doing and says.

May I remind you of the protests in MANY western countries that have changed politics?

Vietnam people marches

Bringing down the Berlin wall

Just a Few of the SMALL things.

Now go back to sleep please.

Maybe because. just MAY BE ... we do not need it ion our home countries. If we had such corrupt evil empire builders such as they do here I would say we WOULD BE doing and accepting what Sutthep is doing and says.

May I remind you of the protests in MANY western countries that have changed politics?

Vietnam people marches

Bringing down the Berlin wall

Just a Few of the SMALL things.

Now go back to sleep please.

So you would be all for Rupert Murdoch inspired revolution?

This opportunist Suthep is waiting for the right moment to designate his favorite candidate.. Isn't it clear to you Thai what he is doing? He is trying to make over the system by his hand picking instead of voting by popular vote. Suthep is taking you far back into the dark now Thais. Don't you see it? The Thai press here, The Nation, is providing a platform for him. They are not advocating free democracy, on vote for all, equal before the law and all laws. Thai, please see what is happening to your country with Suthep here. It is no longer about purging Thaksin, it is about a new unelected insider assuming command and writing their own self centered agenda. Don't let Suthep sucker you in.

If my government was being run, remotely, by a convicted fugative whos sister was 'running' the country, with obvious under-hand and possibly illegal methods, bankrupting the country with failed populist policies and allowing a seperatist movement to declare an armed civil movement against the courts of the land if they removed the failed PM then i would be stood alongside this guy shouting for reforms at the top of my lungs.

So, as with most of your posts, the one quoted above is full of smelly, slimey brown stuff.

And almost anyone who is at least honest would do a better job. We have the most silly, most corrupt PM in history, any random somchai from the street will be at least either less corrupt or less silly.

You think Suthep is top of the class in debating? I wouldn't be surprised if she beat him hands down.

• Like 1

Hear hear. HonestQuietBob is anything but honest. Or quiet.

I don't think Bob is the full shilling either. wink.png

So, under the conditions Suthep listed you'd simple let the red-shirts run amok again? Lay down and enjoy it?

Still what you might want to remember is that Suthep said it to be too early to talk about a possible neutral PM. When he changes his mind and starts talking about it in the live discussion on television with Ms. Yingluck you may call him on it rolleyes.gif

"So, under the conditions Suthep listed you'd simple let the red-shirts run amok again? Lay down and enjoy it?"

Wrong thread rubl? Whats all that about?

You are nothing but a bloody looser. Bring it on, would be just what TAT need.

"When the time is right people will be named". Right ho, any chance in this bright new future that the people will be allowed to decide, you know, by voting for candidates who present themselves for election?

Or will it be the case that the right people will name the right people when the time is right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You think Suthep is top of the class in debating? I wouldn't be surprised if she beat him hands down.

Well he wouldn't debate would he, he would shout at her until she was in tears. That would be acclaimed as a great victory by many on TV. I wander if it would be as well received by the electorate, or perhaps I should say the ex electorate, as voting on who is going to run the country is not part of the plan!

Well he wouldn't debate would he, he would shout at her until she was in tears. That would be acclaimed as a great victory by many on TV. I wander if it would be as well received by the electorate, or perhaps I should say the ex electorate, as voting on who is going to run the country is not part of the plan!

They would need a good moderator. Neither should be allowed to shout or bandy personal insults. But, she would have to answer questions. Not answers from an agreed list of questions that had been prepared i.e not reading someone else's script. This would show if she has the knowledge that you would expect the caretaker PM/DM to have. As she hardly ever bothered to attend parliament or even meeting she was supposed to chair then it's doubtful she would have a clue what he was talking about.

Thai at Heart - are you serious? She has no idea what goes on, and has shown that on many occasions. Trips, preferably overseas, photo ops and repeating certain phrases whilst babbling in incomprehensible English or speaking not particularly good Thai.

PTP i.e. Thaksin will never allow this. She would loose too much face and be laughed at and he won't let the family be ridiculed. The first time she was asked something difficult - like about illegal passport issuing, cheating in parliament, or lies about rice scheme details she would just fold up.

It would be interesting to question Suthep on the detail of his much vaunted reforms too. YL hasn't got the ability to do this, but a good moderator would.

They would need a good moderator. Neither should be allowed to shout or bandy personal insults. But, she would have to answer questions. Not answers from an agreed list of questions that had been prepared i.e not reading someone else's script. This would show if she has the knowledge that you would expect the caretaker PM/DM to have. As she hardly ever bothered to attend parliament or even meeting she was supposed to chair then it's doubtful she would have a clue what he was talking about.

Thai at Heart - are you serious? She has no idea what goes on, and has shown that on many occasions. Trips, preferably overseas, photo ops and repeating certain phrases whilst babbling in incomprehensible English or speaking not particularly good Thai.

PTP i.e. Thaksin will never allow this. She would loose too much face and be laughed at and he won't let the family be ridiculed. The first time she was asked something difficult - like about illegal passport issuing, cheating in parliament, or lies about rice scheme details she would just fold up.

It would be interesting to question Suthep on the detail of his much vaunted reforms too. YL hasn't got the ability to do this, but a good moderator would.

I think you underestimate her at your peril. She might be no Einstein but you really think Suthep is some political genius. If he was a genius, he wouldn't be acting like a complete hypocrite.

Blowing a hole in Suthep reform plan can be done in a trice because it is non democratic. Simplest question "why trust you, you are a proven corrupt politician."

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Suthep would out shout her.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know - let's hold an election if you want national engagement. Oh, wait, Suthep needs to gain control of the Government first through his People's Committee to implement his "reforms" so that he can gurantee election of Democrats to control parliament.

"Suthep has clearly embraced Abhisit's proposal for a live TV debate with Yingluck." It was Suthep that first made this proposal. Having now Abhisit repeat the proposal as his own is just a poorly disguised effort to distance Suthep from controlling the meeting with Yingluck. If Suthep seriously wants a meeting with Yingluck for the sake of reforms, all charges against the government and Yingluck need to be dropped in order to provide a nuetral basis for discussion; and perhaps the Government might be willing to reciprocate.