Any Thais here on Thai visa dot com?

infinity11

Sorry 4 the hijack. I have been coming here since 1984 for holidays and business a couple times a year. Have been living here 14 years now. Do speak and read descent Thai. In Europe or North America I would have been a citizen already and not via the very hard procedure they have here.

Send from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

I am Thai.

Got here by randomly searching for how foreigners think of Thailand and Thai people.

I don't usually comment but I do read quite often, get offended by some negative generalizations which are not 100% truth, sad for the those who have been harmed or taken advantages of by some Thais, and happy to see some good perspectives about this country.

I signed up in the hope that I could give some useful insight, perspective or advice as a local.. though I haven't had the chance to do that since I've been busy with my studies.

So what is why you are only interested in "good perspectives"? Why don't you want to know the dark side of your wonderful country? Why do you feel offended when people talk about their experiences?

• Like 1

sawadee krap khun thai wai.gif

sawbadee mai?

kit arrii thai visa?

what do you think of thia visa forums?

do you use them?

for what?

now your turn

what do you think about farang???

time to turn the tables!

What is arrii?

Glad to know some Thai people are on this forum. Hopefully they realize a lot of us just need a place to vent, and mean no harm. My guess is that many of us have a great deal of affection, love, and respect for the Thai people. Personally I adore most Thais. I think they have some remarkable qualities. Yes, they are so different from us. Sometimes this place feels like another planet. And sometimes that is a big source of frustration. But that is part of what I love about it. I wake up every day and am really glad to be here. The Thai people are a big part of that, for me.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would you like to list those qualities ?

Glad to know some Thai people are on this forum. Hopefully they realize a lot of us just need a place to vent, and mean no harm. My guess is that many of us have a great deal of affection, love, and respect for the Thai people. Personally I adore most Thais. I think they have some remarkable qualities. Yes, they are so different from us. Sometimes this place feels like another planet. And sometimes that is a big source of frustration. But that is part of what I love about it. I wake up every day and am really glad to be here. The Thai people are a big part of that, for me.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Yes. But my guess is that if you do not know them, you may have picked the wrong country to live in.

1. Incredible patience. Have you ever watched a waitress at a restaurant wait for you to make up your mind on your food selection? I have been told off by waiters in the US, for taking too long to select.

2. Positivity. Most Thais wake up in the morning determined to have a great day. I see clerks sitting around shops on a very slow day, laughing, playing cards, and just carrying on. Usually in very good cheer. A delightful thing to witness. The attitude of the average Thai person is one of the reasons I live here. Exceptionally good. Even in Bangkok, people are mostly of good cheer. I certainly do not see that in American or European capitals.

3. Helpful. I have had many Thai people really go out of their way to help me from time to time.

4. Kind. I have taken many trips throughout the country, and most people I run into are pleasant, kind, and cheerful. Not like in Vietnam, where most are dour, unpleasant, and pissy. And it is the opposite of Vietnam here. The further you go out into the country, the more pleasant the people get here. I do not get the impression that people have a chip on their shoulders, and they definitely do in places like Vietnam. There, it feels like they are carrying around two centuries of misery everywhere they go, every day of their lives. Not so here.

5. Lack of anger. With a few exceptions, I am always amazed at how cool most Thais are. They just keep their cool. Unruffled most of the time. Not like in the West where the tiniest little thing sets people off.

6. Honesty. I know a lot are going to take exception to this, but I have found a lot of Thai people who go out of their way to be honest.

I could go on and on.

7. Humor. It takes so little to get most Thai people to laugh. They have an amazing sense of humor.

8. Along those lines, Thais are some of the most lighthearted people I have ever run into. Makes them delightful to be around. Where else do you find this quality? Very few countries on this planet, in my opinion.

Anyway, as you can see, I was serious about what I said, about really liking and admiring the Thai people. But, I would suggest if you are not aware of the many good qualities the Thai people have, or do not appreciate them, maybe this is not the right country for you? Or maybe you have just been here too long?

• Like 1

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Yes. But my guess is that if you do not know them, you may have picked the wrong country to live in.

1. Incredible patience. Have you ever watched a waitress at a restaurant wait for you to make up your mind on your food selection? I have been told off by waiters in the US, for taking too long to select.

2. Positivity. Most Thais wake up in the morning determined to have a great day. I see clerks sitting around shops on a very slow day, laughing, playing cards, and just carrying on. Usually in very good cheer. A delightful thing to witness. The attitude of the average Thai person is one of the reasons I live here. Exceptionally good. Even in Bangkok, people are mostly of good cheer. I certainly do not see that in American or European capitals.

3. Helpful. I have had many Thai people really go out of their way to help me from time to time.

4. Kind. I have taken many trips throughout the country, and most people I run into are pleasant, kind, and cheerful. Not like in Vietnam, where most are dour, unpleasant, and pissy. And it is the opposite of Vietnam here. The further you go out into the country, the more pleasant the people get here. I do not get the impression that people have a chip on their shoulders, and they definitely do in places like Vietnam. There, it feels like they are carrying around two centuries of misery everywhere they go, every day of their lives. Not so here.

5. Lack of anger. With a few exceptions, I am always amazed at how cool most Thais are. They just keep their cool. Unruffled most of the time. Not like in the West where the tiniest little thing sets people off.

6. Honesty. I know a lot are going to take exception to this, but I have found a lot of Thai people who go out of their way to be honest.

I could go on and on.

7. Humor. It takes so little to get most Thai people to laugh. They have an amazing sense of humor.

8. Along those lines, Thais are some of the most lighthearted people I have ever run into. Makes them delightful to be around. Where else do you find this quality? Very few countries on this planet, in my opinion.

Anyway, as you can see, I was serious about what I said, about really liking and admiring the Thai people. But, I would suggest if you are not aware of the many good qualities the Thai people have, or do not appreciate them, maybe this is not the right country for you? Or maybe you have just been here too long?

Priceless , truly priceless .

Let me know once you get in touch with reality

• Like 1

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

I could go on and on.

He must be working for the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

I could go on and on.

He must be working for the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

Maybe he just enjoys his life, and likes it here in the LOS. Have you ever imagined such a thing?

Spidermike007

Or he is ignoring the fact that things are not as rosy as described. Why are you misleading people mate?

How am I misleading anyone, by describing things as I see them? If anything accuse me of having a positive outlook on this place. Is there something wrong with that? I have a very good life here. I have an amazing Thai woman, who has qualities I can only dream about having. I realize this forum is a place where we all like to come and vent. And I do my share of venting here. I will be the first to admit that I have my share of complaints, about this place. But, that is not what that post was about. That post was about what I like about the people here. Is that so hard for some of you to absorb? Is it that difficult to admit that the Thai people have some very good qualities? And if you do not think that is the case, why on earth would you want to surround yourself on a daily basis, with people you do not like? I consider life a little too short to do something like that.

So, am I entitled to my positive opinion of the Thai people, without being accused of misleading people, or working for the tourism authority?

• Like 1

Or he is ignoring the fact that things are not as rosy as described. Why are you misleading people mate?

How am I misleading anyone, by describing things as I see them? If anything accuse me of having a positive outlook on this place. Is there something wrong with that? I have a very good life here. I have an amazing Thai woman, who has qualities I can only dream about having. I realize this forum is a place where we all like to come and vent. And I do my share of venting here. I will be the first to admit that I have my share of complaints, about this place. But, that is not what that post was about. That post was about what I like about the people here. Is that so hard for some of you to absorb? Is it that difficult to admit that the Thai people have some very good qualities? And if you do not think that is the case, why on earth would you want to surround yourself on a daily basis, with people you do not like? I consider life a little too short to do something like that.

So, am I entitled to my positive opinion of the Thai people, without being accused of misleading people, or working for the tourism authority?

Hi, I am 100% Thai and be accused as a troll in every single thread and comment I posted here. That is why not so many Thai in TVF.

I had spent 2years in UP, USA. There are good and not so good people as well. Mirror has two sides. They are good and bad people everywhere.

It's sad to know that people are not optimistic. I hardly see positive saying about Thais here. I don't take it personal as it depends on each person's experiences.

You are not misleading anyone. You just share your experiences which you are blessing to have good ones. There are people who are not lucky as you so it's too good to be true.

I am not trying to offended anyone here. I guess it depends on how you guys experienced your life here in Thailand. It's all good abs bad wherever you are. Just keep your mind open if you could.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

You simply ignore many people and their opposing experiences. You state something ridiculous. How many countries have you lived in??

I have spoken to many Thais who have lives abroad and they all have different opinions to yours. Why is that????

You simply ignore many people and their opposing experiences. You state something ridiculous. How many countries have you lived in??

I have spoken to many Thais who have lives abroad and they all have different opinions to yours. Why is that????

I have lived abroad in a few different countries, for many years. And yes, you are right. I do ignore many experiences. I CHOOSE to ignore them. I choose to create my own happiness. I choose to dwell on only certain things. I consider it to be a form of self empowerment. I realize not everyone is capable of that. If I chose to live in the sewer by keeping my mind on only bad experiences, I would be unhappy, and I would hate it here too. Life gives us many choices. I have made mine. And my daily fulfillment, that I feel as a result of this, is something tangible, and very enjoyable for me. How is what I am stating in any way ridiculous? Because it differs from your negative view of the Thai people? Is that critical judgment? Is that scientific thinking on any level?

Hi, I am 100% Thai and be accused as a troll in every single thread and comment I posted here. That is why not so many Thai in TVF.

I had spent 2years in UP, USA. There are good and not so good people as well. Mirror has two sides. They are good and bad people everywhere.

It's sad to know that people are not optimistic. I hardly see positive saying about Thais here. I don't take it personal as it depends on each person's experiences.

You are not misleading anyone. You just share your experiences which you are blessing to have good ones. There are people who are not lucky as you so it's too good to be true.

I am not trying to offended anyone here. I guess it depends on how you guys experienced your life here in Thailand. It's all good abs bad wherever you are. Just keep your mind open if you could.

Nice post. Thanks for that. It seems there are a lot of Thai haters on this forum. I am surprised at just the level of venom leveled at me today for posting something about my positive experiences on here. My guess is that many of these sour grapes would hate the people no matter where they lived, as they are creating a bit of a living hell in their own minds and hearts. Oh well. Glad you do not take it personally. I have met and know a lot of wonderful Thais. I love how well you guys get along with each other, and the level of camaraderie you share with each other, especially with strangers. I do not find that in the US, where I am from. There is little sense of goodwill toward other Americans.

Nice post. Thanks for that. It seems there are a lot of Thai haters on this forum. I am surprised at just the level of venom leveled at me today for posting something about my positive experiences on here. My guess is that many of these sour grapes would hate the people no matter where they lived, as they are creating a bit of a living hell in their own minds and hearts. Oh well. Glad you do not take it personally. I have met and know a lot of wonderful Thais. I love how well you guys get along with each other, and the level of camaraderie you share with each other, especially with strangers. I do not find that in the US, where I am from. There is little sense of goodwill toward other Americans.

Honestly I almost lost it few times. My hand was shaking and I was mad. But I clam myself down. Many people encouraging me here and suggested me to ignore those negative ones.

"You can't change attitude people have towards you, you only can change your attitude towards them"

Cheers!

• Like 2

Honestly I almost lost it few times. My hand was shaking and I was mad. But I clam myself down. Many people encouraging me here and suggested me to ignore those negative ones.

"You can't change attitude people have towards you, you only can change your attitude towards them"

Cheers!

Like I said earlier, I do have my share of complaints. But that was not what this post was about. And the fact that some cannot even admit that the Thai people have a good number of outstanding qualities says so much about their attitudes, their dispositions, and their general lack of affection for their hosts. You should be encouraged. Many of us feel very positively about your people, your culture, and your beautiful country. Please ignore the sour grapes. They do not count for much.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

• Like 1

I have lived abroad in a few different countries, for many years. And yes, you are right. I do ignore many experiences. I CHOOSE to ignore them. I choose to create my own happiness. I choose to dwell on only certain things. I consider it to be a form of self empowerment. I realize not everyone is capable of that. If I chose to live in the sewer by keeping my mind on only bad experiences, I would be unhappy, and I would hate it here too. Life gives us many choices. I have made mine. And my daily fulfillment, that I feel as a result of this, is something tangible, and very enjoyable for me. How is what I am stating in any way ridiculous? Because it differs from your negative view of the Thai people? Is that critical judgment? Is that scientific thinking on any level?

Because it differs from Thai people's opinions. They would never ever think this.

Actually MissFarmGirl is 100% Thai.

But she's also 100% busy with the newborn TWINS

For those interested, they are now 2 months old (yesterday) and almost troubling the scales @ 5kgs.

So whats their view on all this ?

With somewhere around 60,000,000 people in the country, I would think "their" opinion would be as varied as the foreigner's?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

For those interested, they are now 2 months old (yesterday) and almost troubling the scales @ 5kgs.

With somewhere around 60,000,000 people in the country, I would think "their" opinion would be as varied as the foreigner's?

Sealbash ... attention to detail please ... read my post first.

In Search of Space ... thanks for asking ... amost 6 months old now and loving it!

20140706_165949LR_zps65dfb89c.jpg

• Like 1

Sealbash ... attention to detail please ... read my post first.

In Search of Space ... thanks for asking ... amost 6 months old now and loving it!

20140706_165949LR_zps65dfb89c.jpg

Thank god those children ended up with their mothers good looks! :P

• Like 1