Pattaya Sheep Farm

Jinxy1128

Just get on the motorway #7 out of Pattaya as if you are going to Bangkok,, after about 10 minutes you veer  off onto #36 highway. In a couple of minutes you will see Regency School on your left,,, look across to your right and you will see Pattaya Sheep Farm. Go 2km and make a u-turn and go back to the enterance and follow the sheep signs.

Just get on the motorway #7 out of Pattaya as if you are going to Bangkok,, after about 10 minutes you veer  off onto #36 highway. In a couple of minutes you will see Regency School on your left,,, look across to your right and you will see Pattaya Sheep Farm. Go 2km and make a u-turn and go back to the enterance and follow the sheep signs.

Or you could just keep going about another 1km on the #7 and use the entrance there.

The reason Wonderfarm is so nice is because its owned by a European and he puts in far more to help kids than he receives in pay. The playground is free and he keeps the farm in very good shape. A Thai would just let it all go to shit and charge double for foreigners. That's why Thais are so afraid of open competition - they know they can't compete.

Took my granddaughter to Wonderfarm last week. They are adding new buildings (maybe a restaurant and shop?).

The playground area has suffered from poor maintenance and most of the equipment is broken. In fact, the whole place was a bit of a let down compared to previous visits over the last couple of years, which is a great shame.

Running costs can not be cheap, yet there is hardly anything there to generate an income for the owner (no entrance fee and just coffee/cake/ice cream on sale).

Hopefully, the new buildings are intended to raise some income so that the place can be kept up to scratch. This area needs a few nice family venues.

Back to the original topic - my grandchildren from the UK will be over for a holiday soon so I have put the sheep farm on my list of things to do.

• 4 months later...

Along the same lines as the Sheep Farm, assuming it is still there I can recommend Greta Farm as a great family attraction, - lots do do and see there. Mini-petting zoo with goats, reindeer, sheep, rabbits, guinea pigs etc... Pitch & putt golf course, bicycles for rent, tennis courts, basketball court, kids assault course/obstacle course, trampoline, restaurant and a few nice looking bungalows if you want to stay overnight...

It's been a few months since I went there so i apologize if this info is out of date, but whenever I've been there it's been free entry and you just pay as you go for some of the facilities such as the golf, tennis courts, basketball court and to rent the bicycles.

It's a really nice set-up and I applaud the owners. Any time we go there we try to support their hospitality by dining at the restaurant or at least having drinks at the coffee shop. I would hope others would do the same.

To get there from Pattaya, head South on Sukhumvit towards Sattahip. When you pass Phoenix Golf Course start looking for a fairly major junction with signs telling you to turn left for Wat Yannasangwararam (aka Wat Yan). Turn left here and when you cross over the railway tracks Greta Farm is maybe 500 metres ahead on the right hand side. (If you were to carry straight on this road it would take you to the Wonder Farm and Silverlake.

Approximate map co-ordinates: 12.803613, 100.925532

Hello Viewers!

Well i do have to admit that the " Pattaya Sheep Farm " is seriously cool...... 

If you are thinking that Pattaya is just full of Expats talking about " booze & football " well think again! Far away from all of that " nonsense " is this seriously cool place to " hang out for the day " It's hidden away a bit but you can catch the local bus or take a lovely long walk in the sunshine to get there! Only 50 Baht entrance fee and you will be " amazed by these cute sheep " Are you feeling amazed viewers...? 

I have attached a few photos from my last visit ! 

farang jaidee wai2.gif

" BAAAAAAAAAAAA " ( Sheep Noise ) 

Yeah man, this place is seriously cool, it's sick. I'm actually cruising down there today and just hanging with the fam. Peace.

• Like 1

Was at the Pattaya Sheep Farm yesterday, very good, all nice and clean and tidy, the sirloin steak i had in the Barn restaurant afterwards was excellent!

Do they serve lamb at the Barn steakhouse?

yes 2 hours is great and about enough time and yes lamb is served at The Barn.  A well run and clean commercial enterprise.  I suggest you  have lots of B20's with you for the kids' rides.

After 2 hrs of fun and rides we had lunch in the Barn Steak House

Riding sheep does not sound PC to me...
Does if your Welsh!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do not forget the Aussies...giggle.gif