ED visa to Retirment

Hi everyone

Currently I have an ED visa ,extended every 90 days , (since mid 2012 ) now valid till Apr 22 /2014

As I am over 50 yo I wish to extend my stay based on retirement reason.

I read in this forum i can do it at the immigration with no need to leave the country.

Got the the required 800K in the bank since 2 month already and will present a letter from school regarding termination of studies.

My questions : A , How long before the expiring of the current extension should i go ? (few days are enough?)

B. Will i get a 90 days or 12 month extension?

C. Any other thing to do?

Thank you .

You could apply now as long as the funds are in the bank for 60 days. The extension will be for one year.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming the balance and copies of your bank book to confirm the money is in the bank.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa. entry/permit to stay stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

You may also need proof of residence.

Thank you for the quick and accurate answers

Is 1 week before Apr 22 is ok?

( cant go before the 11th for personal reasons , then it will be songkran)

Utilities / internet / phone bills and a valid Thai driver licence are good enough for proof of residence?

Thank you.

A rental agreement would be the best proof of residence.. What they want will depend upon the office you go to.

If you don't do it on the the 11 th. the next day you could do it would be the 17th (immigration will be closed 14th to 16th).

You can do the extension up to the last day. But it is best to do it early in case of not being able to get it done for some reason.

Letter should be same date you go or a little after would be OK since your extension will be close to ending anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So today I went to immigration office in Lad Prao.

Everything went smooth as detailed above .

Officers were kind and helpful , not much trouble for the documents, except money report which was inspected carefully.

ED visa was 'canceled' and new extension based on retirement starts today , so i 'lost' 10 days of the previous extension .

Lines were long, spent there few hours .

Now i am officially retired ! w00t.gifwai.gif

Edited by Thonson
  • Like 1