Slow Electric Windows

Steps

Hi,

I have a pickup that is about 14 years old. It has 3 slow electric windows (especially going back up) that i want to repair. I have sprayed the runners which has solved the problem. However, as the spay drys up, the windows return to their normal slow selves. So, if when i spary the runners the windows speed up, am i right to assume that i need to order some new window runner, rubbers? I was going to order some motors until the spray solved the problem.

Any ideas or experience is much appreciated.

Thanks

Buy a product called Super lube have seen it in Home pro and Home works also True Value. It's a silicone based lubricant and doesn't gum up like other lubricants. Comes in spray cans and in tubes the tubes would be better but you'd have to remove the door panel to use it properly if that's within your skills the best way to go as it is thicker and will last longer if you can get directly in the tracks, also less mess.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Same damn problem on Vitara must get round to it I borrow a new Isuzu p u sometimes and it's a wonder to me the way I can wind TWO windows the same time three times as fast as ONE on mine.

Vitara a great little car especially the 4WD and leg and headroom but would also like REMOTE door locks and rear TV LIKE THE Isuzu.

Any idea where I could get these in CM?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

If spraying the tracks temporarily fixes the problem, it's not the motors is it? :)

Prime suspect will be the felt lined rubber tracks in the door (which are probably just rubber now), and the sealing rubbers on each side of the window glass. All parts should be easy enough to find, but you might want to save the frustration of installing the new parts to some cheap labor :)

If spraying the tracks temporarily fixes the problem, it's not the motors is it? smile.png

Prime suspect will be the felt lined rubber tracks in the door (which are probably just rubber now), and the sealing rubbers on each side of the window glass. All parts should be easy enough to find, but you might want to save the frustration of installing the new parts to some cheap labor smile.png

Yes but what is the problem is if he's spraying with WD40 or something similar that's going to make it worse as it attacks rubber. If not your advice then the lubricant I recommend is best as it does not attack rubber.

The only way to lubricate the runners properly is to remove the door panels to access

the whole runner length which starts at the bottom of the inside of the door.

Light grease is the best lubricant usually white in colour as used by the factory in production.

At the same time all the moving mechanism can also be accessed for lubrication.

• Like 1

The only way to lubricate the runners properly is to remove the door panels to access

the whole runner length which starts at the bottom of the inside of the door.

Light grease is the best lubricant usually white in colour as used by the factory in production.

At the same time all the moving mechanism can also be accessed for lubrication.

Yep this is my advice too, the lubricant I recommend is clear and is light and stays that way, it never gets thick or gooey.

It's true that silicone has a habit of getting around surfaces you don't end it.

It was banned from a boatyard I used to live.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Eh?? blink.png

Possibly the silicon spray was wafting through the air and landing on surfaces it should not. like ready prepped fiberglass molds which then creates surface imperfection in the finished product.

• Like 1