non immigrant visa B and O

Hello,My husband is on tourist visa but he wants to get his first non immigrant visa B and start as executive chef for one resort in Koh Samui.

What paperwork would he need/from employer,etc./?what do we need as his family/wife and 3kids/ for non immigrant visa O?

how much are visa and visa run?what's the best place to go?/kotaburi,penang,etc?/

Thanks a mill for your help!!

I appreciate it.

He will need a letter of approval for a work permit application before he can apply for the visa. His employer will need to supply the other documents needed.

The general requirements for the visa can be found here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Penang would probably be the best place to apply for the visa.

You may be able to get a single entry non-o for yourself and family when he applies for his visa. But they may not do it until he obtains and extension of stay at immigration.You will need your marriage and birth certificates. If not in English they will need to be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

• Like 1

I am no exert in his area but your husbands employer should know exactly what is required for both the necessary work permit and the visa. If they do not know expect problems.

One of te experts will be along soon to provide detail.

• Like 1

I am no exert in his area but your husbands employer should know exactly what is required for both the necessary work permit and the visa. If they do not know expect problems.

One of te experts will be along soon to provide detail.

In my experience employers, unfortunately, are often pretty far from being clued up as to WP and Visa issues/processes, however the job itself may be fine in the end.

So it's definitely best to elicit a second opinion.

WP application first (use form TT1 if already in Thailand or TT3 if still outside of the country, then Letter of Approval, then single entry 90 day non immigrant 'b' visa application, then return to Thailand collect WP and start work.

Visa application papers as per Mario's MFA Link.
Penang is a pleasant trip, Khota Bharu is a strict Islamic town, so the consulate is closed Fri, Sat and Thai/Malay Public Holidays but open Sundays.
  • Like 1

Thanks all:-)we went to kota bharu with Herbert and I prepared all documents.I got 1 year non immigrant O visa and my husband 3 months single entry non B.the next step is work permit,HR was telling me that office in Suratthani is closed so she will need to send it to BKK..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks all:-)we went to kota bharu with Herbert and I prepared all documents.I got 1 year non immigrant O visa and my husband 3 months single entry non B.the next step is work permit,HR was telling me that office in Suratthani is closed so she will need to send it to BKK..

A one year non immigrant O visa ?

Are you sure and on what basis was that obtained ?

Edited by thepool
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yes I'm sure..it's written in my passport:-)

I'm wife and my husband will be working soon...I just got documents from Herbert's website

I'm wife and my husband will be working soon...I just got documents from Herbert's website

Good !

Are you able to scan and post that one year visa

It would be informative and helpful to many.

Thanks

• Like 1

Good !

Are you able to scan and post that one year visa

It would be informative and helpful to many.

Thanks

scan and post?why?if someone wants more details pls contact me anytime:-)

Why be shy ?

Just scan and post the visa for everyone to see .

Many have scanned and posted images from passports such as visas and extensions of stay so I do not understand the problem

Edited by thepool
  • Like 1

Why be shy ?

Many have scanned and posted images from passports such as visas and extensions of stay so I do not understand the problem

Well I like my privacy and if someone needs a help,there is no problem at all.

Why be shy ?

Well I like my privacy and if someone needs a help,there is no problem at all.

Everyone is entitled to their privacy .

It easy to obscure any personal detail.