Farang Juristic Person Manager-No Work Permit

Contributors to this forum have often referred to a Farang JPM. In all cases the JPM has no work permit.

I posed the Q on the new 'Ask the Lawyer a Question ' forum and the answer was very clear.

Paid or unpaid it is illegal for a Condo to have a Farang JPM who has no permit to work.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713494-farang-juristic-person-manager/#entry7612448

I suspect that there is some illegality out there.

Our bldg. had a farang JPM. He was arrested, jailed and had to pay Bt.100,000 bail. There was some question of him being deported. Like many things over the years we owners were not informed of the details and conclusion, but he hasn't been deported.

I've mentioned before that - even tho this is not mandated in the Thai Condo Act - the JPM really ought to be a Thai citizen. Work permission, fluency in the Thai language and familiarity with Thai law are essential for the job. Very rare to find a farang with these qualifications. It bothered me until our farang JPM was arrested, then I realized that in most cases any jPM other than a Thai is a non-starter.

Our bldg. had a farang JPM. He was arrested, jailed and had to pay Bt.100,000 bail. There was some question of him being deported. Like many things over the years we owners were not informed of the details and conclusion, but he hasn't been deported.

I've mentioned before that - even tho this is not mandated in the Thai Condo Act - the JPM really ought to be a Thai citizen. Work permission, fluency in the Thai language and familiarity with Thai law are essential for the job. Very rare to find a farang with these qualifications. It bothered me until our farang JPM was arrested, then I realized that in most cases any jPM other than a Thai is a non-starter.

The need for a W.P has nothing to do with the Condo Act. It is everything to do with Immigration law.

Who arrested your Farang JPM?

What was the outcome ?