Thavorn: PDRC has no personal grudges against Shinawatra family

webfact

Thavorn: PDRC has no personal grudges against Shinawatra family

3-27-2014-11-48-38-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) has no personal grudges against the Shinawatra family but merely oppose the return of the Thaksin regime.

Former Democrat MP and a key member of the PDRC, Thavorn Senniam, charged that the Thaksin regime which the Pheu Thai party has loyally served was the source of massive corruption and abuses that the PDRC and the “great mass of people” despised and didn’t want to be revived.

He said that once the country has undergone major reforms before there is an election, the Shinawatra family is welcome to contest the election providing that they must accept check-and-balance mechanism.

Mr Thavorn’s remark regarding the Shinawatra family is viewed as a more reconciliatory tone from the PDRC against the earlier hardline tone against the family that it will be completely eliminated from political circle.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thavorn-pdrc-personal-grudges-shinawatra-family/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-27

I seriously doubt that. I'd say they hate the Shins... and they are not alone in their feelings. What this could be is to imply to the Shins that they should leave government and the PDRC will let them go gracefully. I don't see the Minister of Defense having much control over the military or the PM having much control over her government.

Parlay?

http://youtu.be/KR6LxPXQDzo

Is this Suthepd way of saying let the PDRC have its way and they will let Thaksin back as long ads his family stays out of politics?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think they are saying we have overstepped the mark and we don't really know what to do next. Apart from a final push perhaps?

• Like 1

It reminds me of the one of the songs. Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies. (LOL) It is the root cause of all problems. It is still the Shinawatra versus Amarts due to the amnesty bill. Of course, the news will not state as such. The people got drag into the situation creating a bigger problems. Now it's out of control.

Edited by stickyrice2000

Stupid statements from stupid people....

We dont have anything against the Shins...we just hate them... and are extremely jealous that they are so rich.....

What a load of crap!

Why would they be jealous? I thought it was the ammart who were supposed to be rich.

Or are the ammart just better educated and have more class?

Is this Suthepd way of saying let the PDRC have its way and they will let Thaksin back as long ads his family stays out of politics?

I think they are saying we have overstepped the mark and we don't really know what to do next. Apart from a final push perhaps?

Just go home would be a better option.

We dont have anything against the Shins...we just hate them... and are extremely jealous that they are so rich.....

What a load of crap!

Why would they be jealous? I thought it was the ammart who were supposed to be rich.

"I thought it was the ammart who were supposed to be rich."

Please try to keep up, the Amart ARE rich and they THINK that they own Thailand. The comments in the OP were made by the PDRC. The PDRC are not Amart, they are just puppets of said people.

" He said that once the country has undergone major reforms before there is an election, the Shinawatra family is welcome to contest the election providing that they must accept check-and-balance mechanism. "

This is a much needed change in the stance of the PDRC's rhetoric. Indeed, all should be included in the process. Goodness knows, Thaksin won't require an invitation. He's in it for the long haul. But the system can't be geared towards him. That's the key distinction. Any party that he or any one else controls that has an agenda towards personal gain and graft, and that goes against the checks and balances of the judicial system is something that should never be tolerated again.

the yellows had their military coup in 2006, abolished a democratic constitution in 2007[\b], deposed several governments through courts, and now they still want a full control over the democratic processes, including a new constitution and dictating who can, and who can't, stand for an election

abolished a democratic constitution by popular vote in a referendum.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

the yellows had their military coup in 2006, abolished a democratic constitution in 2007, deposed several governments through courts, and now they still want a full control over the democratic processes, including a new constitution and dictating who can, and who can't, stand for an election

just remember that every constitution in the world specifies who can and cannot stand for an election. Usual requirements are a lack of criminal history, citizenship, being native-born etc.

It would be unusual, and unlikely, for a new constitution to specify a specific family connection as a restriction, or a requirement.

What a load of crap!

"I thought it was the ammart who were supposed to be rich."

Please try to keep up, the Amart ARE rich and they THINK that they own Thailand. The comments in the OP were made by the PDRC. The PDRC are not Amart, they are just puppets of said people.

Well if the amart are the super rich thais, then they probably do own most of Thailand. True here, true in the USA, probably true everywhere.

From 'we want the Shin family out of Thailand' to 'no personal grudge', this kind of extremity is just to hard to bear. If they state D-day, V-day, final assault etc etc. , who's to know whether they are coming or going. Fact is that there are too many Indian chiefs in the PDRC from monks, academics, senators etc and very few cohesive plan. Can we trust these people to take over the country?

What a load of crap!

The people you mention are, for the most part, well off...but who cares about education and class at this juncture?...the Shinawatras are very wealthy...some gained through genuine business dealings...some possibly questionable....the people are jealous...they want some.....!

Just a gentle reminder.

Thaksin has never been told he can't come back. He can return any time he wants but must accept whatever the courts have handed down to him as retribution for his illegal activities. The only person standing in the way of Thaksin's return is Thaksin himself.