Quick And Simple U-turn Advice

Aranyaprathet, Thailand or Trat - Koh Kong border.

What would be the fastest and simplest place to cross? Also leaving from Bangkok or Pattaya?

I am in Bkk with this weekend freee but will be in Pattaya next weekend with Sunday free.

If the advice is to go from Pattaya how often and where do the buses leave?

What would be ideal, is to leave from Pattaya go to the border then take a return bus to BKK. Would that be possible without a logistical head ache?

Thanks all

I have heard very bad stories about the queues for Immigration at Aranyapratet,

at Koh Kong the queue will be you............ that's it.

Both charge 2-300 for going in and out the same day, that is the Cambodian side, on top of the visa fee.

As for doing it on the bus I do not know but it will not be fast. I reckon on a full day, driving myself.

You can get a bus from Pattata to Trat, then there is a Song Taiew service down the road to Had Lek.

On the way back there is the bus direct to Bangkok from Trat.

Why not spend a night in Koh Kong? Hotels are 200 bht upwards, and it saves giving the extra money to the Cambodian immigration!!

Best way from Pattaya is Aranyaphrathet. Go to Sea Air Land Travel in Soi Post Office. Pay 2000 baht. They take care of everything. Their A/C bus leaves at 7:00AM returns to Pattaya around 5:00PM every Sun & Wed. other days 2500 baht. You spend about 10 min. in Cambodia. Very professional service, legal they do all paperwork you just need 2 photos

hey thank for the heads up. Put them in my address book. i was talking to my friend and we just decided to Rent Car and drive to Trat. The border run in the AM then then went to Ko Chang for the day. Turns out you can rent a car to 1000 baht per day.

next run I will take the Pattaya run if I don't have time for a small trip someplace.