North Korea: Students required to get Kim Jong-un haircut

Lite Beer

North Korea: Students required to get Kim Jong-un haircut

Male university students in North Korea are now required to get the same haircut as their leader Kim Jong-un, it is reported.

The state-sanctioned guideline was introduced in the capital Pyongyang about two weeks ago, Radio Free Asia reports. It is now being rolled out across the country - although some people have expressed reservations about getting the look.

"Our leader's haircut is very particular, if you will," one source tells Radio Free Asia. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes." Meanwhile, a North Korean now living in China says the look is actually unpopular at home because people think it resembles Chinese smugglers. "Until the mid-2000s, we called it the 'Chinese smuggler haircut'," the Korea Times reports.

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26747649

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-03-27

• Like 1

Could you imagine living in a country like ''North Korea'' with these kind of demands, and what goes on..

Sorry, I would be out of there first chance i got..

Goodnight said the watchman. we are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave

Eagles

Probably tough enough as a male NK Uni student to get laid. Separate dorms. Climbing over walls and dodging spot lights so you can see your girl. Someone always watching. No public affection. Cold, and lots of clothes to get out of if you make it past 3rd base. And now this?

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

"it resembles Chinese smugglers"...reminds me of a really over-the-top...old fashioned "flat-top"...a 1950-60s...haircut popular in the US for a time...shows just what a egotistical maniac this character really is...GADS!

A lot of the actors on "The Peaky Blinders" BBC tv show had that haircut, or very similar. Apparently it was the popular look in post-WW1 UK?

That regime is on its way down. Little Kimmy gonna get a big surprise.

What happens if you have male pattern baldness? I think there could be a market for wigs made from dyed horse hair, am I wrong? One thing for sure, when given the choice to wear the haircut or go to a work camp, I think they will get the due. Here was the reaction when his father died, and it was reported some were imprisoned for not crying at the funeral. Watch this, a very sad act of either cry for a worthless piece of sh^* or face the wrath.

http://youtu.be/tZsVP2WoE9E

I don't post this pocking fun at the people, only the so called government. I do feel for the persecution the people of the North have endured under these regimes.

Let's not ruin a good knocking story about a regime we don't like with the facts, eh? The first paragraph of the story says students are "required" to get the same haircut as their country's leader.

Later, the article admits the requirement is actually only "a guideline", which is hardly the same thing.

Later still, if one takes the trouble to read the rest of the BBC's latest piece of distorted anti-North Korea propaganda, we learn there are actually ten hairstyles from which male university students can choose - with girls having a choice of 18..

That's a lot more than are permitted in equivalent educational establishments in Thailand and many other so-called democratic countries. It also seems to indicate that the esteemed North Korean leader, as well as being an icon of male fashion, is also something of a feminist!

My daughter would give her eye teeth to be able to choose ANY hairstyle other than the ridiculously short and ugly bob she is forced to endure as a condition of attendance at her Thai secondary school.

Let's not ruin a good knocking story about a regime we don't like with the facts, eh? The first paragraph of the story says students are "required" to get the same haircut as their country's leader.

Later, the article admits the requirement is actually only "a guideline", which is hardly the same thing.

Later still, if one takes the trouble to read the rest of the BBC's latest piece of distorted anti-North Korea propaganda, we learn there are actually ten hairstyles from which male university students can choose - with girls having a choice of 18..

That's a lot more than are permitted in equivalent educational establishments in Thailand and many other so-called democratic countries. It also seems to indicate that the esteemed North Korean leader, as well as being an icon of male fashion, is also something of a feminist!

My daughter would give her eye teeth to be able to choose ANY hairstyle other than the ridiculously short and ugly bob she is forced to endure as a condition of attendance at her Thai secondary school.

Although i agree that most stuff we read about N Korea is probably nearly ad much propagandized as what N Koreans read about the West, you are misstaken regarding the haircut in Thailand since last year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610792-thai-ministry-cuts-5cm-rule-on-schoolboys-hair-length/

Have a chat with the school...

Ohhh, I suspect "guidelines" are NOT usually ignored in a place like N. Korea. Not for very long, anyway. And there's hardly any "knocking" this psychotic doesn't deserve.

• Like 1