New to Thailand - suffering from constipation (no poop)

dvir0776

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem. It's the rice. Noodles are made from rice as well.

Remember when having diarrhea, it's rice, toast, apple sauce and banana. When the opposite it's:

Less rice, more veggies, fruit and water. Your body will need about 3 months to adjust.

• Like 1

Hello :)

I eat tonnes of raw veggies on their own since I started living here - I find the ratio of veggie:meat:carbs is not what I'm used to and I have to supplement that way...I just buy heads of cauliflower from the markets or packs of pre-cut veggies or salad bar from tesco etc. Adequate water intake is obviously also critical. I also noticed, not that I'm suggesting this as a long term solution, but if you look in the coffee section of any supermarket or 711, you can buy herbal laxative tea/coffee sachets...just look for the ingredient 'Senna'... I think it's sold under the brand 'fitne'. Definitely not a long term solution but may help you in the immediate to short term, until you can get your diet in order.

Hope this helps :)

If you want Senna just buy Senna. It's OK for a short term solution, a dangerous long term solution.

Fitne is a weight loss preparation which includes laxative, not thing to buy just as a laxative, and also dangerous to health in the long term. Laxatives for weight loss is insane.

• Like 1

We are not far removed from cavemen. Eat more berries and vegetables. period. The three liter of water a day reply was also spot on but

they did not have any refined foods back in the day so that and water should be your focus.

Also, for me, with my Issan Cooking Thai wife, this is never a problem. Based on this my own research would suggest that you try living on Issan Thai food for a few days. If that does not clean you out. Well, you must be already dead..................... End of Story........... :)

On a more serious note. Well, there is none, other than good luck.................

Go to any one of the thousands of pharmacies in your area...ask for fiber...they will probably sell you Sinakot (misspelled)...take these fiber tabs...morning and night and drink plenty of water...you can regulate the amount of fiber intake...until you are regular again...

• Like 1

Enemas are OK occasionally, but it's dangerous to become DEPENDENT on them.

Same difference with laxatives.

Also, that is treating the symptom, NOT the cause. Obviously, that is not the ideal.

The suggestions to change food intake are indeed the most sensible and healthy.

Also there is a wide range of "normal" frequency with such things.

If the situation is causing discomfort, then yes, it's a problem.

As I said in my post, it is not something that will fix the underlying cause of the constipation if you are experiencing it all too often.

But when you do have constipation an enema is the "most" effective way to relieve yourself.

I had a friend and business associate die because he developed acute sepsis because he was constipated on and off for around 3 months.

I told him he should do a number of things to address the underlying reasons as to why he was being constipated...such as change his diet and drink lots of water or certainly more than he was along with the usual recommendations.

He did as I suggested but he still had the constipation

I also explained to him about giving himself an enema and I remember well he did not want to discuss such nasty personal matters.

Long story short he died of acute sepsis ( blood poisoning ) because of the build up of waste fecal matter that turns rancid, you could say, and enters the blood stream and basically poisoned him.

The doctor told us His white blood cell count was up at 63, basically off the Richter scale.

Had he administered himself enemas when he was constipated I can say with 99 % certainty he would not have died the way that he did.

Enemas are safe and have been recommended and practiced by some civilizations as far back as 3000 plus years.

Meantime the mainstream medical community will recommend this pill or that pill while many doctors will tell you practicing enemas is very dangerous and prescribe some pharmaceutical poison to relieve you.

No surprise..at least not to myself.

You need to drink a lot of water at least 4 liter of water during the day. You must eat lots of fiber (vegetables and fruits). Otherwise you can go to Thai natural pharmacy kind of thing and ask them for the tablet for your problem. It is very effective and when taken at night, you will be completely empty the next day. But if you follow the water and fiber advise your problem will be solved soon. It is a good idea to be active as well and do some walking, training, swimming etc.

A few years ago i saw a young lady tourists with a very sad face sitting in a local eatery with her bf who was wolfing down a huge meal. I had met them before, so asked them how they were doing. The young lass almost in tears told me she was not doing very well as she had not pooped in a week and felt terrible. I told her to go and eat some fresh papaya. She told me that she has already tried that and had bought some from the local street vender. It did not work.

I told her not to eat a little bit. Rather go and buy a whole papaya and eat the entire thing. She said she would try. Three days later i walked into the eatery. She saw me, big smile on her face, ran up and gave me a huge hug. She apparently had pooped herself raw .... she was so happy.

Before you start sticking things up your ass (enema), Unless you like that sort of thing .... try a papaya. Works like a hot damn.

Happy pooping ............. clap2.gif

Prune juice, available in all the supermarkets. My wife swears by it and by the amount of times shes on the loo i believe her.

Prune juice in Thailand is crap...no pun intended. Get a juicer from Malaysia or Singapore & clean everything as esp., from local markets, bugs are everywhere here. Go to Makro for beets.

Mix banana, pineapple, 1 beet, 1 Garlic clove into 2-3 12 ounce drinks. Don't smoke tobacco or any nervous system "crazy" drug like crack or any speed. Exercise 'treadmill' 30 min a day.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

We are not far removed from cavemen. Eat more berries and vegetables. period. The three liter of water a day reply was also spot on but

they did not have any refined foods back in the day so that and water should be your focus.

Also, for me, with my Issan Cooking Thai wife, this is never a problem. Based on this my own research would suggest that you try living on Issan Thai food for a few days. If that does not clean you out. Well, you must be already dead..................... End of Story........... smile.png

On a more serious note. Well, there is none, other than good luck.................

Are you inferring "living in isaan with a thai wife is the shitz" ?

Enemas are OK occasionally, but it's dangerous to become DEPENDENT on them.

Same difference with laxatives.

Also, that is treating the symptom, NOT the cause. Obviously, that is not the ideal.

The suggestions to change food intake are indeed the most sensible and healthy.

Also there is a wide range of "normal" frequency with such things.

If the situation is causing discomfort, then yes, it's a problem.

As I said in my post, it is not something that will fix the underlying cause of the constipation if you are experiencing it all too often.

But when you do have constipation an enema is the "most" effective way to relieve yourself.

I had a friend and business associate die because he developed acute sepsis because he was constipated on and off for around 3 months.

I told him he should do a number of things to address the underlying reasons as to why he was being constipated...such as change his diet and drink lots of water or certainly more than he was along with the usual recommendations.

He did as I suggested but he still had the constipation

I also explained to him about giving himself an enema and I remember well he did not want to discuss such nasty personal matters.

Long story short he died of acute sepsis ( blood poisoning ) because of the build up of waste fecal matter that turns rancid, you could say, and enters the blood stream and basically poisoned him.

The doctor told us His white blood cell count was up at 63, basically off the Richter scale.

Had he administered himself enemas when he was constipated I can say with 99 % certainty he would not have died the way that he did.

Enemas are safe and have been recommended and practiced by some civilizations as far back as 3000 plus years.

Meantime the mainstream medical community will recommend this pill or that pill while many doctors will tell you practicing enemas is very dangerous and prescribe some pharmaceutical poison to relieve you.

No surprise..at least not to myself.

do you mean 63 or 63,000 white cells?

inappropriate use/frequency of enemas can harm the guts natural propulsion ability since the enemas will do it.

Try Googling it, its easier, and more acurate....

Yeah, sure thing, get millions of conflicting opinions, many from commercial spam sources, rather than dozens here ...

Actually you're right RTB, if you go to credible sites like WebMD or Mayo Clinic.

But here you can get some localized insight about the Thailand aspect of it.

For people who are settled here, I suggest buying some FLAXSEEDS.

A tablespoon or two, ground daily, should help in preventing constipation in the first place.

There's your fiber, naturally, no need to by a specific commercial preparation at the pharmacy.

Keep the whole seeds in the fridge covered up as they spoil easily.

Edited by Jingthing

Prune juice, available in all the supermarkets. My wife swears by it and by the amount of times shes on the loo i believe her.

Prune juice in Thailand is crap...no pun intended. Get a juicer from Malaysia or Singapore & clean everything as esp., from local markets, bugs are everywhere here. Go to Makro for beets.

Mix banana, pineapple, 1 beet, 1 Garlic clove into 2-3 12 ounce drinks. Don't smoke tobacco or any nervous system "crazy" drug like crack or any speed. Exercise 'treadmill' 30 min a day.

The prune juice my wife drinks isn't from Thailand. Its imported from the US.

post-82234-13961690044898_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is a juicer bought in Thailand not good enough ?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1396169002.827701.jpg

That's not real prune juice, just a corporation in a bottle.

Is a juicer bought in Thailand not good enough ?

Most definitely. I bought a nice one (not made in China) in the US 10 years ago (about $110), still works like new. Will be liberating it from storage when I go back. The same quality in Thailand would be 10000-12000 baht easy, but of a Chinese make, so, only good for maybe 6-8 mos.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1396169002.827701.jpg

That's not real prune juice, just a corporation in a bottle.

Dont talk so much <deleted>. What the <deleted> is a corporation in a bottle? It says its 100% pure prune juice and not from concentrate. I very much doubt something imported from America is not what it says on the bottle.