Suthep says PDRC to launch an offensive next week

webfact

Suthep says PDRC to launch an offensive next week

suthep-10-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced Thursday night that the People’s Democratic Reform Committee would launch an offensive next week to “seize back sovereign power” for the Thai people.

Addressing a crowd of supporters at Lumpini park Thursday night, the PDRC secretary-general said that the people would “seize back the sovereign power” so that a people’s government and a people’s assembly could be set up to start the reform process which would take one and a half years after which an election would be held.

He said that the mass procession tomorrow (Saturday) was meant to send a message that the “people who are the real owner of the country” want immediate reform before there is an election.

He said that the people had lost their patience and wanted immediate reform to be worked out by the people and not by politicians and that Thaksin regime must not be allowed to have any influence over the Thai politics during the reform period “which means caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her cabinet must be out of the office”.

The reform, explained Mr Suthep, was meant to allow “good people” to have a chance to administer the country on behalf of the people.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-says-pdrc-launch-offensive-next-week/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-28

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Khun Suthep say's the reforms will allow good people to run the country for the people ,so long as those people are from the rank and file , it is the wealthy i am concered about , they ain't going to give much ground and loose all those perks, nothing will change Mr Suthep. coffee1.gif

Only think for the beer families, they sponsor EVERY party in Thailand including PDRC and PAD. Just in case there is a regime change they are still in the game.

(and it pays off as the beer market is well protected).

Sure other rich one are doing the same.

What he is saying is; I will give reason for the Red shirt / UDD brigade to counter attack, with the backing of the police (ie. keeping out of it) we will then use our paid thugs posing as Reds to cause more carnage, then the 'people' will plead with the Army to step in, take control restore calm and then I or my nominee will appointed the puppet leader for the West.

• Like 2

What about those 20 million that came out to vote last month?

Whether or not they voted for PTP is irrelevant. Suthep does not speak for them. 20 million is not the whole voting population but it's a darn big chunk of it. This does coincide nicely with Yinglucks rulling next week.

What he is saying is; I will give reason for the Red shirt / UDD brigade to counter attack, with the backing of the police (ie. keeping out of it) we will then use our paid thugs posing as Reds to cause more carnage, then the 'people' will plead with the Army to step in, take control restore calm and then I or my nominee will appointed the puppet leader for the West.

Don't forget the hand-grenades, the false flag attacks always involve handgrenades. I think he has a fetish for them.

In years to come the insurrectionist Suthep will go down as one of the greatest criminals in the history of Thailand. He is surely up there in the 'hall of shame' with Sarit (the most corrupt ever - way ahead of Thaksin) and Thanin Kraivichien (the most repressive ever - the book burner - only rivalled in repressiveness by Abhisit, who took lese majeste prosecutions to a new level). Arguably one should also include Field Marshall Phibun. On an international scale Suthep evokes comparison with Mussolini and Mugabe.

Here's an idea, let's put up a statue to the 'ghastly 4' - Suthep, Sarit, Thanin and Abhisit - which could become a public urinal or a place where one could vomit when one has had a few too many drinks.

A suitable place for this statue would be Sanam Luang, near to Democracy Monument and the statue of the heroic Pridi at Thammasat University. So in future we could visit Bangkok and pay tribute to Pridi and of course to the enlightened monarchs of this fabulous country (principally Rama V and Rama IX) and then demonstrate our scorn for those who have done their best to destroy Thailand/Siam, the criminals of the modern era - Suthep, Sarit, Thanin and Abhisit.

Edited by tilac2
  • Like 2

How much more damage for this country?

I'd predict that the political problems will go on-and-on until Thai people realise that 'one man one vote' is the only solution.

It's the only solution because 'one man one vote' involves countable numbers. The electorate vote at the booths, then you count the votes, and then you have a verifiable result. Sure, there are flaws in that, but ultimately it's the best way I have ever heard of for governing a country.

It is also the best way of getting rid of regimes that do not deliver. So, e.g., if you don't like the 'first car scheme' or the 'rice subsidy scheme' (and I personally don't - but I can't vote), then you vote against the parties that delivered those schemes - and maybe you might consider voting for a new "New Democrat" party which has a better scheme?

There is a precedent for this electorate-run process of change, and it is Thaksin. Thaksin was arguably the first Thai politician to realise that you can get elected by delivering what you promise in a manifesto. Sure, Thaksin's problem was that he was obsessed with continuing his business interests while he governed the country, but he did establish a voter-based mandate. Who knows how that would have developed if there hadn't been the 2006 coup? Some people say that the coup saved Thailand from a predicted 'Thaksin dictatorship'; others suggest that Thaksin would have followed the democratic will if he had been voted out. I tend to the latter view.

I'd suggest that you simply have to 'trust' the electorate, and if you do so, ultimately, things will balance themselves out. Maybe I am naiive, but I'd suggest that there is a real mood in this country to stamp out corruption, but it has to be done through the voting system. There is no other sensible or workable way. You have to convince the Isaan people that good, non-corrupt management/governance is the best way forward for this country.

• Like 2