City councilmen check drains, order fixes for Soi Buakaow side street’s flooding problem

Rimmer

City councilmen check drains, order fixes for Soi Buakaow side street’s flooding problem

n4sewage3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya City Council members inspected storm drains and discussed flooding with Soi Buakaow-area residents fearing yet another water-logged rainy season.

Councilmen Vichai Rodpai, Somnuk Boonmachai, Nakhon Phonlookin, and Banjong Banthoonprayuk opened drain covers on side-street Soi Taengmo to check whether waste was stuck, creating obstructions for runoff. They ordered Chaluay Ditsadakarn, chief of maintenance for drainage pipes, to bring in vacuum trucks to suck out the pipes for 300 meters.

The city brought in heavy equipment to clean out the drains, but conceded that this is only a temporary measure.

Soi Taengmo, off Soi Buakaow, is a congested community located on low-lying ground filled with a couple hundred 30-year-old row houses. Residents say the street floods every rainy season, with water as deep as waist-high.
- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/city-councilmen-check-drains-order-fixes-for-soi-buakaow-side-street-s-flooding-problem-36210#sthash.KNT5tJJp.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-03-28 footer_n.gif

I remember that some time- ago Soi Honey was dug up and re-concreted-- after heavy rain a lot of the water did not fall towards the drains post-4641-1156693976.gif --

motorbikes drove through the resulting large puddles at speed -- giving any pedestrians -that's ME--a free dirty water shower annoyed.gif

I suppose still the same ??