Thieving tuk tuk drivers!

samran

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! It is another indication of how the Red Shirts are screwing the country and it is probably linked to the rice scheme. And I have it on authority that that particular Tuk-tuk driver is connected to the man in Dubai.

Good point. He does wear a gold chain with amulet attached. So he is clearly well connected mafia as well as being a tuk tuk driver.

• Like 1

Must have been a fake tuktuk. A real one would have slashed your throat with a samurai sword, kicked you to the gutter and then driven over you during his cowardly escape.

/note to the stupid; the above is sarcasm.

• Like 1

Yes, he took your change and loaned it out over night, collecting a 50 percent daily interest rate.

Did you even read the OP? Or are you just having reading comprehension issues? There was no change because the driver didn't take any fare until the next day.

• Like 2

I used to live on Soi 49 and the tuk tuk things there wee run by decent drivers.

It's only the ones in tourist areas that are tempted to thieve due to the nature of tourists they meet.

Soi 49!!

You must be hi so or something? ;)

It's only the ones in tourist areas that are tempted to thieve due to the nature of tourists they meet.

Yes, the nature of the people they meet. People who aren't Thai, or don't speak Thai, and therefore are easy to exploit because they don't know what the hell they are doing. The average tourist in front of the grand palace who is scammed by these scumbags is not in any way 'asking for it'

I can use tuk tuks just fine too, particularly outside of tourist areas. But I speak Thai and know what I'm doing. I would NEVER recomend a tuk tuk (in Bangkok) to tourists or people who aren't familar with the city. Too many scumbags looking to prey on the ignorant.

Yes, the nature of the people they meet. People who aren't Thai, or don't speak Thai, and therefore are easy to exploit because they don't know what the hell they are doing. The average tourist in front of the grand palace who is scammed by these scumbags is not in any way 'asking for it'

I can use tuk tuks just fine too, particularly outside of tourist areas. But I speak Thai and know what I'm doing. I would NEVER recomend a tuk tuk (in Bangkok) to tourists or people who aren't familar with the city. Too many scumbags looking to prey on the ignorant.

I guess in this context these are the 4 wheeled variety if tuk tuk imported from japan. When I lived down South there were referred to as Bok Boks.

The three wheeler variety around the tourist areas, different story.

Absolutely! It is another indication of how the Red Shirts are screwing the country and it is probably linked to the rice scheme. And I have it on authority that that particular Tuk-tuk driver is connected to the man in Dubai.

how you equate to a tuk tuk to the reds screwing the country is silly.

The reds are screwing the country .

Where is the little butting head against wall emoticon?

• Like 2

Where is the little butting head against wall emoticon?

Indeed. Choochoo, please look up "tongue-in-cheek" and "humor".

There's a coconut seller next to the entrance of Benjakitti Park where I go for my weekend run - I don't carry cash when running but he gives me a coconut drink and says I can pay him next time.

After a few drinks on tick I saw him when I was wearing 'normal' business clothes and had some cash - and gave him the money.

I'm sure he still can't figure why the white faced guy in the business clothes gave him cash and why the red faced guy in the running shorts never pays for the coconut! biggrin.png

• Like 2

You are Thai right? Everyone knows that Thai people don't have to pay for anything unless a white guy is watching. The whole country is subsidized by middle class farang tourists paying too much for everything.

http://www.snotr.com/video/422/Eddie_Murphy_goes_undercover

<deleted> UG. Why did you have to give that little secret away???

• Like 1

Point the OP tried to make is that not all thais are dishonest and moneygrabbing thieves and that there are, even in the tuk tuk business, thais who act on "the eye of the beholder principle".

He is correct about that, as we all have experienced that. Some/many people tend to post negative, though not untrue, about thailand, its people and culture. So the topic is to get a positive view about the beforementioned. Whether he is thai or not himself is not relevant.

• Like 2

Point the OP tried to make is that not all thais are dishonest and moneygrabbing thieves and that there are, even in the tuk tuk business, thais who act on "the eye of the beholder principle".

I don't think Samran meant that at all......probably/possibly/maybe...........just having a quiet bash at the negy's on here

• Like 1