Out-of-control Jet Skis collide with parked motorbikes in Central Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that the bikes were parked in a No Parking zone? Of course, in Pattaya they just paint the curbs and put up No Parking Signs to amuse the tourists as no one pays any attention to them, especially the BIB. Parking and garbage can placement have priority over traffic moving. Besides, there are still fines to collect from not wearing a helmet!

Misleading headline. It was an out of control trailer carrying a jet ski that hit parked motorbikes. If it was a trailer carrying cars you wouldn't say "Out of control cars hit parked motorbikes".

Just saying'.

Similar to the comment relating to a trailer being unroadworthy and unregistered...we don't expect exactitude from press reports here.... and your 'headline' seems very likely to me having spent quite a spell behind such a trailer going over the mountains on Rt 304.

1. The motrobikes were damaged by falang hansum renters yesterday.

2. The jet ski damage will be good for scam some hansum men from Israel, Oman, Turkey and of course Russia.

3. The accident was occurred by a hansum falang man, who showed finger to the full honest and peaceful jet ski operator.

4. The root of all the problem some hansum falang didn't give money to bargirls for treatment of sick buffalo in Isaan.

5. And this was ONLY bad luck and karma and NOT a negligence under ya baa.

Sorry, but there seems something wrong with me eyes, is that the trailer, the jet ski is on. This story although basically correct, shows that a reporter or editor can not see what is clearly in the photo. It was the trailer that was out of control, the jet ski simply went along for the ride.

BuddhaChile, on 29 Mar 2014 - 09:55, said:

Misleading headline. It was an out of control trailer carrying a jet ski that hit parked motorbikes. If it was a trailer carrying cars you wouldn't say "Out of control cars hit parked motorbikes".

Just saying'.

I wouldn't be too sure, if they can mislead on one headline, why not more.

rwhoov, on 29 Mar 2014 - 11:44, said:

Did anyone notice that the bikes were parked in a No Parking zone? Of course, in Pattaya they just paint the curbs and put up No Parking Signs to amuse the tourists as no one pays any attention to them, especially the BIB. Parking and garbage can placement have priority over traffic moving. Besides, there are still fines to collect from not wearing a helmet!

Parked illegally, so therefore not entitled to compensation.

1. The motrobikes were damaged by falang hansum renters yesterday.

2. The jet ski damage will be good for scam some hansum men from Israel, Oman, Turkey and of course Russia.

3. The accident was occurred by a hansum falang man, who showed finger to the full honest and peaceful jet ski operator.

4. The root of all the problem some hansum falang didn't give money to bargirls for treatment of sick buffalo in Isaan.

5. And this was ONLY bad luck and karma and NOT a negligence under ya baa.

You should work hard to break through denial and face the fact that you simply cannot adapt to living in an advanced society.

Just saying'.

I think everybody including me expected a James-Bond-like event here, with jet skis being raced at full power out of the water and onto some motorbikes parked at the beach. Shame on us...

I'm truly disappointed in this story. From the headline I was just sure that 2 farangs were racing their rented jetskis and launched them from the sea onto the road - landing on parked motocyes.

ME TOO----- I had the picture all figured out in my mind.At least there is no hassling Falang for compensation with this episode,but I would have still much preferred to see 2 dripping wet tangled messes sitting on top of crumpled bikescheesy.gif

Why is this news ?

Every day we see trains of jet skis, 3-4 being towed behind vehicles totally unequipped for the task. Often it is a motor tricycle pulling 2-3 and sometimes there is a speed boat and banana float thrown in !!

The police are happy enough to camp out on every street corner stopping people without crash helmets, why don't they get versatile and stop unsafe loads ?? Guess it would disrupt the tea money.

In the original news article (see the link on original post), there is some very good quality outdoor pointing going on. Nice to see creative backdrops being used for the pointing pics, rather than the usual drab grey police room.