Glass fiber wowen fabric - wall paper.

janpaulsen

It comes in rolls with different patterns and you glue it on the walls. After you can paint it in the desired color. Since I am not an English spoken by native tongue, I am not even sure if it is spelled right. Can anybody please tell me what the right thing is called ? Best is if anybody knows the Thai words for it and where I can buy it. It is very common in Scandinavia. Thanks. smile.png

Ok because you are unable to describe it, I will throw three possibilities what you are trying to describe.

Is it woodchip? Reinforced with small splinters of wood, the cheapest paper available. Always stuck with wallpaper paste and painted....but never had a pattern

Is it anaglypta, often very nice and elaborate patterns, not reinforced with wool though. Is usually painted and cheap.

Is it lincrusta? Expensive usually in rolls 1m wide or 1.5m. Possibly now reinforced with glassfibre originally with horsehair. Special adhesive to glue it to the wall as its so heavy. Common in the 30..50s under a dado rail.

The bad news, I have never seen any of the above here.

The papers they sell are vinyl washable types, very retro 70s designs.......I lived with them first time around and still as bad.

Sorry if I didn't mention what you had in mind.

If you are scandinavian check out the ikea stores you may recognise one of their wall papers