New Senate could decide PM Yingluck's fate

webfact

Surely Abhisit could have had a tramadol and his driver quickly drop him in and scoot him out. <snip>

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Stupid thing to say. Much easier to vote than to make up a story. I am sure that really has broken his collarbone, really has surgery, and isn't able to get about. Have you ever had surgery, especially with anasthetia? I am sure not, otherwise you wouldn't have made this comment.

Sorry for the sarcasm Gabruce eeksfacepalm.gif

If anyone need to be reformed it's Jaruwan Maintaka. Just did a quick search to see who the hell she is and came up with dirt already. With includes the following from Wikipedia:

The Rural Doctors Society has been critical of Jaruvan for the lack of transparency of state audits. As a result, Jaruvan demanded that the Ministry of Public Health investigate the Society.

An NGO formally criticized her for hiring her son, Kittirat, as her personal secretary while paying him with a state budget of over 30,000 Baht a month.

Jaruvan was also accused of taking her two children, Kittirat and Supang, on a government-funded week-long trip to Russia.

She is no better than Suthep.

Ah, one of "the good people" I suspect. No doubt we will hear more of her when the"peoples council" is established!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

Good to see the non-partisan Senate becoming more independent now than the last Thaksin-dominated Senate and is returning more to its original concept.

"The elected members of the last Senate were mostly supporters of Yinglucks Pheu Thai party, but we need to wait to see how many of the new senators are in her camp," said Panitan Wattanayagorn, a political scientist at Chulalongkorn University.

"There seem to have been quite a few independent candidates elected this time."

In Bangkok, early polling results had Jaruvan Maintaka, a former auditor general, winning the Senate seat. Jaruvan is seen as an independent candidate opposed to the so-called Thaksin regime, a reference to fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, Yinglucks brother and the de facto leader of the Pheu Thai party.

http://main.omanobserver.om/?p=68968

It seems some find it difficult to grasp that somebody can be both independent and anti-Thaksin, when a person with sufficient ethical and moral judgement to be a good senator would naturally be antipathetic to a power-hungry criminal.

It is interesting to note that none of the anti-democrats decided to block the Senate election. Of course, this is because the anti-democrats know that, as the Senate is half-appointed, they are guaranteed to "win" in the sense that they really only need a couple of elected Ammart Elitists to consider that they have a "win."

It is only elections that the anti-democrats think they might lose that they choose to boycott and block.

This election of a prominent Ammart Elitist in former Auditor-General Jaruvan Maintaka proves their point....I understand there were several telling instances indicated in her previous "career", her desperation to hold her post in this AG office, despite rules that required her to leave.

Jaruvan claimed that her continued occupation of her office represented an effort to save the country. And was supported by various Ammart Elitist groups.

Welcome to a Senate who this article indicates, will rule on the legitimacy of an elected Prime Minister.

"legitimacy" please look up the definition, am sure it will not include buying votes!!!! hey wake up!!!

Not sure why the PAD-Dem's think they can go off on this holier-than-thou notion that vote buying only applies to others....Everyone...and I mean everyone...knows that it is done by all sides equally..."Legitimate"....Yes. I think the vote count in the election which selected her is unchallenged...so 'legitimate'...... yup!

If anyone need to be reformed it's Jaruwan Maintaka. Just did a quick search to see who the hell she is and came up with dirt already. With includes the following from Wikipedia:

The Rural Doctors Society has been critical of Jaruvan for the lack of transparency of state audits. As a result, Jaruvan demanded that the Ministry of Public Health investigate the Society.

An NGO formally criticized her for hiring her son, Kittirat, as her personal secretary while paying him with a state budget of over 30,000 Baht a month.

Jaruvan was also accused of taking her two children, Kittirat and Supang, on a government-funded week-long trip to Russia.

She is no better than Suthep.

How is this anywhere near Suthep's level of corruption?

I'm actually quite surprised you're bothered about these examples. Not saying these three items aren't problematic (well, at least two of them, the first isn't a very conclusive statement), just that in the scope of Thai politics and corruption, they are quite miniscule.

One would think that the way she was appointed for the job matter more, not to mention her conduct later on.

it's the Shins that should be erased from the face of the earth, no one! and no one wld be worse than those scum!

PAD-Dem-coup monger speak...The electoral majority begs to differ.

It is interesting to note that none of the anti-democrats decided to block the Senate election. Of course, this is because the anti-democrats know that, as the Senate is half-appointed, they are guaranteed to "win" in the sense that they really only need a couple of elected Ammart Elitists to consider that they have a "win."

It is only elections that the anti-democrats think they might lose that they choose to boycott and block.

This election of a prominent Ammart Elitist in former Auditor-General Jaruvan Maintaka proves their point....I understand there were several telling instances indicated in her previous "career", her desperation to hold her post in this AG office, despite rules that required her to leave.

Jaruvan claimed that her continued occupation of her office represented an effort to “save the country.” And was supported by various Ammart Elitist groups.

Welcome to a Senate who this article indicates, will rule on the legitimacy of an elected Prime Minister.

"It is interesting to note that none of the anti-democrats decided to block the Senate election. Of course, this is because the anti-democrats know that, as the Senate is half-appointed, they are guaranteed to "win" in the sense that they really only need a couple of elected Ammart Elitists to consider that they have a "win."

It is only elections that the anti-democrats think they might lose that they choose to boycott and block."

Permit me to make one additional point to this quote.

You will note that there was no "reform before elections" needed in this case.

"You will note that there was no "reform before elections" needed in this case."

is that your opinion or your observation?