IOS 7.1 battery drain

kingalfred

The battery drain on the IOS 7.1 update is horrendous.infact its almost 1 minute 1 percent.It run smoother but at a huge cost in energy, something the Apple Techies never factored in with the update? Steve Jobs would have fired the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Um. No. Go online and check news items and forums . A widespread issue with Iphone 5 series

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

Restore your device as new (not from backup)

I've seen this more than a few times as a "fix" for some aggravating iOS7 problems, such as the loss of multitasking. So how to I get all of my content back if I can't restore from a backup?

Restore your device as new (not from backup)

I've seen this more than a few times as a "fix" for some aggravating iOS7 problems, such as the loss of multitasking. So how to I get all of my content back if I can't restore from a backup?

Via standard Sync ( via iTunes and/or iCloud)

If there is a memory issue or glitch during iOS update, in which you experience issues after the update then the best practice is to Restore as New. Unfortunately this usually means spending time reconfiguring user settings, entering passwords, redownloading apps, and syncing iTunes data. Then, when finished, creating a new backup to use for recovery.

If you do a restore, you should put the iPhone into DFU mode first. I did this when I restored to 7.1 and my battery is performing quite good. To put the phone into DFU mode, plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes. After this, shut the phone off completely. Once the phone is completely powered down, press and hold the sleep button and home button together for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, let go of the power button, but continue to hold the home button. You should get a pop up message in iTunes saying the phone needs to be restored. If you don't, try the same steps again.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted 2014-03-31 08:07:07

The battery drain on the IOS 7.1 update is horrendous.infact its almost 1 minute 1 percent.It run smoother but at a huge cost in energy, something the Apple Techies never factored in with the update? Steve Jobs would have fired the lot.
Have any of the iOS 7.1 users affected by the power issue found the current 7.1.1 update to remedy their issue?

From BGR

iOS 7.1.1 brings huge battery life improvements for iPhone users

By Zach Epstein on Apr 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

[...]

While running iOS 6, Kingsley-Hughes said six hours of usage would take his iPhone 5′s battery from 100% down to 74%. Apple’s iOS 7 update had a minor negative impact on battery performance at first, but things were back to normal after a short amount of time.
The iOS 7.1 update really hurt the battery performance on Kingsley-Hughes’s iPhone. He says six hours of usage on iOS 7.1 would take his charge from 100% to as little as 48%.
With Apple’s new iOS 7.1.1 update, however, the writer says that his iPhone’s battery now has about 76% of its charge remaining after six hours of average use on a fully charged iPhone 5.
[...]