Living With The Family--HELP!--Get Me OUT OF HERE!

Razer64

Yeah, my Lady Friend built our Thai hosts a house..Just go slow and ask Your Mrs. before any drastid action. My girl was a Phd..now deceased, liver probs. brought us to T. Land.. She said to me, 'You're so Controlling..its not all about money, we're here to LEARN!! Alohz

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe what a load of bs...ive ben living in a comunal serup for 30 years and there is good and bad... u just see win or lose. U will win but will pay the price and lose wife and family if u think that people are objects to win or lose them. Icky relatives? There must be areason behind her dislike nd from the way u speak and act im pretty sure I can see why

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, my Lady Friend built our Thai hosts a house..Just go slow and ask Your Mrs. before any drastid action. My girl was a Phd..now deceased, liver probs. brought us to T. Land.. She said to me, 'You're so Controlling..its not all about money, we're here to LEARN!! Alohz

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobileapp

Indeed! Learning is what it's all about!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Cant believe what a load of bs...ive ben living in a comunal serup for 30 years and there is good and bad... u just see win or lose. U will win but will pay the price and lose wife and family if u think that people are objects to win or lose them. Icky relatives? There must be areason behind her dislike nd from the way u speak and act im pretty sure I can see why

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If your "communal setup" works, isn't that a win? Everyone wants to profit. Welcome to the really real world.

So sorry to hear that you won. Sounds like that's not what you wanted.

A horse has no udder, a cow can't whinny, up is down, and sideways is straight ahead.

was this posted on April 1st?(I.E. April Fool's Day?)if so,good work trolling 7 pages out of people!,.

I generally don't go too far in disrespecting other people's stories on TV cause I've been in the Security Business in one way or another for 20+ years and have posted my own share of crazy,but true tales,

but you sound like

a. a nutter,

b.a writer trying out chapter's for a book(if so,fair play,I'd buy it!)

or c. a man in the wrong place,who obviously doesn't understand Thai society and Hierarchy even after 13 years of marriage!,OR speak fluent Thai after that length of time!,also,either you are well drunk while writing or again,a nutter,that last post

"I'm a cobra hunter, a predator, a money-grubbing business man, not a politician. Sister doesn't like that. I earn my money and I pay my way. She likes her men clean-cut and kissing her butt and strutting around with other men, all pretending to be somebody and looking for more handouts. I'm Thor, the God of Thunder, with my hammer, my dirty clothes, and my big fish hook. And I just don't care. That drives Sister insane." etc makes you sound like a right douchebag,

if it's a book I'd drop that chapter,

if it's not,head on back to the US where you'll fit right in.

understand,I may seem like I'm having a go,but I'm genuinely not,I had an English mate of mine murdered by his extended family recently,and the situation there was a lot less dire than yours,

whatever happens,good luck,and remember you can't take it with you,there's only one life,make it a happy one.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne
  • Like 1

If you have the time and inclination, check out this documentary:

http://www.mythaibridefilm.com/

Summary: once the house and pig farm got built, the husband got the cold shoulder from everyone and was a persona non grata in his own home. He couldn't stand being a stranger in his own home and eventually borrowed some money from friends to buy a plane ticket back to the UK. The sad part was that he tried to kiss his wife before he left and she reluctantly gave him a peck after his third try.

Summary: once the house and pig farm got built, the husband got the cold shoulder from everyone and was a persona non grata in his own home. He couldn't stand being a stranger in his own home and eventually borrowed some money from friends to buy a plane ticket back to the UK. The sad part was that he tried to kiss his wife before he left and she reluctantly gave him a peck after his third try.

I have meet many farangs that had about the same experience as this movie. It's rather common and one reason to rent instead of buying a house.

• Like 1

I have read you posts and it appears that your problem with the family may be the result of your lack of integrity and moral character. Most Thais, especially devout Buddhists, do not approve of adultery in marriage. This is true, not only in Thailand, but most Western countries throughout the world. If you wife does not care that you are committing adultery behind her back, than she is not interested in you but more interested in your money.................which you have foolishly given to her and her family!

Oh you silly boy, fell into the Farang Trap. YOU HAD A HOUSE BUILT FOR HER, she rich lady now, got caught hook line and sinker, goodbye farang it was nice knowing you ha ha !! why the hell do all you guys want to BUY - BUILD them houses, it is beyond me, whats is wrong with renting,?? you can run away quicker. i have just looked at a NEW HOUSE UNFURNISHED in Chiang Mai for 7,000 baht, a month rental. spend your bloody money on enjoying yourself this aint no "dress rehearsal" this is the "real deal" when your dead your dead, no-one has come back yet to say how good it is

On your calculations id be rent free in 10 years,if i bought a house.I have just made the 10 years and everything is still ok.Of course it could all go to shit very quickly.

Oh you silly boy, fell into the Farang Trap. YOU HAD A HOUSE BUILT FOR HER, she rich lady now, got caught hook line and sinker, goodbye farang it was nice knowing you ha ha !! why the hell do all you guys want to BUY - BUILD them houses, it is beyond me, whats is wrong with renting,?? you can run away quicker. i have just looked at a NEW HOUSE UNFURNISHED in Chiang Mai for 7,000 baht, a month rental. spend your bloody money on enjoying yourself this aint no "dress rehearsal" this is the "real deal" when your dead your dead, no-one has come back yet to say how good it is

On your calculations id be rent free in 10 years,if i bought a house.I have just made the 10 years and everything is still ok.Of course it could all go to shit very quickly.

Even someone with very basic arithmetic skills would see it would take 20 years rent to break even.

1.5Mbht house rents for 6-8K/month in CM, that's 15 years if rent and you kept your money in a bag under the bed.

Include lost interest on capital and maintenance and you are soon up to 20 years.

Edited by BritManToo

"Sister had her cabin built with no windows on purpose. Her hut literally has no windows, save for a small window on the front door, which is covered with two heavy curtains. Not a speck of light gets in or out."

The sister is a vampire, explains the fear of daylight and general nastiness. The fact she pretends to ignore you and wont let you bone her sister in her presence suggests she might actually be in love with you. Difficult situation either way. If you want to get to the bottom of both issues, try pouring a quart of ox blood down the front of your underpants. See what happens. At the very least you might get yourself kicked out. Winning.

• Like 1

You're another statistic (retard)...albeit you met, married and lived in US but.......you admitted you ain't pretty and you are an introvert.

Another retard thinking he will have a great life here.

Don't think you can write a book dude. You're a failure in the making.

Just a heads up.

A Falang living in bush bumfuck...and I read your posts responding (criticising) others.

Piss off. My thoughts are, you are lacking. That's why you never saw for many years, what is about to happen.

Stop your <deleted>#%ing crying and go back to the great US of A.

You can have that too by the way.

"Working out in ditches"...<deleted>.

Thais seem hell bent on staying with family no matter what the problems. Most of the time I think that's a good thing. Rare occasions it's annoying.

If you want to stay with your wife start planning some 'business trips' to 'hong kong'. Go to a beach or city somewhere (yes I know not really hong kong. ) take a break so you can "restart in Thailand. "

• 2 weeks later...

Norwegian guy in our village had exactly the same thing except it was the mother in law. This guy just rented a place nearby waiting for his house to be built.

Your wife should support your decisions mate.

Norwegian guy in our village had exactly the same thing except it was the mother in law. This guy just rented a place nearby waiting for his house to be built.

Your wife should support your decisions mate.

I saw some houses for sale in Chonburi. Along the Pattaya Bangkok motorway. They are houses that can be moved. They are beautiful homes made from shipping containers!!! YOU as a foreigner can own it. And if the inevitable occurs, you can have yiur house and get the F out of dodge before they wake up from their low cow drunken stupor.

I have meet many farangs that had about the same experience as this movie. It's rather common and one reason to rent instead of buying a house.

Yes, that is why I rent both. The woman and the house. Isn't that clever?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand