Restaurant GM

I have a European friend that's planning to partner up with a Thai and open an outdoor cafe/restaurant in a tourist area outside of Bangkok. The Thai partner wouldn't be involved with the business, but wants my friend to be the GM. My friend is concerned the only thing he can legally do in this type of position is stand around and collect money. He's worried if he's seen touching a plate he'd be violating the terms of his work permit and could be arrested. Is this true? As far as I know, there are foreign GMs and chefs at restaurants all over Thailand.

He doesn't use TV. He's too busy working. Anyway, what's to worry about? We're all strangers. Whatever advice you give can't come back to haunt you, can it?

Okay. Just that most people like to deal with the Organ Grinder and NOT the Monkey.

Hope you get loads of advice for your hard working "friend."

He doesn't use TV. He's too busy working. Anyway, what's to worry about? We're all strangers. Whatever advice you give can't come back to haunt you, can it?

Okay. Just that most people like to deal with the Organ Grinder and NOT the Monkey.

Bro, it's a relatively simple question for a legit friend. He's not into forums. It's not that complicated. If you have some advice or input that's not gonna land you in jail it'd be appreciated. Thx.

Why can't your "European Friend" write his own message?

Is he perhaps disabled in one way or another? I always "worry" about the validity of people seeking advice for "friends."

And the rest of us, with the exception of your one "liker", worry about the validity of some people who post irrelevant and possibly offensive rubbish like yours.

• Like 1

You need some help.

• Like 1