Best Full English Breakfast in Bangkok

KarlosInBKK

I've been here for 6 weeks and absolutely love Thai food but I've been craving a full English breakfast for the past few days. Where serves the best full English? I've seen previous posts but they are over 1 year old now. Someone recommended the Queen Vic on Sukhumvit Soi 23. Still good? I don't want to go to some fancy hotel to eat and would like to pay less than 500 baht.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Queen Vic is still good, Queens Breakfast is around 250baht and Kings Breakfast is around 350-400baht I think. Queens is normally more than enough for me and comes with a pot of Tetleys tea.

I have heard that Chequers bar on Soi 4 does a really good Full English too, but I have not tried it myself yet.

If ya go to Bossotel inn at Riverside area.Not sure about English.But it's A full American buffet.They have everything I mean it's A nice spread.Eggs cooked to order.I'm not sure if ya can buy it off the street.I was staying there at the time.It's been awhile ya might have to check.

The London Pie on Naradhiwas 24 / Sathu Pradit 19 serves fantastic breakfasts for 150-200 baht. Top quality sausages, bacon, black pudding, home-baked bread and as much Yorkshire tea as you can drink. It's a bugger to find though.

The last 3 or 4 times a few of us have eaten in Chequers we've come away with raging stomach issues, including from the breakfast. Used to meet there every Saturday for breakfast before heading off to golf. Won't eat there again.

No stomach issues, but I've had enough of Yesterday's Sausages, so won't go again.

Jools OK, but no Black Pud.

Hanrahan's looks good, but not actually eaten it and not sure regarding the Black Pud availability.

Black Swan gets recommended every time.

The trouble with most of these places is their tourist-oriented opening times, so if you need your feed before going to work/early golf, you are SOOL.

The Queen vic and the Sportsman do the best quality and value for money brekkie in bangkok. The Sportsman Pub is located at the end of Trendy in Sukhumvit soi 13 and does a great breakfast for 225 baht with fresh coffee or pot of tea. 2 English back bacon, sausage, 2 eggs, hash browns, black pudding, beans, tomato & 2 toast. Open from 11am till 2am! They said from next week they open at 9am for breakfast

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most Full Englishs at the expat bars tend to be very much one and the same though the Londoner's on Suk 33 was a real stand out for a long time. Not been there for a long time mind you...

What constituts a full English breakfast?

The Queen vic and the Sportsman do the best quality and value for money brekkie in bangkok. The Sportsman Pub is located at the end of Trendy in Sukhumvit soi 13 and does a great breakfast for 225 baht with fresh coffee or pot of tea. 2 English back bacon, sausage, 2 eggs, hash browns, black pudding, beans, tomato & 2 toast. Open from 11am till 2am! They said from next week they open at 9am for breakfast

I'll have to give the Sportsman Breakie a try, I always liked their food when they were at Washington Square but not tried them since they moved to Soi 13.

Most Full Englishs at the expat bars tend to be very much one and the same though the Londoner's on Suk 33 was a real stand out for a long time. Not been there for a long time mind you...

What constituts a full English breakfast?

Back Bacon (not the frazzled streaky stuff, or lump of processed ham), proper sausages (not the rubber like hotdogs often served for breakfast over here), baked beans, fried eggs, toast, fried mushrooms, hash brown, tomatoes, black pudding and a pot of tea.

post-42474-0-43441400-1396324187_thumb.j

I'll have to give the Sportsman Breakie a try, I always liked their food when they were at Washington Square but not tried them since they moved to Soi 13.
post-156866-13963262934165_thumb.jpg

Last weeks sportsman brekkie....making me hungry again just looking at it!

The Dubliner on Soi 33/1 is spot on and they are one of the few mentioned here serving breakfast at traditional (non night owl) breakfast time from 8 am. They also do a great Soda Bread and Potato Bread too. Ignore surly looking owners the breakfast is top!

The best full English breakfast in BKK --> Chachoengsao, soi nam pla 35, behind the fisher man hut, next to the karaoke bar. I bit expensive, 39 B.

You may ask like this: sawadee krab, Ao ankrit blekfost krab, DON"T LET OUT THE DOGS krab !

Try it and you get a free splash with naked ladyboys BUT don't pick up the fallen soap ...

Seriously:

you get it at home, in kitchen served by your Mom.

The question only is: do you hack it till you go home?

Kind regards at 1st of April Amigo.

Edited by Loles

Back Bacon (not the frazzled streaky stuff, or lump of processed ham), proper sausages (not the rubber like hotdogs often served for breakfast over here), baked beans, fried eggs, toast, fried mushrooms, hash brown, tomatoes, black pudding and a pot of tea.

Personally I believe that baked beans have no place on a traditional English breakfast.

The Dubliner used to be a big favourite of mine, I've been served what I can only describe as "microwave food" there of late, so I give them a wide berth now and go the Royal Oak.

I can't speak for the rest of their menu, as I only eat breakfast there, but the "mini" breakfast (which is not so mini) seems to be freshly cooked. Although I do have to separate the baked beans as they are usually contaminating the egg.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1396326291.078888.jpg

Last weeks sportsman brekkie....making me hungry again just looking at it!

Thanks for that verinaughty. That photo has sealed the deal for me. Think I may head there shortly! Thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. Will check out a few more places over the coming weeks.

I was in The Black Swan this morning for breakie. It was very good, except the black pudding was so overcooked it had shriveled to the size of a 10 baht coin (exaggerating a bit ) and was rock solid. I couldn't break it. I tried to dig a bit out the middle - very dry. And the potato was a bit cold.

The sausages were fantastic though and the bacon very good. Not to mention, the portion you get is outstanding. Although for the price, i would expect nothing less.

I last time i had breakfast in The Dubliner i was very impressed. Their potato bread and black pudding are to die for.

Bully's Pub is okay for the breakfast. But it is more of an American style than British or Irish. For a while it was good and then the chef changed and i found i couldn't get a fried egg without that gunk on the top.

Yeah, Bully's has some good food, but it is an American Pub, so you won't find much of an English breakfast there. I best thing i used to eat in Bully's was the Philly Steak sandwich. Brilliant.

Good place to go for food, but i think the priciest for drinks in Sukhumvit (among the bars it competes with...Black Swan, Londoner, Dubliner, Sportsman ect etc). Though their cocktails are fairly priced and probably the best i have had in Thailand, but i don't have much of a reason to there anymore since the missus stopped working there.