Where is the best all-you-can-drink promo near Nimman?

Thighlander

I believe, but I could be wrong, that it is no longer "legal" to sell an "all-you-can-drink" wine or beer buffet as the Thai Police do not want people to be encouraged to overconsume alcohol. I think the change was put in place late last year, around October or November. Perhaps it just went underground but I have not been able to find a "buffet" since late last year. Even Why Not removed all of their signage and I have not actually asked anyone their if they still offer their wine buffet.

You had me a little worried so I checked; all you can drink buffets are alive and well on Nimmanhamin. Perhaps they were banned in other parts of the city, but not here.

Rush Bar on soi 7 still has the 6 to 9 p.m. all you can drink Heineken deal for 99 baht, but they won't have it during Songkran (I don't know what they have planned for then). There is a bar across the street advertising a wine buffet for 289 baht, but I wouldn't go with high hopes of quality.

Kabuki, a sushi place in the strip of shops next to Powerhouse Gym on soi 6 still has the 6 to 8 p.m. all you can drink Heineken, Chang, or Asahi deal for 99 baht. Kabuki will have the buffet during Songkran. I was there a few minutes before 6 p.m. and more than half the tables were already taken.

I didn't check at DeGarden, but the buffet was there in January and I have faith it's still there. I'm busy for the next few days, but I'll definitely check out some of these places, and probably Hobs (expensive, but I really like their Punk Dog IPA) before the end of Songkran.

• Like 1

If only heavy drinkers who want to drink a lot and get smashed frequent such places, they may not be ordering much of food also, a bowl of nuts perhaps. How then do these places make money at these ridiculous low prices?

It's not just heavy drinkers, it's a mixed crowd, not everyone takes advantage of the buffet, and most tables order food (I always do). Since several places have had these buffets going from many months I assume the bars have found a way to make them pay.

Kabuki is 99B but I forget what soi it is on.

That's the sushi place I couldn't remember the name of. It's on Nimmanhamin soi 6 in the strip of shops next to Powerhouse Gym. I checked today, it's still 6 to 8 p.m., all you can drink Chang, Heineken, or Asahi for 99 baht, and it's still popular, at five minutes to six over half the tables were already taken.

That almost insures a certain degree of freshness. Not a very tough choice...1) buy one large Leo on MM for 100 thb and watch employees play smart phone video games or 2) go hang out for two hours with some real beer drinkers on Nimman....

I hope it's as fun as beers by the bucket in Mexico....salud!post-37570-0-49122800-1396450688_thumb.j

The beer at the all you can drink places is so watered down you can't even get drunk. It's better to spend a little extra on a couple pros and get your moneys worth.

We'll see but I doubt it. I recall about five years ago, when they had great promos at Dayli. Like 119 for three leo...the experts here all claimed they were old, warm, and you would have to pay for ice....the reality is they get about 35 cases delivered at a time, and rotate them out of one of the nicest freezers I've seen in CNX. Now it's 4 for 210 thb, but still better than anything in circuspantsland.

The beer at the all you can drink places is so watered down you can't even get drunk. It's better to spend a little extra on a couple pros and get your moneys worth.

That certainly hasn't been my experience, I had trouble getting down the stairs at DeGarden in January. When and where did you have the experience(s) that led to this post?

Pros cost a lot more than 99 baht, and I no longer have the energy for two...Oh, you mean beer promotions!

For Ricardofel and the rest who think CM's beer buffets are only for the drunks here, I happened upon this when googling about something totally unrelated.

From NYC's marketing and tourism website - http://www.nycgo.com/venues/maloney-porcelli

This elegant spot is also home to one of the city’s best-kept secrets: The $75 weekend wine dinner that includes any appetizer, entrée and dessert, with unlimited pours of featured vinos.

For 99 baht I can have a couple of beers on Nimman and get good value. No need to get drunk. For $75 I might wind up with 6-10 glasses of wine.

Beer buffets and "free flows" are accepted all over the world. Let's party!

That certainly hasn't been my experience, I had trouble getting down the stairs at DeGarden in January. When and where did you have the experience(s) that led to this post?

Pros cost a lot more than 99 baht, and I no longer have the energy for two...Oh, you mean beer promotions!

Rush bar maybe 8 months ago.

Rush bar maybe 8 months ago.

When I was at Rush bar in October the beer was ok, but food and service disappointing. As I noted earlier, food and service are inconsistent at Rush bar, perhaps beer is as well.

Beer promotions are a good value, and they seem to be everywhere outside of the tourist areas. I went with a friend to Blar Blar Bar last night, arriving about 7:45. At that time the pretties outnumbered the customers, and some of them were very pretty. The beer promotion yesterday (I think it changes frequently) was 120 baht for a pitcher of Chang and 300 baht for five large Chang Exports. We had a few pitchers, I lost count, and quite a lot of food. I hadn't had a good blow-out evening for a while so I didn't hold back. The bill came in at a little under 1500 baht, not cheap by Thai standards but reasonable, and quite cheap by western standards for four hours of eating and drinking for two. I had a good time, I need to give Blar Blar more business. The only problem is that today I can't get those pretties out of my head, but that's not a terrible problem.

Thursday I went to Nimman. Got to Habuki at 5:55 pm. Place was modern and neat,by Thai standards. My guess is the British were most largely represented. Just saw too many people drinking it over ice, and the were poring from large containers that didn't look fresh. Sorry, drinking beer on ice goes against everything I know about drinking beer. I gave it a miss. Walked by the place with the tables...very clean and neat. Checked the cooler...80 thb large Heineken and Singha. Heiney's were born in February (not bad), Leos are 55 THB and they were born on 3-18-2014..excellent. Decided to find a promo, and went to Blah Bar...Bruce, I think we are talking about the same young lady...quite nice. Promo was for Export and I can barely drink regular Chang...place looked good, though. Wine Terminal was empty, but that looked ok, too. So I went to Club Cafe (somthin' like that), and it was 115 for Heineken Buffet...6:30 until 9:00. I tried to clarify with them, that under no circumstances do I put ice in beer, they acted like it would be ok. First one was warm, thought I would have to ask for refund, but they were pouring out of towers which are kind of gross anyways. They brought me chilled ones after that; I did a dozen or so, but I just kind of felt like an 8th grade Science Teacher on experiment day...a little nervous, a little distressed. Place to smoke outside, friendly thais....So I think in conclusion, I will do the tables on Nimman, and hand select cold fresh ones, and not have to worry about getting one opened four hours before, etc...more expensive, but still very reasonable by most standards....or the Dayli for 4 for 210 thb, but they will open them all at once and some stuff like that...so as I stated, I think it will be most relaxing for me to drink at that market, and there appeared to be a nice mixed crowd there too, a little more my age. Did 8 pork satays for 40 thb and they were great, too. Salud!

Thursday I went to Nimman. Got to Habuki at 5:55 pm. Place was modern and neat,by Thai standards. My guess is the British were most largely represented. Just saw too many people drinking it over ice, and the were poring from large containers that didn't look fresh. Sorry, drinking beer on ice goes against everything I know about drinking beer. I gave it a miss. Walked by the place with the tables...very clean and neat. Checked the cooler...80 thb large Heineken and Singha. Heiney's were born in February (not bad), Leos are 55 THB and they were born on 3-18-2014..excellent. Decided to find a promo, and went to Blah Bar...Bruce, I think we are talking about the same young lady...quite nice. Promo was for Export and I can barely drink regular Chang...place looked good, though. Wine Terminal was empty, but that looked ok, too. So I went to Club Cafe (somthin' like that), and it was 115 for Heineken Buffet...6:30 until 9:00. I tried to clarify with them, that under no circumstances do I put ice in beer, they acted like it would be ok. First one was warm, thought I would have to ask for refund, but they were pouring out of towers which are kind of gross anyways. They brought me chilled ones after that; I did a dozen or so, but I just kind of felt like an 8th grade Science Teacher on experiment day...a little nervous, a little distressed. Place to smoke outside, friendly thais....So I think in conclusion, I will do the tables on Nimman, and hand select cold fresh ones, and not have to worry about getting one opened four hours before, etc...more expensive, but still very reasonable by most standards....or the Dayli for 4 for 210 thb, but they will open them all at once and some stuff like that...so as I stated, I think it will be most relaxing for me to drink at that market, and there appeared to be a nice mixed crowd there too, a little more my age. Did 8 pork satays for 40 thb and they were great, too. Salud!

I guess I have a different perspective, I don't think any Thai beer is good, but that they're all drinkable when they're cold enough. Since I'm not expecting great taste and consider it essential that Thai beer be cold I don't mind drinking them with ice. When I want good beer I go to Hobs or Beer Republic, and I never put ice in good beer.

At most of these beer buffets they keep full pitchers somewhere convenient for the waitresses, and sometimes they let the pitchers sit too long. However that rarely happens once the buffet is going well, and I've never had a problem sending warm, flat beer back when it does happen.

I think Blar Blar Bar changes their promotions regularly, but they are always for Thai beer. They do have bottled Heineken, but not on promotion. I intend to go back, I liked the food, the service was good,and the pretties above average. There was a sweet faced Chang girl, the Japanese menu girl wearing a short silk robe that got me quite excited, a petite young hostess with an innocent baby-face and a bad girl tattoo on her left upper back, and many more. I like that place.

Edited by heybruce

my favourite beer garden blar blar bar,been going there on a regular basis for the last two year or so,use to be able to get all thai beers there before the refurbishment of the place but looks like chang paid for the alterations so only chang sold now and hienken 120bht a bootle,food good there new menu just out,prices good.disco opening this week.

that is correct....120 for 1 large Heineken, but it does look like the promos change frequently. I look at it like the best beers can be consumed at cellar temp in London or San Francisco, so I wouldn't be a factor. Here you could just hold it by the a/c blower for five minutes. But, those beers are 180 a pint+ here. The Budweiser/chang/leo runofthemill stuff needs to be served cold. Even Tiger, which is an award winner, is meant to be served cold. Some say it right on the bottle, and to this day, no one has shown me a single beer company ad showing ice IN the beer. It's just not meant to be. Reminds me of the Africans smoking seeds in Washington DC; you wouldn't be caught dead doing it across the river in Virginia.

Edited by Thighlander

That's another thing for the beer buffet. You aren't allowed pouring your own beer or your own ice. and your glass has to be filled with ice to the top before they will put beer in it. A way to further water down your beer and keep you from drinking as much.

my favourite beer garden blar blar bar,been going there on a regular basis for the last two year or so,use to be able to get all thai beers there before the refurbishment of the place but looks like chang paid for the alterations so only chang sold now and hienken 120bht a bootle,food good there new menu just out,prices good.disco opening this week.

A disco? Please don't let it become like Monkey Club and Warm-Up!

• Like 1

A disco? Please don't let it become like Monkey Club and Warm-Up!

no its a little bit more up market, blar blar bar,and disco is a bit more relaxing and nice seating, not standing room only like infinity, monkey, warm up.

Had an enjoyable evening on Nimman at the tables doing fresh/cold 55 thb Leos last night. There weren't any farang girls there, but the ones at the place next door were talking so loud it was like they were sitting right next to you. Chinese girls are lookin' pretty good, and a standard assortment of Thai ladies.

just a heads up because of the popularity of the new blar blar bar,if you want a table get there early.

Do you know their hours? I know that before 8 p.m. there are usually plenty of empty tables, and plenty of pretty waitresses to pay attention to you (one of the things I most like about Blar Blar; the staff pay more attention to their customers than to their phones). Before 7 p.m. I can't tell if they're open or just setting up.

just a heads up because of the popularity of the new blar blar bar,if you want a table get there early.

Do you know their hours? I know that before 8 p.m. there are usually plenty of empty tables, and plenty of pretty waitresses to pay attention to you (one of the things I most like about Blar Blar; the staff pay more attention to their customers than to their phones). Before 7 p.m. I can't tell if they're open or just setting up.

They were open at 18:15 the night I stopped and chatted with the promotion girl.

yes if you go very early plenty of tables,as thais dont start early,but the last week,i no its been a holiday,they have been full after 9/10 oclock and just pot luck if you can get in,if you make friends with one of the bar staff,they will reserve a table for you great for the footie, look out for thai bloke RAK he very helpful,and u can ring him and he will reserve a table for you,only small tip i give him.

with the disco now that stays open till 3oclock,bar closes 1oclock long night if you go early.

Does that mean that at 12:55 a.m. I can order a beer promotion then watch the "learning to drink" university crowd stumble out of the disco? That might be more fun than drinking at the mini-van bar and watching the wildlife entering and exiting Spice.