Free vouchers for digital TV set-top boxes

indothai

US cable companies have done the same thing over the past couple of years. In the US if we were receiving television via a box already, we did not need it. It was for televisions that were hooked directly into cable without a box, usually via tHe basic cable package.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps my answer is so obvious that I'm the one who doesn't understand the question.

Do a web search of your model number, look at reviews from good sites like cnet, egadget, trusted reviews, etc......

If it is from a good company such as LG or Samsung try calling customer service.

Owner manuals usually don't list all the possibilities of a TV and neither do the company web sites.

I just bought a New LG and the shop told me it doesn't have ARC. When it was set up at home I saw the HDMI 1 port said "ARC". Nothing in the owner's manual and nothing on the web site. I called customer service and they informed me it does in fact have ARC.

Edited by connarandduncan

First of all for the OP, how do you currently receive your TV signal? Old style TV antenna, satellite dish, or cable? If via satellite or cable you don't need to do anything; but if receiving via old style TV antenna then you may need a set-top box. As mentioned, look up the specs on your particular TV model and see if it has digital reception already built-in....if it's more than a few years old it probably don't...and even if it's brand new model it may not since most people now days use satellite or cable reception versus the old style terrestrial reception.

I've got 2 LCD TV's.

One LCD is connected with Truevisions box and can view HD channels.

The other LCD is connected to the condo system, which is crap,...not clear etc.

The one connected to Truevisions, I'm going to leave alone. But the other that is connected to the condo system, I may need to get one of those DVB-T2 tuners.... but as Pib indicated, I should go dig up the specs on my LCD's first to see if it can support digital terrestrial reception.

Anyone get the coupons yet?

I've got 2 LCD TV's.

One LCD is connected with Truevisions box and can view HD channels.

The other LCD is connected to the condo system, which is crap,...not clear etc.

The one connected to Truevisions, I'm going to leave alone. But the other that is connected to the condo system, I may need to get one of those DVB-T2 tuners.... but as Pib indicated, I should go dig up the specs on my LCD's first to see if it can support digital terrestrial reception.

You really need to find out where your condo signal originates...it's probably cable or satellite versus old style TV antenna.

Two examples of digital terrestrial channels are the brand new THV and Loco channels which started yesterday/1 Apr. But we watch them on our C-band disk satellite system...up until 1 Apr the channels were called TV Pool (pretty much Thai celebrity stuff all day) and Music Pool (music videos). Well, I should say the "wife" watched TV Pool all the time since she is like many Thais and just loves hearing what celebrities are doing today, what new SOAP show episodes are coming up., etc. Anyway, THV and Loco went operational yesterday and their programming is also completely/radically changed...a lot less stuff about celebrities...more news shows, short movies, cartoons, shows for folks in the teens and 20's, etc.

Here's a Nation newspaper article on the THV and Loco channels, which are new digital terrestrial channels...and they are also being transmitted on satellite TV...no special box or capability needed to watch them on C band satellite TV....and there are some local cable companies which are doing nothing more that restransmitting over cable C/KU band satellite TV reception since many people can't/don't want to install a dish antenna or only have cable in their residence/condo building.

They haven't been mail yet...still just one of those govt statements saying the coupons will be mailed to certain provinces first; not a mass mailing all over Thailand at the same time. There is an article in today's Bangkok Post...the articles says the coupon will be for 690 baht.