Think about it..Thailand ain't so cheap!

mr chow

Well I get my rent and utilities here for about 1/3 of what I was paying back in Canada and I don't have a heating bill here in Chiang Mai..

Public transportation is almost free compared to back home and it takes me where I want to go not a1/4 mile away. Some things are more expensive but over all still cheaper than back in Canada.

Now if I was wanting to live the luxury life style yes defiantly more expensive. Don't know about the price on vehicles but I am willing to say that labor on repair work would be cheaper here. So is construction work. You just have to keep an eye on the contractors. Western foods are defiantly higher.

• Like 1

Well I get my rent and utilities here for about 1/3 of what I was paying back in Canada and I don't have a heating bill here in Chiang Mai..

Public transportation is almost free compared to back home and it takes me where I want to go not a1/4 mile away. Some things are more expensive but over all still cheaper than back in Canada.

Now if I was wanting to live the luxury life style yes defiantly more expensive. Don't know about the price on vehicles but I am willing to say that labor on repair work would be cheaper here. So is construction work. You just have to keep an eye on the contractors. Western foods are defiantly higher.

DEFINATELY! No way I could rent a 2 level, 2 bedroom house with three bathrooms for $100 a week anywhere in Australia, except maybe the Great Sandy Desert. Water bill in Chiang Mai $3.00, power bill $20.00.(before the air con season!)

Power on the Gold Coast with NO air con is around $80.00 a month.

Thailand is waaay cheaper than living in San Francisco, which is where I came from. I can live a very comfortable lifestyle here with restaurant meals, Internet and utilities for what I would pay just for rent on a small studio apartment in the Bay Area. There is no comparison.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Who said anything about San Francisco , Canada or Australia ? By the way, they are 3 of the most expensive places to live anywhere. If the only item you can dispute with my analysis is water your argument is pretty weak. You mean that water YOU CAN 'T DRINK ? Bottled water bill in Florida " 0 ". 100 degrees in chiang mai and it's only April! Air con anyone? Your move.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

San Francisco is where I would be living if I was not living here. That makes it relevant to me. Granted, I might be able to live in a log cabin in Appalachia for less than Chiang Mai and make my own vittles, but it would not be nearly as comfortable or fun as living here..

subversive-home.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2