traffic fine - costs

willfreeman

A bit off topic here... been caught over speeding twice and beating the red light (caught on cctv) my question is " is there a limit for commiting violations or it's just the fine that would double every time i violated the rules? A bit worried they will comfiscate my driving licence.. thanks or any links in english that could point me to their traffic rules and regulations.

the-edge-dou

ha ha i got done doing that quickie down past mcdonalds many many years ago,did not no it was not allowed,do now, think it was 200bht fine at station.

You and the OP got it wrong .Its Burger king at that junction corner .McDonalds is a little to the right of it .You can avoid any fine by going left at the junction just before and cutting through at a large Hotel ,which brings you around to lower LKR and the Red Lion Pub .

Edited by anto

Contrary to popular belief, not all police are corrupt in Thailand, and if the OP does try to offer bribes, than he does so at his own risk and discretion, but I certainly don`t recommend it.

Rather than 'offer a bribe,' I usually just ask 'can I pay the fine here now or do I have to go to the police station?' I'm not asking if I can pay him, I'm asking where to pay the fine. Never had a problem with that. The only time I've ever needed to go to the station was when my wheel was clamped and the cop was standing right there finishing up. I guess perhaps the reason he was on clamping duty rather than roadblock was maybe the other cops didn't trust him to see what was going on!

Thought you had never broken a law.

Cool how you know how to offer a bribe ( which is against the law ) in such a discrete way.

Your post speaks for itself.

• 1 year later...