TDRI says corruption in rice scheme exceeds 450 billion baht

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an organised corruption in an infrastructure level, that taking % of GDP in the game. hmm . . . it is a culture, it is a business practice in everyday dealing.

NACC may able to spot a case or two, yet may not have the muscle to bring it back on to the track.

• Like 1

'no one would lodge a complaint because it engaged conflict of interest'

Don't worry Somchai, it'd go against my principles to dob you in - I've just taken 40 million off the top for myself. You won't say anything will you? Snort, snort.

He wont say anything because you know about the 60 million he took. Hence "conflict of interest"

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"total damage from corruption amounted to over 450 billion baht, or equivalent to 60% of total sum used for the rice-pledging scheme."

I'm no fan of the scheme and am sure there was a lot of corruption, but surely not 60%. That's insane, no one could be stupid enough to think they could get away with that level of criminality.

60% corruption? Looks like double the usual amount. Now it's coming back to bite them on the buttocks.

Not quite half. It has been alleged at approx. 40% since YL took over.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Still, Yingluck has raised the benchmark even further now to a minimum of 60% corruption skimming that will be difficult for future administrations to match.

She must be disappointed the infrastructure proposal was squashed as that would have landed the corrupt a staggering 1.3 TRILLION baht.

Very poorly written/translated article (why don't they get a decent proof-reader?), and therefore it would not surprise me if there are elements of this which are wrong due to incorrect interpretation.

Even in Thailand, I don't believe that the figures quoted are possible.

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 2

"total damage from corruption amounted to over 450 billion baht, or equivalent to 60% of total sum used for the rice-pledging scheme."

I'm no fan of the scheme and am sure there was a lot of corruption, but surely not 60%. That's insane, no one could be stupid enough to think they could get away with that level of criminality.

not stupid...arrogant

rice = untraceable commodity