2000Hp American designed super car?

Yep, here ya ago, concept is rather appealing.. Can even carry your groceries..

1899331_1015226.5c37a093432.original.jpg

California-based Trion Supercars announced plans to build the Nemesis, an exceptional sports car designed to rival even the most impressive European models. If it makes it to production, the Nemesis will be powered by a twin turbo V8 engine with over 2,000hp, allowing the car to reach a top speed of over 435km/h and to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in just 2.8 seconds.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-firm-developing-2-000hp-supercar-153701605.html

Sweet stuff! If it is finally developed.. Be nice to bring it to Mclaren and other Euro super car manufacturers.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll see, won't we?? We already have one at nearly half the cost of most other mass produced Euro autos and it meets or exceeds the performance of all comers, it's called the Corvette so this one is just a bit of redundancy to drive home the point.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes, though not very scientific and that is the old Vette, not the new one, still showing the Vette well equal or above a lot of Euro models and no comparison in price. Only 2 seconds per lap slower then the Bugatti?? Faster then the Konigsegg before the wing addition and on a damp track to boot which I think leveled the playing field, which only one of the others above had to deal with, not even worth discussion, dollar for dollar, package for package, upkeep for upkeep, the Vette is on completely different levels.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes, though not very scientific and that is the old Vette, not the new one, still showing the Vette well equal or above a lot of Euro models and no comparison in price. Only 2 seconds per lap slower then the Bugatti?? Faster then the Konigsegg before the wing addition and on a damp track to boot which I think leveled the playing field, which only one of the others above had to deal with, not even worth discussion, dollar for dollar, package for package, upkeep for upkeep, the Vette is on completely different levels.

In my younger days there was a saying, there are as many corvette models as there are corvettes sold.

"American Supercar" - isn't that an oxymoron?

Ahem, fastest street-legal car in the world. Built in a little town in Texas. Imagine that!!!

The test pilot guy driving the car said there was at least another 5 to 10 mph hour more left but was running out of road.

Thought the Venom was an all American design and build.

We'll see, won't we?? We already have one at nearly half the cost of most other mass produced Euro autos and it meets or exceeds the performance of all comers, it's called the Corvette so this one is just a bit of redundancy to drive home the point.

Indeed, if I ever wanted to drive in a straight line very fast why would I get anything other than a Corvette?

• Like 1

Indeed, if I ever wanted to drive in a straight line very fast why would I get anything other than a Corvette?

I think you may be a little behind in the times. Lotus has had a little to do with USA GM Super cars that do not need a straight road............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You obviously didn't avail yourself of the above link provided by IMHO and then copied by me, of the Top Gear (British show) fastest circuit times then would you? Corvette has never been about straight lines since it's inception..

Putting a strong engine on 4 wheels don t make a supercar.

Yes just ask Konigsegg, until Top Gear, an automotive parody show, advised them to put a wing on their car they couldn't go around corners either cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ...

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

I think you may be a little behind in the times. Lotus has had a little to do with USA GM Super cars that do not need a straight road............coffee1.gif

Nice back handed compliment, rolleyes.gif it's been decades since GM and Lotus did much of anything together, and there have been a few notable, exclusive, independent GM developments in handling that have been adopted by the Euro's such as progressive rate shock technology for example.

You obviously didn't avail yourself of the above link provided by IMHO and then copied by me, of the Top Gear (British show) fastest circuit times then would you? Corvette has never been about straight lines since it's inception..

Although you're right that Corvette has never been about straight lines, it is a known fact that the earlier models had some issues with taking curves at speed whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"American Supercar" - isn't that an oxymoron?

Ahem, fastest street-legal car in the world. Built in a little town in Texas. Imagine that!!!

The test pilot guy driving the car said there was at least another 5 to 10 mph hour more left but was running out of road.

You thought, or he thought?

Although you're right that Corvette has never been about straight lines, it is a known fact that the earlier models had some issues with taking curves at speed whistling.gif

Early models of EVERY car manufacturer have problems with taking corners at speed especially if they produce more hp and speed then many or their rivals who don't.. We aren't talking the 50's here though so really a moot point.. Mercedes back in the day has one of the worst fatal accidents on record in F1 motorsports what does that say?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Wow! I thought about it but managed to ignore my instincts and not make mention but the Viper is even more impressive then the Vette on that track. And oh BTW I think the new Z28 Camaro just broke that record recently at the Nurburgring this past year, I seem to have seen a video of that run and it was partially in the wet too, butt puckering drive to say the least.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Although you're right that Corvette has never been about straight lines, it is a known fact that the earlier models had some issues with taking curves at speed.

You sure you're not thinking Corvair?

If I've got less than $100K to spend on a new factory "Supercar" the only choices are American made.

Edit: Or a heavily modified rice burner.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

You thought, or he thought?

Me that thought the test pilot just remarked it could go faster.

Ok, nope it seems to be somehow an unspoken fact that it was made from a Lotus chassis and jammed with higher performance parts to make everything handle the extra weight and Hp, like the engine, brakes, suspension, etc...

• Like 1