2000Hp American designed super car?

The super car you mean? There's some pretty heavy backing on the project so I would take that bet, besides now they've already put it out there, they've more on the line personally too.. Don't forget it's an American project and were not interested in settling for second best when we put our full effort into something, much to the consternation of many, eventually we prevail.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The super car you mean? There's some pretty heavy backing on the project so I would take that bet, besides now they've already put it out there, they've more on the line personally too.. Don't forget it's an American project and were not interested in settling for second best when we put our full effort into something, much to the consternation of many, eventually we prevail.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer, land speed record...................whistling.gif

British built, British engines and an English driver. thumbsup.gif

Driver? He's an RAF fighter pilot. smile.png Interesting though that Black Rock has overtaken Bonneville as the place for world records.

Driver? He's an RAF fighter pilot. smile.png Interesting though that Black Rock has overtaken Bonneville as the place for world records.

Something to do about the wheels being solid ali the surface is more forgiving than salt flats.

Back to straight lines again.biggrin.png

Thrust SSC not all British parts though I would imagine.

Edited by Kwasaki

All of them?? Off in another off topic direction T/A? The topic was putting our head down and ACHIEVING a given goal once we're resolved to it and in this case one given goal not EVERY goal.. Could go off in another direction and ask a question up your alley like who established and holds the most top fuel records in the 1.4 mile? We held a few land speed records before others sought after them, but no reason anymore, the cost and danger is astronomical for a little recognized goal.. But in fact Col. Chuck Yeager was the first to break a related and more purposeful barrier, just wanted to remind whistling.gif .. As for land speed, being first is always more important then being last, leading instead of following as it were, more value. We also did with the land speed barrier, the first internal combustion engine being an American driver in a French car and the next 2 being American drivers and manufacturers. Yes you Limeys were first to the sound barrier on land, props to ya.

We're currently NOT actively chasing that record as far as I know?? Hence the point about putting "our full effort into something". Been there already, done that. Still in terms of the jet engine land speed record it's been all US since it first began, (notice once again "first") in 1963 right up until the last serious effort with the Blue Flame and Gary Gablich in 1970, most of those records including the "first" were put up by Craig Breedlove who's passed away doing what he chased. It's been everyone else trying to chase us as usual. All of those were wheel driven land speed records. Of course we could make a jet engine or rocket driven car that could take it back if necessary, we hold more than enough technology when you get into non-wheel driven jet and rocket cars, but really at the end of the day what's the point, what's to be gained?

FYI your driver was/is not a "driver" he was/is literally a pilot.

August 5, 1963 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Craig Breedlove Spirit of America Turbojet 407.447[8][24] Ratified by FIM as vehicle has 3 wheels. October 2, 1964 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Tom Green Wingfoot Express Turbojet 413.2[8] October 5, 1964 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Art Arfons Green Monster Turbojet 434.03[8]November 15, 1965 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Craig Breedlove Spirit of America - Sonic 1 Turbojet 594 955.950 600.601 -[27] November 2, 1965 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Craig Breedlove Spirit of America - Sonic 1 Turbojet 555.485 893.966 555.485 893.966[26] October 23, 1970 Bonneville Salt Flats, USA 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Gary Gabelich Blue Flame Rocket 630.478 1014.656 622.407 1001.667

That's all I'll say on that topic, as it's really off topic..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes "pilot" not a true driver in the sense of the word, as I mentioned after your observation in my post above. Bonneville is deteriorating very quickly and is becoming too rough and dangerous for really high speeds.. Sadly years of speed runs and wind erosion have taken their toll on the salts and it is no longer as thick as it used to be.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes "pilot" not a true driver in the sense of the word, as I mentioned after your observation in my post above. Bonneville is deteriorating very quickly and is becoming too rough and dangerous for really high speeds.. Sadly years of speed runs and wind erosion have taken their toll on the salts and it is no longer as thick as it used to be.

Heyyyyy, what difference does it make what the drivers full time occupation was rolleyes.gif , did the driver have 4 wheels on planet earth ?

You above made a blanket statement regarding where you come from yes/no ?......Your country has been in the race too for decades, the British hold the LAND speed record, not flying, on land...............coffee1.gif

AND,...................Two wheel performance stuff is DOMINATED by the Japs and Italians engineering wise. Yeh, many nationalities ride the things, including USA guys, but the USA has never come up with a machine to compete Warpy, yes/no, why.........................wink.png

AND,...................Two wheel performance stuff is DOMINATED by the Japs and Italians engineering wise. Yeh, many nationalities ride the things, including USA guys, but the USA has never come up with a machine to compete Warpy, yes/no, why.........................wink.png

A Kiwi rode a famous American Indian to speed records years ago. Good film starring Anthony Hopkins called The World's Fastest Indian."

My bad dream is to drive a super car with 3 and 1/2 inch clearance to Infinity at Prasertland CM, get stuck and seesaw on the speed bumps, engine revving, and all the girls come out and laugh then cos it's late they puke over the windscreen.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

My bad dream is to drive a super car with 3 and 1/2 inch clearance to Infinity at Prasertland CM, get stuck and seesaw on the speed bumps, engine revving, and all the girls come out and laugh then cos it's late they puke over the windscreen.

Tell your ladies to drink Chang Draught, your problems over.............thumbsup.gif

But in fact Col. Chuck Yeager was the first to break a related and more purposeful barrier, just wanted to remind whistling.gif

After they had been given the Stabilator from the UK sound barrier project. Just wanted to remind whistling.gif

Yes you Limeys were first to the sound barrier on land, props to ya.

How gracious.

OT

Let's not forget the Australians with there world water speed record.

• Like 2

Heyyyyy, what difference does it make what the drivers full time occupation was rolleyes.gif , did the driver have 4 wheels on planet earth ?

You above made a blanket statement regarding where you come from yes/no ?......Your country has been in the race too for decades, the British hold the LAND speed record, not flying, on land...............coffee1.gif

Last response on this topic if you still don't get it then too bad.. I said, "when we put our minds to accomplishing something we achieve it". What's hard for you to understand in that statement and how does it not apply, blanket or otherwise? Never mind, that's a rhetorical question the answer is obvious and I'm not continuing the off topic discussion. Tell me what American program has contended for that record over the last "two" decades? Don't know of any myself since the last serious contenders have all passed away. There's little interest in that record anymore it's prohibitively expensive and really proves nor accomplishes anything with today's technology.

Pilots skill and reactions to speed are much more enhanced due to their training then the average Joe who may do this once in a great while yes?? Not to mention his exposure to jets and the like with which to train in.. Another rhetorical question.. Scaled down it's on the order of a stock level race driver getting right into an F1 car for the first time and expecting the same result as a seasoned vet, get it?

• Like 1

I'm not going to debate every f'ing record with you T/A and turn this into another one of your dung fests because you don't understand someone's post. That's not the topic and wasn't my statement, the explanation to your inquiry is obvious based on what I said, the answer is obviously WE haven't put the necessary effort into those endeavors to accomplish them, get it? Now let's not continue down this path in this thread anymore..Make your own thread on THAT topic if you so choose..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

As dreams go that's not the worst but it's pretty bad. Also, like dreams, it's pretty strange in it's origins..

But in fact Col. Chuck Yeager was the first to break a related and more purposeful barrier, just wanted to remind whistling.gif

After they had been given the Stabilator from the UK sound barrier project. Just wanted to remind whistling.gif

Yes you Limeys were first to the sound barrier on land, props to ya.

How gracious.

OT

Let's not forget the Australians with there world water speed record.

I was gracious, this is not a speed record thread.. It is a super car and hp thread.. I know you're all very desperate to show some accomplishments but this isn't the thread for it until you have the fastest streetable super car.. Hennessy already showed how to enhance one of your toys and make a REAL supercar out of it with good ole Texas Hp, American ingenuity and performance enhancements, why couldn't Lotus do that for themselves? If you say they weren't interested then you have the answers for the other questions posed to me. If not, then THEY just weren't capable enough to do it, BTW you're welcome for putting Lotus on top of THAT record too..

And your first post has to do with what exactly?? At best it's a juvenile attempt at one ups-manship you'd see in a school yard, as has been all of these posts I've answered frankly..

Edited by WarpSpeed

To be fair, not exactly, it's a British American hybrid, not solely US built.. British design & constuct with American enhancements and power..

Yes, to be fair the only thing used on the Venom is the tub from a Lotus Exige which is heavily re-enforced. They could have modeled their own, but being a low-budget outfit by comparison to the majors they cut a few corners. If you want wave the Union Jack for that, so be it.

• Like 2

Chill a little eh, just trying to give the Limeys a little cred, and in reality it is their chassis regardless and I also mentioned extensive performance enhancements and the like. Haven't you read the above posts they get veeery over-sensitive when they don't credit for a single nut or bolt they may have contributed to the effort so you have to give them their treats.. Even still they find something to whine about..

• Like 1

You'd have to add that you forgot to wear clothes that day- to make it a really bad dream... (And forgot your homework for the trifecta of bad dreams)

Edited by impulse

You'd have to add that you forgot to wear clothes that day- to make it a really bad dream... (And forgot your homework for the trifecta of bad dreams)

Wonder if those who take the super cars to Warm Up have their own special map.......presumably covering about 15% the roads of Chiangmai.....where they can actually drive without grounding.

Edited by cheeryble

You think there's an inverse relationship between the car and the anatomy?

Love to se the result of that study :-)

Nah. Car and bank book, maybe.

If there was an inverse relationship between car and anatomy, I'd have a 14" schlong. I don't.

• Like 2

And your first post has to do with what exactly?? At best it's a juvenile attempt at one ups-manship you'd see in a school yard, as has been all of these posts I've answered frankly..

Tsk, tsk touch nerve did we? Just humour or information neither of which you seem to understand smile.png

Sometime we don't need answers with minutia.

• Like 1

I was taught that one can have a zillion HP, but if you can't plant it on the black top then why have it. Most go up in wheel spin smoke, yeh good fun, but when these guys on the strip get seen off by a wreck it does make one smile, and not bye the guy in the big buck ride. facepalm.gif

One does wonder, what use is 2000hp in a street car. blink.png

There is no way you can use it in farangland, or is it just for a rich guys "badge".

What super car isn't "a rich guys badge"? Seldom does one see a REAL driver driving one, case and point your thread with the bone head Lambo driver accelerating & running into another silly fool on a narrow street that was pulling out in front of him.. There are places one could drive one passionately though, for example track days but not mention definitely some places in Europe and Germany for one, comes to mind..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1