Body of Naked Foreign Vagrant found at abandoned construction site in Jomtien

webfact

Body of Naked Foreign Vagrant found at abandoned construction site in Jomtien

dead-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday afternoon, Police were called to an abandoned construction site near Soi 11 on Jomtien Beach Road following the discovery of a naked foreign vagrant at the location.

The body was discovered by a foreign resident who was walking his dog. The deceased man was thought to have been dead for between 3 to 4 hours prior to his discovery. No obvious signs of a struggle were seen but it appeared he was using the area as a temporary home.

Police were not unable to find any identification for the man, described as a “European” by Officers.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/123800/body-of-naked-foreign-vagrant-found-at-abandoned-construction-site-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-04-03

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester, Mannheim, or Brussels have help for such people, usually suffering from a disease of the mind that any of us could get.

Sadly these sick people are looked down upon by their fellow countrymen here. Thais have plenty compassion but seldom help.

The police aren't interested as there is no money in it for them.

The very nature of Pattaya means there will be many people susceptible to diseases like alcoholism etc coming.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who said anything about him suffering from a disease of the mind? blink.png

As harkish rightly said, ending up in the sterile and depressing environments of Mannheim, Manchester or Brussels would definitely give you a disease of the mind.

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

• Like 2

In my limited experiece, destitute old farangs do get help in Thailiand, from kind individuals & unofficially, from institutions. This is not broadcast, since obviously Thai does not want to encourage 'handout' tourists. With limited funds, gov organizations & charities put their own first, but they are still very compassionate. I am always impressed when passing thru poor villages; despite being fat & sassy, Thais at neals often invite me over for a free feed. But maybe tourist centers are different. I've always avoided them e/where in the world. They are there for spenders & the crowds of fly-by-nights who live off them.

That's true. I know first hand how a relative of my wife was helping an Australian who was completely broke and living in absolute poverty, but refused to go home or seek help at the embassy.

• Like 2

Manchester, Mannheim, or Brussels have help for such people, usually suffering from a disease of the mind that any of us could get.

Sadly these sick people are looked down upon by their fellow countrymen here. Thais have plenty compassion but seldom help.

The very nature of Pattaya means there will be many people susceptible to diseases like alcoholism etc coming.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote

As harkish rightly said, ending up in the sterile and depressing environments of Mannheim, Manchester or Brussels would definitely give you a disease of the mind.

At least he ended his days amongst palm trees and the ocean and maybe he deliberately chose that.

How true. Many would prefer a simple and poor life but in an alive environment like Thailand for their final years, compared to slowly rotting away at a sterile nursing home in Europe or USA.

However, being a foreigner and a vagrant in a country like Thailand, may not be the ideal choice regardless...

Yeah right, Pattaya is the last place a sane person would want to live for the beach and palm trees.

You never mentioned the pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc.

There are beautiful beaches in Thailand with no tourists and vultures - any sane vagrant would go there.

• Like 1

Strange as it might seem to many, but this man just might have wanted to live like that, thousands do, many shunning all help. However i am sure that no temple would have turned him away. So lets assume that it was his choice and stop the 'bleeding heart' posts.

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app[/quote

How true. Many would prefer a simple and poor life but in an alive environment like Thailand for their final years, compared to slowly rotting away at a sterile nursing home in Europe or USA.

However, being a foreigner and a vagrant in a country like Thailand, may not be the ideal choice regardless...

"The very nature of Pattaya means there will be many people susceptible to diseases like alcoholism etc coming."

Did you just make/call excessive ejaculation a disease?

• Like 1

In my limited experiece, destitute old farangs do get help in Thailiand, from kind individuals & unofficially, from institutions. This is not broadcast, since obviously Thai does not want to encourage 'handout' tourists. With limited funds, gov organizations & charities put their own first, but they are still very compassionate. I am always impressed when passing thru poor villages; despite being fat & sassy, Thais at neals often invite me over for a free feed. But maybe tourist centers are different. I've always avoided them e/where in the world. They are there for spenders & the crowds of fly-by-nights who live off them.

No one suggested that this farang was old. So why is it according to you ,in your limited experience, that destitute farangs are all old ?

Yeah right, Pattaya is the last place a sane person would want to live for the beach and palm trees.

You never mentioned the pimps, drug addicts alkies, con men, mafia, etc.

There are beautiful beaches in Thailand with no tourists and vultures - any sane vagrant would go there.

one homeless man said " Pattaya is Disneyland for old men "smile.png

Now I’m pretty popular here on Jomtien beach. They even call me “the beach boy from Manchester.” I have many friends, they take care of me, they like my personality. I never beg, but when I need it they give me money. Once I was arrested, and I needed 5000 baht to pay the bail, and my friends gave it to me. So I survive because I’m me.I also stopped talking to my friends in England. They wouldn’t even send me 10 pounds when I was starving.

At least here, I have the sun and the beach.

Photo Essay: Homeless foreigners living down and out in Pattaya

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/06/photo-essay-homeless-foreigners-living-down-and-out-pattaya

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

In NZ to say 'European' is to mean 'White'. Which I believe is polite and politically correct. Can anyone tell me where this poor gent would be laid to rest? Would the burial be paid by the Govt? Thanks for any responses.

That's true. I know first hand how a relative of my wife was helping an Australian who was completely broke and living in absolute poverty, but refused to go home or seek help at the embassy.

Agreed,... I am fortunate that I don't have to worry about ending up destitute (knock on wood) but I have found Thai people to be very kind and generous, I am sure I would not end up on the street ....